Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 20:13   #1
M35
BHPian

*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?

Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai !

*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?-nissanqashqai_2012_800x600_wallpaper_18.jpg

As per a report by Cardekho, Nissan India is to introduce seven new products in India, three of which will be based on the Datsun platform. The other vehicles in the list include a new crossover Qashqai, which will replace the X-Trail. The Qashqai is a seven-seater and will be the replacement for this SUV, as it looks stylish and at the same time, it has seven-seats as well.

*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?-nissanqashqai_2012_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Nissan Quasqai,sold in China has both 2WD and 4WD variants and are priced at RMB 139800 - RMB 219800.

Pictures and specifications of China specific Nissan Qashqai here.
Pic courtesy:Netcarshow.com
M35 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 20:31   #2
MHG
BHPian

re: *Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?

OK so it is 3 datsuns (with a car based off an old Micra platform, a sub-4m SUV and the other I hope is the relaunch the Logan under this brand) and 4 Nissans. Out of the 4, one is going to be the Qashqai, the other will be their Duster remix, and what about the other two ? I'm guessing some sort of facelift of the Sunny and Micra ?

EDIT: the article says its gonna be the next gen Teana and an "image car" like the GT-R or Juke-R. Interesting times ahead for sure!

Last edited by MHG : 6th April 2013 at 20:34.
MHG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 20:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai !

As per a report by Cardekho, Nissan India is to introduce seven new products in India, three of which will be based on the Datsun platform. The other vehicles in the list include a new crossover Qashqai, which will replace the X-Trail. The Qashqai is a seven-seater and will be the replacement for this SUV, as it looks stylish and at the same time, it has seven-seats as well.

Nissan Quasqai,sold in China has both 2WD and 4WD variants and are priced at RMB 139800 - RMB 219800.

Pictures and specifications of China specific Nissan Qashqai here.
Pic courtesy:Netcarshow.com
Qashqai is a lovely 5 seater crossover. I pulled up next to a 2WD one in England a couple few years ago while driving a Subaru Forester. The middle-aged bloke who was driving the Qashqai was jokingly indicating that he wanted to swap cars with me! It falls into the direct competition segment though it is slightly smaller than vehicles like Subaru Forester, XTrail, LR FL2, X1, Q3, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Suzuki Grand Vitara, VW Tiguan, Outback, Captiva and others in developed markets. The Yeti too competes with it in a sense, though it is smaller...
It ought not to be priced more than the equivalent pricing in China on conversion rate of RMB @ Rs 7.
Which basically means depending on the variant, it should move from 8 ish lacs to 14 ish lacs, which would put it firmly in Duster, Scorpio, Safari, XUV territory...
They will be very unrealistic if they try to squeeze the Qashqai onto the unsuspecting SUV mad Indian public at prices similar to the X Trail in its current avatar in India...
Anyway the XTrail, Santa Fe, Captiva, FL2, X1, CRV, GV, Q3 and the like are way overpriced here vis a vis anywhere else...
The Qashqai makes a brilliant alternative to an X1 and a Q3 too in that sense...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th April 2013 at 20:35.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 20:40   #4
Team-BHP Support

If a Nissan version of Duster is on cards, then, Qashqai would be placed in a higher bracket. And going by it, looks like if its a CBU, then prices would roll up to the X1/Q3 category. I think thats where Nissan may place it.
Old 6th April 2013, 20:47   #5
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It ought not to be priced more than the equivalent pricing in China on conversion rate of RMB @ Rs 7.
Which basically means depending on the variant, it should move from 8 ish lacs to 14 ish lacs, which would put it firmly in Duster, Scorpio, Safari, XUV territory...
On the current conversion rate [1 RMB= 8.83 INR] its price is equivalent to INR 12 - 19 Lac.
Old 7th April 2013, 00:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

The Indian market is definitely SUV crazy, but would it be more the rough and tough body on frame SUV's or the softer CR-V kind of cars that we like? I guess more of the former. The people who buy the 20 - 25 lakhs cars have the pockets to fill fuel, so they won't care much for softroaders - I assume. In which case, Nissan can do better bringing a BOF truck like Xterra instead of a Qashqai.
Old 7th April 2013, 02:28   #7
BHPian

Finally, a good looking family car from Nissan in India. I lost hope when the Sunny and Micra released. And I nearly fainted when I saw the Evalia.
Old 7th April 2013, 08:37   #8
BHPian

What a looker!!!.
This price range will put it right in the Duster segment. Here you go Renault!!
Old 7th April 2013, 09:33   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Interesting! Qashqai can be a good addition to Indian roads, but I am not sure how it can be a replacement to the X-Trail. At the best it’s a soft-roader, and as Shankar mentioned it’s a 5-seater. They have a 7-seater version oddly named as Qashqai+2 with an added length of around 200mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It falls into the direct competition segment though it is slightly smaller than vehicles like Subaru Forester, XTrail, LR FL2, X1, Q3, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Suzuki Grand Vitara, VW Tiguan, Outback, Captiva and others in developed markets. The Yeti too competes with it in a sense, though it is smaller.

The Qashqai makes a brilliant alternative to an X1 and a Q3 too in that sense...
In other markets, it’s actually a competition to the Yeti, maybe with a slightly lower price. I have sat in both, and the Yeti feels a bit more premium in comparison. And in reality it’s not so much bigger compared to the Yeti (around 90mm longer than the Yeti, which gives it an added 50mm wheelbase, but the Yeti is taller and wider). Its the Yeti's packaging that makes it looks smaller.

I will not say the Qashqai is a competition to the likes of the X1 and Q3. At the best, it’s good to fit in the 15-20 lakhs range. On a capability point of view, I will say the Yeti is a better competition to the German duo (compared to the Qashqai).

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th April 2013 at 09:35.
Old 7th April 2013, 10:10   #10
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Interesting! Qashqai can be a good addition to Indian roads, but I am not sure how it can be a replacement to the X-Trail. At the best it’s a soft-roader, and as Shankar mentioned it’s a 5-seater. They have a 7-seater version oddly named as Qashqai+2 with an added length of around 200mm.
It isn't any surprise for me at least, if Nissan decides to discontinue its X-trial in India which couldn't find even a single taker in the last three months. Nissan could sell just 7 X-trials in the last 6 months in India. Nissan should have seen a better market in 10-15 lac territory and decide to launch its Qashqai there.

Mind you, Nissan X-trail costs RMB 207800- 269800 against RMB 139800 - RMB 219800 for Qashqai in China.
Old 7th April 2013, 11:11   #11
Team-BHP Support

The Qashqai is more of a crossover. The current model will be replaced with a newer one shortly. Maybe a decontented version will come here under the Datsun badge!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 14:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post
What a looker!!!.
This price range will put it right in the Duster segment. Here you go Renault!!
I really doubt that! The Duster equivalent shall eventually pop out from the Nissan factory sooner or later. This is going to sit at a segment above the Duster. I also have questions if it will be CKU/ CBU, which shall really matter a lot in terms of pricing.
Old 16th April 2013, 10:34   #13
BANNED

Re: *Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?

There are so many rumors about Nissan in India. I have heard about lunching of Juke from a service center guy last month.
I am not sure what Nissan is planning, talking about Juke and Qashqai and lunching NV200
Old 16th April 2013, 13:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Wishing Nissan good luck with all the new launches planned. I hope they can scale up their service network accordingly so that people have plenty of good options for the coming years
Old 16th April 2013, 15:11   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

As per the looks of it and many peoples observations the Qashqai looks more like an crossover & not an SUV.

If Nissan has to compete with the likes of Fortuner, Pajero sport etc.

Then it needs some thing like this;

*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?-118.jpg

*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?-thisisthenewnissanxtrailrevealedbyleakedpatentpapers_2.jpg

^ Leaked images of the New X-Trail

*Rumour* : Nissan India to replace the X-Trail with crossover Qashqai?-nissanhicrossconcept614x408.jpg

^ Nissan Hi-Cross Concept which was showcased last year @ Geneva Auto show on which the Next gen X-Trail is based

Source : http://www.autoevolution.com/news/th...ers-54298.html

Last edited by karan561 : 16th April 2013 at 15:19.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks