Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2014, 14:39   #346
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

Some more pictures from the official website

Seat Height Adjuster
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-seat-height-adjuster.jpg

Navigation
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-navigation.jpg

Steering Mounted Audio Controls

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-steering-mounted-audio-controls.jpg

Window Control

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-window-control.jpg

Full Tumble up

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-full-tumble-up.jpg

Rear AC Vents

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-rear-ac-vents.jpg

Reclining Seat

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-reclining-seat.jpg

Bottle Holder in Door Pocket

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-bottle-holder-door-pocket.jpg

Sliding Seat

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-sliding-seat.jpg

Flat Bed

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-flat-bed.jpg

Third Row
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-third-row.jpg

Luggage Space
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-luggage-space.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 22:46   #347
BHPian

Last Tuesday saw the mobilio at linkway Honda goregaon west , there was a shoot for the MUV , Kapil Sharma was there for the shoot. The vehicle was taken away that night itself.
Old 14th June 2014, 23:45   #348
Senior - BHPian

I believe Honda has now removed all the pictures that I had posted above official Mobilio website. These are no longer available at there now. Could these be some teaser images, on lines similar to what Ford did for the Ecosport? Any NCR guys were able to catch some glimpses of the Mobilio to be displayed at Shipra mall, Ghaziabad?
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 10:33   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Any NCR guys were able to catch some glimpses of the Mobilio to be displayed at Shipra mall, Ghaziabad?
Just footsteps away .Will be going today in the noon .Shall update.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 10:56   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like an attractive package now. Main reasons are the tumble up seats and the bigger engine which will benefit in driveablity. The tumble up seats mean easy ingress/egress into third row, and also better boot space in the third row without having to keep luggage on the folded seats as in the case of the ertiga. If priced along with ertiga without the premium I will go ahead and buy one. If there is a premium indeed, then we will have to think again.
Old 15th June 2014, 11:34   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Just footsteps away .Will be going today in the noon .Shall update.
That is simply great sinharishi. Make sure you carry a good quality camera with you. Most importantly please do not forget to take the pictures of the gear knob of the i-DTec variant. Whether the diesel variant will have a 5_speed or 6-speed gear box is still a million dollar question. Hope you can be the first one to crack this puzzle. All the best.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 11:36   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Steering Mounted Audio Controls[/b]
Attachment 1249971[b]

Do I see a slightly more premium looking dashboard ? Hope its not for the top end version only.

The seat height adjuster is actually needed for the 3rd row seats . Looks pretty low set indeed, going by the close up shots shown.

With mall displays happening until August, looks like deliveries will begin from September 2014 only.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 12:07   #353
BHPian

Quote:
I believe Honda has now removed all the pictures that I had posted above official Mobilio website. These are no longer available at there now. Could these be some teaser images, on lines similar to what Ford did for the Ecosport? Any NCR guys were able to catch some glimpses of the Mobilio to be displayed at Shipra mall, Ghaziabad?
They have a 360 view of the interior in which they are showing standard Amaze dashboard.

Name:  Honda Mobilio interior.png
Views: 7655
Size:  616.6 KB

Interestingly in the early pics which are emerging, the dashboard seems to be carrying the navigation screen.
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio1.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio2.jpg
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio3.jpg
Name:  Mobilio4.png
Views: 4041
Size:  723.1 KB

Pics courtsey - Rushlane.com, MotorTrend.in
damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 14:57   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Most importantly please do not forget to take the pictures of the gear knob of the i-DTec variant. Whether the diesel variant will have a 5_speed or 6-speed gear box is still a million dollar question. Hope you can be the first one to crack this puzzle
The model on display was the top end i-vtec. Upon asking about the diesel variant, honda representatives told me you will have to wait till July end for the specifications to be out.

The Honda representatives had no idea neither about the diesel nor about the petrol.No knowledge about the specification of the petrol model on display.They said car has top speed of 180 Km/h, will come with 4 Gears

The prices are expected to start from 6 Lakhs for the petrol to 10 Lakhs top end for the Diesel. Honda representatives were not well informed about the vehicle.

On the MUV:These are my personal opinions on the MUV.

- The front looks identical to the Amaze and Brio. The fog lamp housing gives it a sporting look.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-1.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondaamazesedan01.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondabrio01.jpg

- The sheet metal is light.Seats are thin, one can feel the knees of the passenger sitting back rubbing against the seat.The middle row seats can be tumbled up.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-altahoad0tvj3wp9h9odof9hk4ajqsz8rnwtkq5cgx18zxf.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-wp_000329.jpg

- I was told that the roof mounted vents are just blowers, Mobilio has 3 blowers. Ertiga has 4 blowers along with condenser and coil.

(From vid6639 Ertiga review):
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-marutiertiga40.jpg

- The MUV sits a bit low as compared to Ertiga.

- The car on display was the top end and it did not have ORVMs mounted indicators while the one that was displayed at the Auto expo had ORVMs mounted indicators.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-3.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-img_3099.jpg

- The dash is again identical to the Amaze and Brio, so is the quality. It has touch screen infotainment system with USB slot in the Glove box.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-wp_000331.jpg

- The boot is impressive.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-wp_000330.jpg

- I am 5'11 and I sat down in the 3rd row. The under thigh support was bad. The last row seats comes with recline adjustment. The seats are low.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-altaiucuse007p597sj0f1t1hbcqocxexxdvoqt6_hkr.jpg

- The petrol engine has damping. No underneath engine protection.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-98.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-altahpnjff2fkn6vttyu8avym44umv8qz9k3tlajfkh6qt.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 15th June 2014 at 14:59.
sinharishi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 17:46   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They said car has top speed of 180 Km/h, will come with 4 Gears
The prices are expected to start from 6 Lakhs for the petrol to 10 Lakhs top end for the Diesel. Honda representatives were not well informed about the vehicle.- The sheet metal is light.Seats are thin, one can feel the knees of the passenger sitting back rubbing against the seat.The middle row seats can be tumbled up.
- I was told that the roof mounted vents are just blowers, Mobilio has 3 blowers. Ertiga has 4 blowers along with condenser and coil.
- The car on display was the top end and it did not have ORVMs mounted indicators while the one that was displayed at the Auto expo had ORVMs mounted indicators.
- The dash is again identical to the Amaze and Brio, so is the quality. It has touch screen infotainment system with USB slot in the Glove box.
- The boot is impressive.

- I am 5'11 and I sat down in the 3rd row. The under thigh support was bad. The last row seats comes with recline adjustment. The seats are low.

- The petrol engine has damping. No underneath engine protection.
I am terribly disappointed with the Mobilio.

4 speed gear box in an era of 6 speed
Mere blowers and not cooling coils at the rear. This would be a dud even in cold countries like Russia. Pathetic 3rd row seating and low height would not help either. the only icing seems to be the maps/infotainment using compared to Ertiga.

I think I will move away from the Mobilio.
Old 15th June 2014, 18:07   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Mere blowers and not cooling coils at the rear. This would be a dud even in cold countries like Russia. Pathetic 3rd row seating and low height would not help either. the only icing seems to be the maps/infotainment using compared to Ertiga.

scorpio,

Better wait till the car hit the showrooms. Have a look and then decide, and we will have all the information about the deisel specification by then.

Honda will surely not put a 4 speed on the MUV

The Honda representatives had very little knowledge about the vehicle.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 18:13   #357
BANNED

Quote:
So this means that the car will feel very strained (High NVH) due to a 4-speed gearbox. Not a good move.

Quote:
Mere blowers and not cooling coils at the rear.
Cost cutting I must say!

Quote:
the only icing seems to be the maps/infotainment using compared to Ertiga.
Not a big deal buddy, can be retrofit just after delivery so I don't feel it is an icing on the cake for the Mobilio.

Quote:
Many customer may move away seeing the VFM and dashboard looks.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 18:20   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Mere blowers and not cooling coils at the rear.
C'mon mate, I will assure you both arent true going by the fact that its coming from a salesguy who has come to know about the car later than we at TBHP did.

If it was a mere blower, it would have been much more compact and not like what it is currently looking like. And 4 speed gearbox is pure BS. Maybe six speed can be an optimistic thought, but 4 speed auto itself is outdated in hondas books, forget 4 speed manual.

The real advantage in the Ertiga as I said before is its seating and the choice of engines. Though the engine may be tuned to 90bhp in the diesel version, but still this one will have a better low end grunt compared to the ertiga, which is necessary for a people mover, if not for a hatchback.

Last edited by audioholic : 15th June 2014 at 18:23.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 20:00   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
C'mon mate, I will assure you both arent true going by the fact that its coming from a salesguy who has come to know about the car later than we at TBHP did.

If it was a mere blower, it would have been much more compact and not like what it is currently looking like. And 4 speed gearbox is pure BS. Maybe six speed can be an optimistic thought, but 4 speed auto itself is outdated in hondas books, forget 4 speed manual.

The real advantage in the Ertiga as I said before is its seating and the choice of engines. Though the engine may be tuned to 90bhp in the diesel version, but still this one will have a better low end grunt compared to the ertiga, which is necessary for a people mover, if not for a hatchback.
Hello freinds.
First of all thanks for the pictures. The interiors are as expected.
I'm about 99% sure that honda would be putting the same gear box as Amaze. Its all about Product positioning. If it comes with 6 Forward gears then City will immediate loose interest amoung the buyers.
What appeals me about Mobilio is its 185mm ground clearance. Else Honda cars are known for poor ground clearance.
Even I'm in a fix. Wait for Mobilio or book a City SV i-dtech variant right now and take a delivery.
Another issue pinches with HONDA cars is there blizzare service schedule for diesel cars : 10000kms or 6 months whichever is earlier.
I really do not understand why Honda kept 6 months as the service periods for diesel cars.
None of the diesel car has such a tight schedule. Does this show Honda's poor confidence in their engine ?

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 15th June 2014 at 20:02.
Old 15th June 2014, 20:29   #360
BHPian

Quote:
The model on display was the top end i-vtec. Upon asking about the diesel variant, honda representatives told me you will have to wait till July end for the specifications to be out.

The Honda representatives had no idea neither about the diesel nor about the petrol.No knowledge about the specification of the petrol model on display.They said car has top speed of 180 Km/h, will come with 4 Gears

The prices are expected to start from 6 Lakhs for the petrol to 10 Lakhs top end for the Diesel. Honda representatives were not well informed about the vehicle.
It is no surprise that the Honda reps did not have all the details because this was not a launch event. This is just a promotional event to generate interest and curiosity. You will recall that when Ford did the same thing with EcoSport, the reps then also had limited knowledge.

Today's visit would have given you a feel of the car in terms of its size and presence. The actual specifications in the top variant will be known only during launch.

I think Mobilio is a worthy competitor to Ertiga, not to Innova which seems to be in a different class in terms of space, comfort and fit & finish. Overall I think Honda has done a good job to come up with 3 cars based on one platform which looks the same but still is distinct from each other.
damager21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks