Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 00:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: March 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Amaze sure will get into the top 10 for sure in the next sales chart but i doubt if it can dethrone Dzire still.
With the total production capacity of Honda being 10k cars, Amaze is unlikely to dethrone Dzire in the near future. 2552 that we see is the current unused capacity in the Honda plant available for Amaze. They might be able to readjust it to 3.5k max but not more than that without driving away Brio or City customers.

We've seen people willing to accept outrageous waiting periods for Swift/Dzire in the past but I doubt if it would be accepted from Honda when Swift/Dzire are almost readily available.
Old 5th April 2013, 01:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
I see 2552 vehicles listed under Amaze...
Where does these numbers come from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
These are dealer dispatch number and not the actual sale figure. This is always the case with the monthly sale numbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
But the booking for Amaze were opened just a day back.
So dispatch numbers and stockyard pile-ups add up to monthly sales figures? That can be manipulated by any company if they want to hike up sales figures. Sounds illogical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
I only disagree with the part in bold. Toyotas don't have separate lanes for yellow and white boards. What matters is really the service and I believe that this is where the TASS is genuinely going wrong.
Why would a service centre have separate lanes for yellow and white boards? What could be the possible logic?
Old 5th April 2013, 07:25   #63
BHPian

Thanks GTO, for this great analysis.
These are tough times where most of the MNC have given only a very marginal hike to most of their employees and hopes about getting a new vehicle seems to be getting a little far away.
Looking at the numbers I was expecting to see a lot of red in the charts however those numbers are decent in such times.
Hope manufacturers and dealers would come up with some invotive marketing that could lure customers to their end. Customers are ready to spend provided they get "something-extra" along with the product.
Old 5th April 2013, 08:08   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan sunny's numbers are showing no signs of improving. It has steadily declined from 3k + units over the last few months. With the launch of Amaze it will only get worse. Perhaps it's time for Nissan to bring that base variant in diesel and also probably make some minor changes to the interiors and launch a facelift.
Old 5th April 2013, 10:18   #65
BHPian

VW Toureg at 31 units!!!!! Definitely a model that the budget seems to have helped, albeit short term. Also, interesting to note that VAG's strategy of selling the same car under 2 different brands seems to be paying off. The Vento and Rapid put together have outsold the Verna for the 1st time that I remember.
Old 5th April 2013, 10:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Nissan sunny's numbers are showing no signs of improving. It has steadily declined from 3k + units over the last few months. With the launch of Amaze it will only get worse. Perhaps it's time for Nissan to bring that base variant in diesel and also probably make some minor changes to the interiors and launch a facelift.
Base variant diesel is mostly preferred by the fleet operators. For most private buyers above the entry level segment, they usually prefer the mid variant. Unless they want to open up to the fleet operators, the base version diesel might not add much numbers. Sunny would be an excellent alternative to DZire Tour.

One of the reasons for the decline in Sunny sales is the launch of its twin Scala. Higher sales figures were before Scala launch. Combined numbers of Sunny and Scala is the what counts now from a customer preference perspective, since both the cars are practically identical and the customer would chose one over the other depending on the brand of his choice. Both these cars put together still sell around 2k. We can expect similar shift in Duster sales numbers once Nissan launches the twin.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 10:32   #67

After checking for this thread for the last, its finally here !!

Has anyone noticed that apart from C2 segment which is a complete battlefield, all other segments have clear consistent winners..Why doesnt the OEMs take note of it and take the competition by its horn ??
Old 5th April 2013, 10:47   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
So dispatch numbers and stockyard pile-ups add up to monthly sales figures? That can be manipulated by any company if they want to hike up sales figures. Sounds illogical to me.
Mate, the numbers that are showcased in these reports every month are wholesale figures - i.e the no. of cars shipped out of the manufacturing unit to the dealerships. These numbers will have to be submitted and proven to SIAM. So, as per these numbers, yes, dealerships' stockyard pile ups will be considered too. But you have to consider it from a bigger frame of reference, (for ex: a YoY basis), wherein the stockyard conditions will be piling up and emptying themselves out and turn out into something of an essential singularity.

If you need the retail sales data, i.e the actual no of vehicles sold to customers, you'll have to have a very close frnd at the manufacturers

Last edited by Carb : 5th April 2013 at 10:49.
Old 5th April 2013, 12:30   #69
BHPian

Sigh! A long wait ended, GTO, thanks a lot for the report as usual.
Never thought the Volkswagen finance will help vento so much, astonished to see the rise in Vento sales. But Renault is still above Volkswagen for the past couple of months. A late entrant beating the sales of a global topper! Volkswagen speed up the UP and Taigun plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Lots of people thinks that Amaze will affect Dzire sales. Many cars came but didn't fight with Maruti's successful products. Eon came but couldn't fight with Alto. Liva, Figo, Polo etc all came but Swift is doing very well as usual. Similarly after Amaze is launched, Dzire will not be affected that much. Others like Etios, Verito, Verna, their own City etc will get affected more. Lets see how it goes God bless competition.
But friends, it's Honda this time, personally i would prefer a Honda over Suzuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb View Post
Mate, the numbers that are showcased in these reports every month are wholesale figures - i.e the no. of cars shipped out of the manufacturing unit to the dealerships. These numbers will have to be submitted and proven to SIAM.
I second subratasenn in this. Accept to an extend that the number of cars shipped can be counted, but what if a majority is send back(or still kept at the dealer yard) saying defective and again getting shipped the next month ?
Old 5th April 2013, 12:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lots of people thinks that Amaze will affect Dzire sales. Many cars came but didn't fight with Maruti's successful products. Eon came but couldn't fight with Alto. Liva, Figo, Polo etc all came but Swift is doing very well as usual. Similarly after Amaze is launched, Dzire will not be affected that much. Others like Etios, Verito, Verna, their own City etc will get affected more. Lets see how it goes God bless competition.
I agree with you, but Amaze has a lot of potential to challenge DZire, IMO.
Old 5th April 2013, 13:26   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Sigh! A long wait ended, GTO, thanks a lot for the report as usual.
Never thought the Volkswagen finance will help vento so much, astonished to see the rise in Vento sales. But Renault is still above Volkswagen for the past couple of months. A late entrant beating the sales of a global topper! Volkswagen speed up the UP and Taigun plans!

But friends, it's Honda this time, personally i would prefer a Honda over Suzuki!

I second subratasenn in this. Accept to an extend that the number of cars shipped can be counted, but what if a majority is send back(or still kept at the dealer yard) saying defective and again getting shipped the next month ?
Once again, these sales figures are primary sales, i.e. from the company end to the dealer. if some are shipped back from dealer to the company for whatever reason, they will be deducted from the next month's dispatch figure!

Primary sales is fairly reliable indicator over time, as companies have no special interest in loading the inventory at the dealer end without the matching sales offtake. If offtake does not happen, huge discounts have to be offered to clear up the inventory, esp when 2012 cars are still stuck at the dealer end while april 2013 has begun!
Old 5th April 2013, 15:12   #72
BHPian

Thanks GTO! I was awaiting this from March 1st and visiting TEAM BHP site twice a day. Nice and complete analysis. Thanks again..
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 19:57   #73
BHPian

I had to restrain myself from posting a one-liner: "TA TA, bye bye!" I have personally given up on TATA few years ago. :(

Maruti is definitely the 800 pound gorilla in Indian Auto market. Amaze will only take a small chunk out of Maruti's share due to the limited production capacity (compared with Maruti) but personally speaking, I would love to see Amaze rise up to the occasion!
Old 5th April 2013, 20:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

I dont think or believe that they would be looking at de-throning the Dzire to begin with , what they would be hoping for is a significant enough ( basis their own targets etc) part of the pie to come to them and get some good volumes going for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
With the total production capacity of Honda being 10k cars, Amaze is unlikely to dethrone Dzire in the near future.
Old 5th April 2013, 20:34   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even I have the same opinion. With 400 liters of boot space, good power, better fuel efficiency, acceptable back seat space and honda's reliability there is every chance that Amaze can pull prospective sedan customers from once segment higher. Dzire may still hold its position.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks