Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2014, 11:52   #496
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

I fail to understand why auto manufactures in India have to name their vehicle "RS" without tweaking its performance? Do they think the word RS is going to attract a customer and why cant they name with any other unique words for differentiation from their usual line up? Adding a side skirt alone is not going to make a vehicle to be termed as RS.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 12:44   #497
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I fail to understand why auto manufactures in India have to name their vehicle "RS" without tweaking its performance?

Adding a side skirt alone is not going to make a vehicle to be termed as RS.
Lol, out there, the public loves F&F series (Fast and Furious movie) who think that side skirts + body moulding + cloth hanger makes the car go F.A.S.T.

They do drive these 'modified' cars in the same way as seen in the F&F series so Honda giving the Mobilio the RS tag is going to do some good anyway.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 17:15   #498
Senior - BHPian

If Honda is putting 1.5 L Petrol engine from City to Mobilio, then i am sure it will be costly affair. Base model will start from 8 + Lcas OTR. If that is the case, then suddenly Ertiga becomes great VFM as Ertiga Zxi costs 8.5 OTR which has many features with better interiors. With such pricing i guess it will be in competition with Innova mainly more than Ertiga. Let's see
Old 5th July 2014, 13:10   #499
Senior - BHPian

Right now watching the OD show on CNBC TV18. Below are the comments/observations
  • Claimed FE for iDTEC 24.2 kmpl
  • Mobilio NVH are between that of Amaze and City
  • Tyre noise is less, however due to low insulation, even the smallest pebbles hitting the wheel well could be heard inside the cabin
  • Mobilio is a smooth ride even on bad surfaces
  • Lot more car like to drive
  • Stable on highways, composed on turns
  • Launch will be on 23rd July
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 13:42   #500
BHPian

Technical Specifications of Honda Mobilio Revealed.

Quote:
Honda Mobilio diesel
The same 1.5-litre i-DTEC motor which has been propelling the Amaze and the City to success powers the Mobilio too. The turbocharged motor pumps out 100 PS and 200 Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The diesel motor which is known for its frugal nature delivers an impressive ARAI rated fuel economy of 24.2 km/l, making it India’s most fuel efficient MPV. It beats the Ertiga’s record of 20.77 km/l.

The Mobilio diesel weighs between 1,214 kg – 1,245 kg depending on the variant. The diesel version has a turning radius of 5.4 m.

Honda Mobilio petrol
The 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol engine has been borrowed from the new City. The power and torque output stands at 119 PS and 145 Nm. As of now, only a 5-speed manual gearbox is on offer but Honda has told Indian Autos Blog that automatic transmission would be augmented if there is enough demand, since the technology is already available in the new City, in the form of a 7-speed stepped CVT.

The petrol motor returns an ARAI certified mileage of 17.3 km/l, beating the Ertiga’s mileage of 16.02 km/l.

The petrol engined Mobilio weighs in the range of 1,131 – 1,160 kg and has a turning radius of 5.2 m.

Honda Mobilio Dimensions
The compact MPV measures 4,386 mm in length, 1,683 in width and 1,603 in height. The wheelbase and ground clearance stand at 2,652 mm and 189 mm respectively. The Mobilio has a fuel tank capacity of 42 litre and all the variants come shod with 185/65 – R15 tyres.

The MPV is available in six exterior color options – Taffeta While, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Urban Titanium Metallic, Carnelian Red Pearl and Majestic Blue Metallic.

Comparo::

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-picsart_1404548128286.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-picsart_1404548119413.jpg
IAB

Last edited by GTO : 9th July 2014 at 14:34. Reason: Correcting source link :)
KING DYSP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 13:50   #501
Senior - BHPian

Mods request you to merge this post of mine with the previous one. Could not edit it, as it was out of the 30 mins window.

I also watched the CNBC Awaz version of OD. Below are the comments/observations:
  • Very good ground clearance - 189mm
  • Road and bonnet visibility is better than the Ertiga
  • Steering also seems to be better than the Ertiga, you do not feel the vehicle weight at the steering.
  • Second row AC has 2 condenser cooling coils
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 14:16   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the embargo is over, and comprehensive reviews are coming out.

IAB:

Quote:
“An inexpensive car that will carry 7 people in comfort and offer low running costs”, summarizes the Mobilio in a sentence.

The overall package of the Mobilio is sensible, which is what customers in this segment could ideally want. The Mobilio, we think, is the second winning launch for Honda in 2014.

ACI:

Quote:
Prices haven’t been announced, but Honda is likely to price the Mobilio around Rs 70,000-80,000 higher than the Ertiga. Can this premium be justified? For many, the smart looks, especially from the side and rear, will be reason enough. The spacious and airy cabin, decent luggage space, strong engines and well-sorted dynamics can only add to its appeal.

Yes, there are flaws, like the basic dashboard design and a rearmost seat that isn’t as comfy as we expected, but none of these are really deal breakers. What will make you sign that cheque is the fact that the Mobilio is not just a practical and capable people mover. It feels like a proper family car and has an upmarket look that sets it apart from the others.

Rushlane: (with a TON of pics)

Quote:
Honda Mobilio comes with best in class mileage, best in class ground clearance and the lowest cost of ownership in the segment. It is also the best driver’s car in the segment. Much depends on how Honda prices the Mobilio in India. If they can manage to achieve similar aggressive pricing as seen in the Amaze and City, Mobilio is sure to hit some serious dent in the sales of Ertiga and Innova (to some extent).

MotorBeam:

Quote:
The Honda Mobilio is a well rounded MPV but it is made to a price and that’s evident on certain fronts. For instance, there is little change in dashboard design compared to the Brio/Amaze and all of this has been done to keep costs in check. Even a 6-speed gearbox (seen on the City), which would make the diesel Mobilio even more efficient has been ditched in favour of the cost effective 5-speed unit found on the Amaze. Equipment levels could have been more generous considering its key rival, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga will remain cheaper while offering a host of added features. Still, these things aren’t something of a big concern for MPV buyers, who want an easy to drive car with surefooted dynamics. The Honda Mobilio makes for a spacious and practical 7-seater MPV with frugal and powerful engines on offer, it’s destined to be a big hit in our value conscious market.

Waiting eagerly for our official Team-BHP review now!
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 15:39   #503
BANNED

Just noticed one thing in the comparo sheets attached by KING DYSP:
  • The Mobilio is longer than the Ertiga by 121mm;

• The Mobilio is shorter (wheelbase) than the Ertiga by 88mm;

• The Mobilio is narrower than the Ertiga by 12mm;

• The Mobilio is shorter than the Ertiga by 82mm.

I am not getting the Innova in between now.

Now if Honda claims better interior space than Ertiga then this is called "Packaging". Something that manufacturers should learn.

Way to go Honda!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 16:59   #504
BHPian

Looks like mobilio won't come with turn indicators on ORVMs, though I don't understand why, given Amaze has it.
All reviews rightly point that certain design elements make mobilio a looker. Plus space is honda's biggest USP.
Old 5th July 2014, 17:07   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Brochure scans and presentation have been leaked by Rushlane.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation34.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation31.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation32.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation30.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation33.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation5.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation6.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation7.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation10.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliopresentation29.jpg

Source (and more details) - Rushlane
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 17:43   #506
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Brochure scans and presentation have been leaked by Rushlane.
The last picture compares the maintenence of Mobilio with its prospective "Competitor".

Competitor A: - Ertiga
Competitor B: - Innova

The petrol comparison doesn't have competitor B.

Am I right?

Anurag.
Old 5th July 2014, 19:48   #507
Team-BHP Support

ACI Video Review.

Last edited by ampere : 5th July 2014 at 19:49.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 20:34   #508
BHPian

Judging by the ACI review, and given Renuka Kriplani is rather short (~5'1" AFAIK) & small built, I don't think the Mobilio is going to seem sufficiently spacious to me. Anyway.

My take on both Petrol & Diesel getting a 5-Speed Gearbox remains the same :
  • Honda risks botching up the gear ratio's. Something I'll probably prefer to check by driving it myself.
  • Even the petrol engine will need sound dampening - which I don't think Honda will be generous enough to provide. There seems to be no mention of that in the ACI review too.
If at all I choose to consider it as a contender, it needs to be priced at par with the Ertiga. If Honda chooses a premium price tag, then its going to be struck off my list. Can't be bothered to get in a situation where I'd be tempted to 'make it worth' by resorting to mileage runs or consoling myself that Honda is a superior product/brand!
Old 5th July 2014, 21:47   #509
BHPian

It is very disappointing - looks like they aren't releasing the automatic version. Any news on that? Also has anyone paid the advance that they were said to be collecting?
Old 5th July 2014, 23:05   #510
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea why there is a difference in the turning radius of the petrol and diesel version of the Mobilio?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks