Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 17:12   #91
BHPian

Re: March 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Congrats GTO & Team-BHP for bringing this report !! Kudos to the whole team !!

What i am amazed is not the 20K figues or Dzire or The Amaze sedan itself, Its the ~4k sales of the age old Santro for Hyundai.

I am wondering where does those santros goes. I am not seeing that many new santros on the road in my places, viz. northern Kerala or Coimbatore.

Someone please help this confused soul.
Old 8th April 2013, 17:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acatgain View Post
I am wondering where does those santros goes. I am not seeing that many new santros on the road in my places, viz. northern Kerala or Coimbatore.

Someone please help this confused soul.
The Santro Xing has remained the same for the past 9 years. Lakhs of these vehicles have been sold, thus you may not spot the 'new' ones - because you cant differentiate between them!

If you need to notice them, look at the back for non-eRLX models, eRLX models (both of which were named as X*= XP, XG, XS etc) and then the newer Santros with different naming convention - GL, GL Plus, GLS, LPG etc.

Last edited by Recompose : 8th April 2013 at 17:24.
Recompose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 17:31   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
The Santro Xing has remained the same for the past 9 years. Lakhs of these vehicles have been sold, thus you may not spot the 'new' ones - because you cant differentiate between them!
Yup. Even i thought that may be the case. I was watching to spot new santros since i noticed this trend from Jan 2013.

But failed and failed and failed..

I was more looking at newer registration numbers & new car gestures (like car with the seat plastic cover intact, Temp registration, L boards & fresh paint) to simplyfy things.

So finally i thought its time to get help from biggies of the ocean..
Old 8th April 2013, 20:40   #94
BHPian

The D1 segment is in tatters. The Fluence and Laura seems to have swapped places! Now who would have guessed that. Tata has severe branding issues but unable to understand what went wrong at Skoda, the only thing I see is consistent price rise in their greed to make more then their due is the reason, plus the higher brand preference approach of the customers towards VW, if at all they were just one company and a single brand they would have got the very same sales, both the brands are not helping them to get more sales as customers will never see them as any different from the other, to make things worse their A.S.S. is dreaded. I have seen many non-petroheads buy a lesser car in their choice just because that brand has better after sales service.
Old 8th April 2013, 21:05   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi impresses in sales. Sells 1104 in March registers a 10% up in sales.

Source:BS
Old 9th April 2013, 11:08   #96
BHPian

The Sonata seems to be selling EXACTLY 20 units every month for the past 6 months. The Sonata's a CBU import as far as I know, is it something like they only import 20 a month?
Old 9th April 2013, 14:16   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
The Sonata seems to be selling EXACTLY 20 units every month for the past 6 months. The Sonata's a CBU import as far as I know, is it something like they only import 20 a month?
These figures are "offtake", i.e. the push from OEMs to dealers and may not give true sales picture. Hyundai may be forcing its dealers with this minimum stock for selling otherwise it will be a non mover.
The major reason for this pathetic performance is the availability of only a GDI engine (read PETROL).
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 18:17   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For a niche 4x4, 700 units is a cause of celebration for the Thar
Dear Rushabh - thank you so very much! I always knew that this moment of truth would come. Rushabh, I know, that you know how much this line of yours means to me, personally. You have not only made my day, you have made my life! Thar is successful out there, on the road, that's all that matters!

TeamBHP Zindabad! May God bless you and TeamBHP!

Dear Thar team - YES GUYS, WE DID IT! High fives and hats off to you, now its time to celebrate and raise the bar still higher, what are you waiting for! We deserve to cheer, so here's cheering for all of us! Enjoy!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 01:42   #99
BHPian

Segment wise, the leaders are much ahead than the immediate competitors. I am trying to analyze the reasons.
A segment : Eon is positioned wrongly in terms of pricing, compared to Alto. Also Alto got 2 variants 800cc and 1L which covers a wider range. If Eon got a 1L variant at the current price, things are far better.
B1 Segment : Since its introduction Wagon R undergone many facelifts, especially for its interiors, the immediate individual competitor Santro had hardly any major facelifts since the introduction of Xing. Also the WaganR service costs are only 50% to 60% than of a Santro.
B2 Segment : Even though i10 is an alrounder and a better hatch than Swift, people love to own a swift because of prestige, mileage and resale value.
C1 Segment : No strong competitors to Swift Dzire (other than the Honda Amaze) in terms of product positioning, pricing, performance and fuel efficiency.
C2 Segment : Duster got a novelty in its shape, space and got a VFM pricing. People perceives it as an affordable entry level SUV . Hopefully it is a rising star.
Old 10th April 2013, 12:13   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[center][IMG]

happens to see this article
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...512369492.html
"Sales of locally made cars in India fell 22.5% on year in March to 180,675 units from 233,151, data from the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers showed on Wednesday."

total sales mentioned on these are not matching. Any one know why?
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 17:12   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

JLR global sales up 16% in March.

Quote:
Increase in global sales at 53,772 units in March from the same month last year
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/19477130.cms
Old 11th April 2013, 11:16   #102
Senior - BHPian

On the Swift Dzire whopping 20k shipment, I would assume this would be a combination of the Tour + new notch. Actually have many new Tours as taxis sporting a body coloured bumpered painted on at dealer's end.

In effect this car may have potential to ship even more numbers given that the old Dzire used to sell around 8-9k comfortably and still has many takers who want a larger boot and peace of mind in the same package.

The Amaze might have a sting to hit the Dzire but as mentioned earlier it will take quite some time to ramp up any of the levels that MSIL has with its capacity for the Swift twins.
Old 11th April 2013, 11:27   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
On the Swift Dzire whopping 20k shipment, I would assume this would be a combination of the Tour + new notch. Actually have many new Tours as taxis sporting a body coloured bumpered painted on at dealer's end.

In effect this car may have potential to ship even more numbers given that the old Dzire used to sell around 8-9k comfortably and still has many takers who want a larger boot and peace of mind in the same package.

The Amaze might have a sting to hit the Dzire but as mentioned earlier it will take quite some time to ramp up any of the levels that MSIL has with its capacity for the Swift twins.
The 20K Dezires shipped in March 2013 is nothing but the Amaze effect. If the people who have been waiting for the Amaze so long, are not fascinated by the prize or delivery time of the Amaze, then Maruti dealers would simply pounce on such potential customers, with ready to be delivered Dezires. MSIL won't loose a single opportunity to convert an Amaze customer into a Dezire one, given the amount of threat the former poses to the latter. MSIL will play the ready availability card & flood the market till the time Amaze establishes itself.
Old 16th April 2013, 08:32   #104
Team-BHP Support

Tata may have problems at hand. But looks like JLR is definitely doing good.

http://www.rushlane.com/jaguar-land-...3-1274438.html
Old 16th April 2013, 09:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
S
B2 Segment : Even though i10 is an alrounder and a better hatch than Swift, people love to own a swift because of prestige, mileage and resale value.
Just wondering why do you call i10 an all rounder ? You yourself agree that Swift has mileage, prestige and resale value. i10 has none.

Agreed Swift is not value for money as it was once, but i10 has lost the plot pretty badly. It is nothing but an overpriced tiny hatchback, which is facing the issue because Hyundai thinks i10 is a match for Swift and not i20 and hence the i20 costs higher. But people know what they are buying since last 8 years isnt it ? Only a diesel can save i10 now.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks