Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2014, 11:19   #406
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs

Check out a test drive, chassis has been tweaked significantly to reduce NVH & body roll .

Also two new engines in BS4 range are in development. TD 2000 & other TD 2650 cc engine. (TD = turbo diesel) I don't know yet power figure. Shall let the forum know. Also a new gear box is under development.

Both the engine & gearbox should be ready for market somewhere by March 2015.

Deliveries have started, close to some 80 vehicles sold last month & somewhere 100 to be sold this month.
007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 11:44   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Also two new engines in BS4 range are in development. TD 2000 & other TD 2650 cc engine. (TD = turbo diesel) I don't know yet power figure. Shall let the forum know. Also a new gear box is under development.

While all this is music to my (and any prospective Gurkha owner's) ears, I certainly hope these comments are based on hard facts. If you are just passing on what the dealer told you, be certain there is no basis to their claims.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:46   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
While all this is music to my (and any prospective Gurkha owner's) ears, I certainly hope these comments are based on hard facts. If you are just passing on what the dealer told you, be certain there is no basis to their claims.
I can understand your feelings.

If you have faith in my inputs, go with it as none come from any dealer. These come from straight from concerned people inside FML.

Shall update as i get more info.
007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 13:22   #409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Deliveries have started, close to some 80 vehicles sold last month & somewhere 100 to be sold this month.
Can anyone tuned into the Gurkha scene for years really believe these numbers?

BTW, I was thinking about the title of this thread, the 6.25L price tag. It is for the 2WD soft top Gurkha. Will anyone with a sane mind consider buying 2WD soft top Gurkha?
Old 16th October 2014, 13:35   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Maybe he just forgot to add 'And that's it' to the end of the sentence

But on a serious note, with proper handling by the company (marketing and A.S.S) the product should meet with at least average success. The vehicle seems quite decently put together. If what lies beneath is as per what various people have posted here, then there is no straight competition. You need lots of expensive and unreliable modifications on the Thar to make it a hard top 4X4 (x4, if you want!) vehicle with forward facing rear seats and adequate boot space.

Biggest negative is a taxi image for the brand
Old 16th October 2014, 16:27   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Check out a test drive, chassis has been tweaked significantly to reduce NVH & body roll .
There is definitely improvments in NVH and Body roll. It was quite silent inside and we could have normal conversation, unlike in my Thar DI.

Quote:
Both these are absolutely required for this vehicle to sell.

Quote:
I checked with chennai, coimbatore dealer and they have not sold any so far. I find this hard to believe. Mabye it includes the 150 send to Angola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Absolutely
Old 17th October 2014, 15:37   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Once I was done with my test drive there was a person directly from Force Motors there. I explained to him that anyone who buys a vehicle for 10 Lakhs on the road will have certain expectations. His reply to me was that according to top management, this vehicle has been designed only to be used off-road and hence they don't want to put powerful engine. He also told that diff locks will compensate for lack of power. .

Any ways, all I can tell you is that Force Motors has moved only an inch at a snails pace over the last three years. !!
Now I know what kind of people find employment in Force Motors and it reflects down into their products.
Old 17th October 2014, 16:40   #413
Senior - BHPian

Have they started airing the ads? I was searching something in youtube and saw it - the Gurkha 4X4X4.

Simple, straightforward nice ad.
Old 18th October 2014, 12:16   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Called my local Force Personal Vehicles dealer today to enquire about the Gurka.

The biggest flaw when compared to the Thar CRDe is the relatively underpowered engine. Force needs to bump up the output to about 114 bhp and 25 kgm Torque.
A quick question: What is the possibility of tweaking/remapping the engine after purchase and how effective will that be.

Quote:

So, do we wait for the new engine to come?
Old 20th October 2014, 11:31   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
What is the possibility of tweaking/remapping the engine after purchase and how effective will that be.
It is not a common rail engine, so you cannot really do a remap. However, the fuel pump is electronic (ECU Controlled) hence there maybe some way to do this provided you get the expertise. Aparently the same FD2650 engine use to have a 90+ bhp engine in the Travellerer, so you can try to bring up the engine to that spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
So, do we wait for the new engine to come?
Drive the current one and check it out and if you feel it is sufficient for you needs, then you don't have to wait. There will always be something better down the road and the wait never ends
Old 20th October 2014, 11:59   #416
Senior - BHPian

There is an AD for Force Gurkha today in Deccan Herald.
Finally someone had woken up from their deep slumber to market this product.
The AD just mentions the snorkel, Front facing seats, Lockable Diffs and Hard Top. Nothing much on the engine and other features.
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs-20141020an017100009.jpg  

Last edited by speedmiester : 20th October 2014 at 12:01.
Old 20th October 2014, 12:08   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The AD just mentions the snorkel, Front facing seats, Lockable Diffs and Hard Top. Nothing much on the engine and other features.
If they had a 105bhp/25kgm engine, they could have highlighted it, but with 82ps, why would anyone bother to put it in an advertisement.
Old 20th October 2014, 12:33   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Does it come in BS4 version? if not then why waste money by advertising this product in Metro cities.
Old 20th October 2014, 12:50   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally someone had woken up from their deep slumber to market this product.
They seem to wana highlight only what the Gurkha has and the Thar doesnt.

Quote:
If they had a 105bhp/25kgm engine, they could have highlighted it, but with 82ps, why would anyone bother to put it in an advertisement.
LOL yeah.....nothing much to take home about that jurassic motor and axle ratio.
Old 20th October 2014, 12:53   #420
Senior - BHPian

Re: Surprise !! Surprise !!

Quote:
Called my local Force Personal Vehicles dealer today to enquire about the Gurka. Two thing surpsised me 1) There was a very polished and polite gentleman on the other end of the line. 2) They had two Gurkha's one for Test Drive and the other to Sell. The test drive vehicle was out in a town about an hours drive from my place, but still I decided to go and check out the one in the showroom for sale.
You must take the crown for sheer persistence. Change your handle to 4x4x4addict, Tini.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks