Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 23:08   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29

If Honda is giving a six speed transmission along with the diesel and working on the interiors to make it a bit premium compared to the Amaze, they have a good reason to charge a premium. But in its current expected offering, its not worth it. For the petrol too, the iVtec will be loads better than the ertiga petrol if it comes in the same tune as of the city.

One aspect that hasn't been spoken much about is the dent on the sales of the City and Amaze after the mobilio is launched. I bet the numbers of both city and amaze will get transferred to the Mobilio. Except for the technologically advanced city, the mobilio will be convincing enough when it comes to space, practicality and economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

All this is being done in a virtual gamble. To increase this gamble, Autocar is playing a main role by these silly "exclusive drives" by going to other countries. Suspense!

Anurag.
Autocar these days does just what other smalltime automotive sites do - Lift content from TBHP or some other website and post in FB as if it were their own information. When the recent pictures of the mobilio posted on our forum, minutes later I see on my news feed that ACI posted -See undisguised pics of the mobilio first on Autocar" They conveniently removed the TBHP watermark and put their own too.
Old 9th June 2014, 23:56   #332
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If Honda is giving a six speed transmission along with the diesel and working on the interiors to make it a bit premium compared to the Amaze, they have a good reason to charge a premium. But in its current expected offering, its not worth it.
Speculation and shooting arrows in dark is all we can do now till something clear comes out where it can be believed. AFAIK, I know them the Amaze interiors will be carried over with nothing substantial done to 'wow' the customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Autocar these days does just what other smalltime automotive sites do - Lift content from TBHP or some other website and post in FB as if it were their own information.
That is cheap tricks to be "the first to show and reveal category!"

Anurag.
Old 12th June 2014, 01:38   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

The Honda Mobilio has reached the dealerships, as spotted by the guys at Motorbeam via an exclusive scoop. They also report that dealer training has commenced, with the launch in July 2014 looming ahead.

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobilioservicecentre.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobilioservicecentredealertraining.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobilioservicecentrefront.jpg

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-hondamobilioservicecentrerear.jpg

SOURCE - http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/honda-...rvice-centres/
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 08:25   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Honda Mobilio has reached the dealerships, as spotted by the guys at Motorbeam via an exclusive scoop.

SOURCE - http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/honda-...rvice-centres/
Thank you for sharing this RavenAvi. As per the news item reported in this article

"Powering the Mobilio is the 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine from the City and Amaze that produces 100 PS of power and 200 Nm of torque, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission."

They are saying it with some authority that the i-DTEC Mobilio will sport a 6 speed transmission. Now how authentic is that? Can the existing Honda customers take a sneak peek at the Mobilio when they visit the showrooms and take some pictures of the gear lever to confirm, whether it is indeed a six speeder like the City?
Old 12th June 2014, 09:28   #335
Senior - BHPian

Friends I have one query. We have numerous threads on the upcoming car launches in India in the Indian Car Scene forum. Just to name a few, Bolt, Zest, Scorpio facelift, etc. Many TBHPians have spotted the camouflaged test mules of these cars in various parts of the country, being thoroughly tested. However no one has been able to spot the Mobilio ever being tested on Indian roads and Indian conditions. Is Honda so confident about its product that it can skip testing on Indian roads or is it using the thorough road testing in Indonesia and applying those results here in India. This approach though a time and effort saver won't be the best in terms of consumer interest.

We all are aware that on similar lines the new Honda City was rarely spotted on Indian roads before it was launched. Not sure if it was thoroughly tested on Indian roads. Result, the grinding noise from the idler pulley and belt, which many petrol City owners have reported on this very forum. Fortunately diesel City owners haven't reported any such issues till now. This has also marred the new car ownership experience of a couple of members and Honda doesn't seem to be doing enough to fix this issue proactively, a la recall.

I might be completely wrong in the above assumptions, but then wanted to throw open this debate. Is Honda rushing with its product launches? Are they thoroughly testing their cars and its components? Is quality being compromised for volumes? Many such questions to be answered.
Old 12th June 2014, 11:25   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
However no one has been able to spot the Mobilio ever being tested on Indian roads and Indian conditions.
There were some photos of Mobilio spotted on road that was posted in this same thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3445177
Old 12th June 2014, 11:53   #337
Senior - BHPian

When Mobilio, Ertiga and Innova are compared; IMO,

Ertiga has the attractive front face
Mobilio has the sportiest rear
Ertiga has the most balanced look from side
Innova has the maximum space inside
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-ertiga.jpg  

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-innova.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th June 2014 at 11:57.
romeomidhun is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 12:01   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
When Mobilio, Ertiga and Innova are compared; IMO,

Ertiga has the attractive front face
Mobilio has the sportiest rear
Ertiga has the most balanced look from side
Innova has the maximum space inside
Perhaps someone who has access to the Mobilio first hand can help us with rating it 1/2/3 on all these parameters compared to the other vehicles in similar utility bracket and price bracket.

My opinion would be to not compare this with the Innova considering the huge chasm of money that comes in between the two.
Old 12th June 2014, 13:17   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
There were some photos of Mobilio spotted on road that was posted in this same thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3445177
Thank you Rajesh for pointing to those pictures. I had seen those earlier. However unfortunately these are the only pictures available not just on TBHP but other online forums as well. Also if you observe, these are the pictures of the cars to be loaded or unloaded from a truck. These are not test mules with any kind of testing equipment on them. Hence I have a feeling that Honda has not extensively tested the Mobilio on Indian roads and neither was the City. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 13:54   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hence I have a feeling that Honda has not extensively tested the Mobilio on Indian roads and neither was the City. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

@AutoIndian, maybe your assumption is true.

However, Honda has prepared test tracks in Japan to replicate bad road conditions:

http://motortradesinsight.co.uk/article_page.asp?id=272

So, hopefully, they would have done extensive testing on the test track for the Mobilio as well.
Old 12th June 2014, 15:39   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@AutoIndian, maybe your assumption is true.

However, Honda has prepared test tracks in Japan to replicate bad road conditions:

http://motortradesinsight.co.uk/article_page.asp?id=272

So, hopefully, they would have done extensive testing on the test track for the Mobilio as well.
Thank you for sharing the above link Mooza. However if you closely read it, it mentions, "It has recreated a UK road at its Takasu base in Hokkaido, Japan. The 6.8km track is so realistic, it even has British road signs."

So this test track has been specially developed to test the cars for UK market. As per my understanding UK is not the target market for the Mobilio.

Moreover if you look at the initial test drive reports of the Mobilio, the Indian Auto media (including TBHP) were invited to the Twin Ring, Motegi circuit, which obviously didn't resemble Indian road conditions by any angle. So actual road testing of the Mobilio still remains a big question mark at least for me.
Old 12th June 2014, 15:55   #342
Senior - BHPian

IMO No testing has been done because they aren't interested in changing anything. If its ill prepared for Indian roads, so be it. They won't take responsibility & damages will be claimed to be due to driver error.

And what's SO great about a test track? It can be easily built on small piece of land near their factory. (About the part in bold - what difference does it make if there are British road signs!? And ofcourse Indian conditions are WAY worse).

As far as I can tell, they won't even care to give the 118bhp 1.5iVtec a 6 Speed transmission. It'll be the 5 speed tranny, of which I just hope they don't botch up the Gear Ratio's.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 16:38   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
, of which I just hope they don't botch up the Gear Ratio's.
May be they will, May be they wont!

Remember that the Mobilio unlike the Amaze of the City is an MUV intended to pull the load of 7 adults.

When it comes to people mover, I don't think the buyers look for 0-60 or 0-100 timings and would rather be more dependable on the driveability aspect of the vehicle which can be the triumph card! What would matter most in such category of vehicles is the ability to cruise on those highways with ease and keep the passengers happy. So, expect tweaking in the suspension system as well though this is built on the Brio platform.

Remember what they did to the Ertiga by giving its transmission system shorter ratios to compensate for its Image as a people mover and the fact that it was powered with the same heart that duty on Hatchbacks and sedans.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 17:28   #344

"The launch of the Honda Mobilio is around the corner and the MPV has already reached the Honda International Training and Education centre in Noida. "

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio.jpg

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...--launch-.html

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th June 2014 at 12:32.
luxo_barge is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 13:56   #345
Senior - BHPian

Guys Honda seems to be slowly gearing up for the imminent Mobilio launch. The Honda Mobilio official website has been updated with the Mobilio mall display schedule in various cities. Reproducing below the schedule is some of the major Indian cities. As a matter of fact display in Delhi starts from today i.e. 14th June. NCR members please rush to Shipra Mall, Ghaziabad and click as many pictures as possible to give us the first hand impressions

https://www.hondacarindia.com/mobilio/win_mobilio.html

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-mall-display.jpg

Mobilio mall display - Pune
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-mall-display-pune.jpg

Mobilio mall display - Ahmedabad
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-mall-display-ahmedabad.jpg

Mobilio mall display - Chennai
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-mall-display-chennai.jpg

Mobilio mall display - Bangalore
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-mall-display-bangalore.jpg

Mobilio mall display - Kolkata
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-mall-display-kolkata.jpg

Mobilio mall display - Delhi and NCR
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-mall-display-delhi-ncr.jpg

Mobilio mall display - Mumbai
Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-mobilio-mall-display-mumbai.jpg

Edit: The 360 degrees view is also now available on the official website ----> https://www.hondacarindia.com/mobilio/interior.html#

The middle row seat is going to get the centre arm rest (a la Ertiga)

Honda Mobilio (Brio-based MPV) coming soon? EDIT: pre-launch ad on p29-middle-row-seat-centre-arm-rest.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 14th June 2014 at 14:08.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks