Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2014, 20:53   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Teaser Pictures from Phoenix Market City Kurla Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think I understand @anurag's question. I don't think it would have fouled with the boot door. This (RED one) may NOT be the exact shape, but it should be close. And I believe the boot is completely open in the pic.

The clearance should actually be a bit more as I have used the bottom to project the shape.

Attachment 1256369

Image copy right - respective owner.
Even this pic below from Honda's India website gives a hint that in all possibilities the Antenna is bent and ideally should be as good as this:
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 08:42   #467
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The antenna in the pic has the top half forcefully bent.
Quote:

I think I understand @anurag's question. I don't think it would have fouled with the boot door. This (RED one) may NOT be the exact shape, but it should be close.
Thanks SnF.

Apologies though, may be I am looking at the image and visualising a bit too much more than required hence the doubt arose. Thanks both of you btw.

@MODS: When is the official review expected to be out?

Anurag.
Old 1st July 2014, 10:31   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Even this pic below from Honda's India website gives a hint that in all possibilities the Antenna is bent and ideally should be as good as this:...
It does look bent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
...Apologies though, may be I am looking at the image and visualising a bit too much more than required hence the doubt arose. Thanks both of you btw....
Well, we as a bunch are supposed to have keen eyes.

Between, the RS(?) version pics that I saw in the previous page might have a problem fouling with the antenna though. The spoiler is a bit big and might end up touching the antenna when the boot is opened up. But since India may NOT get this, we need NOT worry.

Image copyright - respective owner(s).
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobiliorsrearthreequarterindonesialaunch1024x682.jpg

Any bhp'ian getting to see the car, please check and provide us a pic of the boot door completely opened and the antenna relative to that position, please!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st July 2014 at 10:35. Reason: Added image
Old 1st July 2014, 10:35   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It does look bent!
Indeed but not as much bent as what we see in the Display car and not bent towards the tail gate but rather away from it such that opening the boot door would not interfere with the antenna's position.

The Pic posted was only to show that in reality operating the boot door will most likely not bother that antenna.
Old 1st July 2014, 10:46   #470
BANNED

Quote:
It should be straight. The antenna in the pic has the top half forcefully bent.
Quote:
It does look bent!
Quote:
The Pic posted was only to show that in reality operating the boot door will most likely not bother that antenna.
Just tried surfing around and found two images with the boot lid open.

I was wrong. The antenna is not touching the boot lid but as rightly pointed by Viddy it was bent intentionally or due to the cover. Whatever be the reason it does give a bad image to customer as there would be someone like who will think that it is wrongly engineered.

See the two images:

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-217690_1.jpg
SOURCE: http://carnews.beforward.jp/searchs/...ry_sub=library

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_3132.jpg
SOURCE: Honda @ Auto Expo 2014 thread on Team-BHP

Since the issue is clear, I rest my case. Thanks Viddy, SnF and Parag.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st July 2014 at 10:48. Reason: Adding a Quote
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 12:11   #471
BHPian

As per some tweets Honda is having a Mobilio media drive today at Nashik. So a team BHP review should be coming soon unless there is no Moratorium
Old 1st July 2014, 14:59   #472
BHPian

Quote:
The antenna is supposed to be straight. Someone has forcefully bent it causing it to fowl with boot door. I think the car was under some cover which did not have a groove for the antenna causing the antenna to bend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The other possibility that I see is that the antenna got bent a bit only when the boot lid was opened fully causing the top part to touch the antenna. Hope you get what I mean.
Quote:
Even this pic below from Honda's India website gives a hint that in all possibilities the Antenna is bent and ideally should be as good as this:
Hey All,
It's just a case of ill-fitted car cover! Same is the case for my Eon as well. The car cover hasn't got any provision to allow height of antenna. Hence when you have covers on for long time time. Antenna tends to bend.
zalaps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 19:51   #473
BHPian

Honda launching Mobilio on 23rd July.

Update::

Honda launching Mobilio on 23rd July tweeted Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor-Autocar India.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-brdusw0cmaevvpu.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-brduqwbcyaaaapg.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-brdukx3ceaebc9k.jpg
Image Source:: Hormazd Sorabjee Twitter page

Regards.

Last edited by KING DYSP : 1st July 2014 at 20:17. Reason: Pics added
KING DYSP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 20:06   #474
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda launching Mobilio on 7th July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Update::

Edit: Honda launching Mobilio on 23rd July tweeted Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor-Autocar India.

So looks like the long wait is finally coming to an end.

With so many details already known about the car, the biggest suspense is going to be the launch price ! Awaiting, or rather hoping for a killer pricing from Honda.
Old 1st July 2014, 21:17   #475
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Saw a few tweets from some journos. The drive is taking place in Nashik & there is an embargo till the 5th.
And its the RS version in the pics posted above.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 10:35   #476
BHPian

Posting the snapshot of a tweet by a journo friend. According to him the RS version is coming too. Maybe the Mods can clarify this further.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-imageuploadedbyteambhp1404277485.958693.jpg

Cheers
Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
RohanDheman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:07   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Posting the snapshot of a tweet by a journo friend. According to him the RS version is coming too. Maybe the Mods can clarify this further.

Attachment 1256868

Cheers
Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Autocar has also confirmed the Mobilio RS trim launch

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nt-388943.aspx

RS variant gets a sportier look with aggressively styled front and rear bumpers, larger air dams, a new, sportier chrome grille, new headlights with High Intensity Discharge (HID) projector lights and LED accents, black-and-chrome 15-inch alloy wheels, chrome exhausts and a spoiler at the back.

6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a reversing camera and a pair of tweeters to add to the audio system's speaker count.

Would be interesting to see the premium Honda would be charging for all this.
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:26   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's 2nd TVC for the Mobilio, again featuring Kapil Sharma, this time with a netaji (politician).

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:39   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Autocar has also confirmed the Mobilio RS trim launch

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nt-388943.aspx

RS variant gets a sportier look with aggressively styled front and rear bumpers, larger air dams, a new, sportier chrome grille, new headlights with High Intensity Discharge (HID) projector lights and LED accents, black-and-chrome 15-inch alloy wheels, chrome exhausts and a spoiler at the back.

6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a reversing camera and a pair of tweeters to add to the audio system's speaker count.

Thank you for sharing the news of the Mobilio RS trim launch. I hope they launch it at the same time as the regular version. No doubts, with the High Intensity Discharge (HID) projector lights and LED accents, black-and-chrome 15-inch alloy wheels, the RS version will be a looker. If they price it under the VX trim of the new Honda City, then it will fly off the shelves in no time. Would Honda price it so aggressively, we will have to wait till 23rd July.

I am getting a feeling Honda is having a winner in its hands.
Old 2nd July 2014, 14:47   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Expect a premium of about 50-55K over the top Mobilio variant, for the RS.

Any higher and Honda might shoot themselves on the foot, because it is after all based on the Brio platform and shares similarities with the Brio & the Amaze.

And yes, I agree with RSR, swiftnfurious & damager21 that they should advertise these cars as "5+2" seaters, and not 7-seaters per se.

Like Vidyut said, a duly classified proper 7-seater car is practically non-existent today. Almost all of the big, butch SUVs and MPVs don't have enough space in the last 2 seats for two full grown adults to travel in full comfort and peace.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks