Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 13:44   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
This vehicle had the potential. Sad! Spike
Dear Pratheesh - hello after a very long time. I hope you are doing well! I agree with your quote but we know how it goes. It's not fair to the engineers who do the project inspite of "all sorts of things". Really sad!

And, by the way, the main USP is just not going to be there ever, because it does not look like JEEP! .

Dear Parm - I wish. You pray! After all, there is a saying that "there is power in prayer"! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 12th May 2014, 16:48   #362
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
If it was developed for the Indian army, why is it left hand drive?.
Probably for the army to use in LHD countries. But this model looks nice. The best of course was the original Trax.
Old 12th May 2014, 20:01   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it was developed for the Indian army, why is it left hand drive?

The "F" on the bonnet shows correct orientation so error in pic reproduction is ruled out.
Sorry about the LHD photo of the Gurkha.

Here is a test drive demonstration clip with a RHD Gurkha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Pratheesh - hello after a very long time. I hope you are doing well! I agree with your quote but we know how it goes. It's not fair to the engineers who do the project inspite of "all sorts of things". Really sad!

And, by the way, the main USP is just not going to be there ever, because it does not look like JEEP! .

Dear Parm - I wish. You pray! After all, there is a saying that "there is power in prayer"! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir Ji, Gurkha EOV 4x4x4 is NOT my type of vehicle, since its NOT a JEEP!

Hence no wishes and no prayers.
Old 12th May 2014, 20:56   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Sir Ji, Gurkha EOV 4x4x4 is NOT my type of vehicle, since its NOT a JEEP! Hence no wishes and no prayers.
I think DB was referring to the Sumo 4X4 he is working on.
Old 12th May 2014, 21:11   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Quote:
Sir Ji, prayers are always with you along with the wishes.

Wishes are for the Sumo 4WD.
Old 12th May 2014, 22:00   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
...Wishes are for the Sumo 4WD.
Though not the ideal thread to discuss this, but is there anything like this being worked on at all? I seriously doubt! I 've a feeling the auto expo vehicle was just a one-off piece for display purpose only.
Old 14th May 2014, 00:18   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
I 've a feeling the auto expo vehicle was just a one-off piece for display purpose only.
But there already is a SUMO 4X4 available for sale in civil.
Old 14th May 2014, 21:55   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Force Gurkha is very much into production..

There were some issues found on pre production vehicles, hence it took a long time.

100 to 120 gurkha vehicles have been exported this month to Angola country.

Shall update with more info as soon as i get.
If only Saddam Hussein had gifted 1000 of these mystery vehicles to the US Army the outcome of the first gulf war would have been very different.

As others have posted, you keep dropping in with optimistic news flashes, I just hope they come true one day....
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 22:03   #369

got a "CALL BACK !!!!!" from force showroom regarding an inquiry made last December.. they said that gurkha BS4 will be coming next month.
parvezshah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 20:24   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvezshah View Post
got a "CALL BACK !!!!!" from force showroom regarding an inquiry made last December.. they said that gurkha BS4 will be coming next month.
You are probably the first person to get a "Call back" from any Force showroom on Gurkha! But it doesn't give a good feeling hearing about the BS4 version. I thought the BS3 Gurkha, which was already 'launched', will be appearing soon in reality. But now looks like the BS4 edition will be first 'officially launched' and in that case it will be visible in the showrooms after a year or so looking at the current trend
Old 16th May 2014, 09:54   #371
BHPian

Quote:
You are probably the first person to get a "Call back" from any Force showroom on Gurkha! But it doesn't give a good feeling hearing about the BS4 version. I thought the BS3 Gurkha, which was already 'launched', will be appearing soon in reality. But now looks like the BS4 edition will be first 'officially launched' and in that case it will be visible in the showrooms after a year or so looking at the current trend
Even I had got a call back from Force Showroom in month of february that Force Gurkha BS4 will be available in March 15th. But, Nothing happened.
Old 16th May 2014, 10:20   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Notwithstanding, and irrespective of, how good or bad a Jeep-lookalike looks, two of the main draws for a Gurkha is it's resemblance with a G, and it's rock solid mechanicals underneath, which both, unfortunately, have now been messed up by the Engineers of this vehicle, as is also the case with the other lookalikes.
For some the Jeep look may be the USP, for others, it's a no-entry zone.

Last edited by roy_libran : 16th May 2014 at 10:49.
Old 16th May 2014, 18:00   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Kandisa - a "variant option" vehicle platform (Gurkha is a variant option) goes through a very rigorous development process with a lot of interfaces before drawings become parts and parts become saleable vehicles. To make the saleable vehicles buyable to customers, first of all, the vehicle must attract customers towards it like a magnet. You have to know exactly who, how and where to hit. For this, you must develop and nurture a large customer base to the highest level of ownership experience and delight. This is called "Building Brand Ambassadors For Life". If this is not done, customers will come, look and go, they won't buy! You don't need a PHD in astro-physics to understand this, it is common sense.

This one does not have the "magnet" features. Also, as the wait is getting longer and longer, the interest level will get smaller and smaller. Let's see!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 22:36   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To make the saleable vehicles buyable to customers, first of all, the vehicle must attract customers towards it like a magnet.
That is gem of a statement. Perfect example is your previous creation, which sells at ridiculous price just for the sake of that 'attraction'. And to retain the magnetic property the vehicle should give a hassle free experience and prove its reliability as well. If i get stuck because of the vehicle in the middle of nowhere while travelling alone/with family in a desolate/remote region, it won't take much of time to curse myself for the 'fatal attraction' which forced me to buy the 'magnet'.

Quote:
You have to know exactly who, how and where to hit.
Who else than you know it better ? And the same old million dollar question, are you preparing to hit at all?

Quote:
This one does not have the "magnet" features. Also, as the wait is getting longer and longer, the interest level will get smaller and smaller.
Yes it may not have the magnetic feature and at this point it will not be correct to comment about its long term reliability as well; but in the absence of any such vehicle (reliable, no-nonsense 4wd, with AC, PS & Hardtop, capable of cruising at 90-100 all the day long in the highway with decent comfort, which can take 5 people in an excursion trip where offroading might be a necessity because of the terrain) on the lower side of 10 L, i am sure many people would be interested in the same provided at least a basic level of customer relationship is built by the manufacturer. On the waiting time, yes that is the major bottleneck for Gurkha and equally applicable for all those yet-to-be-launched products which have raised a certain level of optimism in our minds but nowhere close to reality as of now.

P.S: I am looking forward to the PM sent to you sometime back.
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 19:38   #375
BANNED

Motorbash has revealed that the BS4 Gurkha May finally be retailed from next month

http://motorbash.com/force-gurkha-sa...th-bs4-engine/

Now since this is touted to be the 'best' off-roader South of 10 lakhs, we can only hope and pray that it isn't a no show. They still had to work on the driveability and on road manners of the car, and we expect Mahindra to get up from their lousy backs and do something about the beautiful Thar.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks