Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 17:44   #241
BHPian

Re: Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?

hello friends
Saw this news and wanted to share this with you.

New Suzuki Swift Facelift Launched in UK; Coming to India Soon
By: Vikas Yogi | Updated: June 11, 2014 13:04 IST

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/new-suzuki...from=home-auto

if anyone has details, please share.

regards
Rajesh

Last edited by cs_rajesh : 13th June 2014 at 17:45. Reason: additional details added
Old 14th June 2014, 13:46   #242
BHPian

Let's see how the S-Cross works out in the Indian market. If they price it around 10 lacs then it's a serious contender and will dent the sales of its competitors in the sedan and UV world. And I hope and I seriously hope it's the 1.6MJD producing 120BHP. That should pack a punch and Suzuki should sort out the driving dynamics. Eagerly waiting for this one. I have seen the SX4 abroad and it looks good!
Old 15th June 2014, 11:25   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Let's see how the S-Cross works out in the Indian market. If they price it around 10 lacs then it's a serious contender and will dent the sales of its competitors in the sedan and UV world. And I hope and I seriously hope it's the 1.6MJD producing 120BHP. That should pack a punch and Suzuki should sort out the driving dynamics. Eagerly waiting for this one. I have seen the SX4 abroad and it looks good!
It wont be 10L for sure. We are looking at the Duster/Terrano range. I just hope Maruti packs good quality for that price range.
Old 15th June 2014, 15:08   #244
Senior - BHPian

Pricing s-Cross below 10 L would be building a car which is barebone. It would not be a good strategy. As this would be a flagship product Maruti should put in all the goodies - traction control, 4WD, ABS, 6 airbags, sunroof etc. which is currently there in their Europe S-Cross. Then price it competitively (in the range of XUV500). I am sure people will jump in to buy such a car especially from Maruti. My money is definitely on S-Cross if they come with all the above goodies.
Old 15th June 2014, 15:33   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Pricing s-Cross below 10 L would be building a car which is barebone. It would not be a good strategy. As this would be a flagship product Maruti should put in all the goodies - traction control, 4WD, ABS, 6 airbags, sunroof etc. which is currently there in their Europe S-Cross. Then price it competitively (in the range of XUV500). I am sure people will jump in to buy such a car especially from Maruti. My money is definitely on S-Cross if they come with all the above goodies.
Again dont think it would be the other end either. Yes, they should spec it well and also equip it well. But surely there wont be a four wheel drive. When they Duster, Terrano, Ecosport doing good business without it. But its of prime importance, that Maruti does not not make it a bare bone product. A good build, safety kit (ABS/Airbags), good braking, a killer engine 1.6 DDIs/MJD, and good equipment levels should get the car through, even if they price it at 13-14. AWD would be surely doubtful.

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2014 at 15:34.
Old 23rd June 2014, 11:05   #246
Senior - BHPian

Source: http://www.caradvice.com.au/292136/s...er-in-germany/

Suzuki's new SUV , reportedly the IV4, is spotted in Germany.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-suzukisuvspied1.jpg  

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-suzukisuvspied3.jpg  

romeomidhun is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 08:55   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti shifts its plan eyeing customer' upgrading' their ride to the next segment. Plans to launch 6 cars in the next 12-24 months!

Four of the six all-new cars that the company plans to launch in the next 12-24 months will be in the segment above the Swift, with prices ranging from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 14 lakh

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-37162141.jpg

Ciaz, S Cross, XA Alpha based CUV,Premium hatch above Swift are few of the models that are known to be released in this time frame. Introducing diesel (800cc) in the entry level segment is also part of Maruti's strategy for growth in FY14.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...onths/37162140

Last edited by noopster : 25th June 2014 at 10:30. Reason: Time frame of launch corrected after source article was updated
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:29   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

After ruling the roost for entry level and mid segment cars in India, Maruti Suzuki has plans for bringing about 6 new cars to Indian market which will mostly target the 6-14 lacs price bracket. According to MSIL, the company is aiming to provide an option to upgrade to its old customers who are willing to buy a bigger/ luxury car. Also, the company believes that Indians are now more open for ownership of bigger cars.

In the same chain, Maruti plans to bring the XA Alpha, its SUV to the Indian market which will be priced in the bracket of 6-9 lacs; mainly to compete with the Renault Duster and Ford's Ecosport. Also, it will soon launch the much awaited SX4 replacement, Ciaz which will be primarily aimed to counter the Honda City, which has set the charts on fire since launch.

The year 2015 may see the SX4 crossover - S Cross.

If Maruti Suzuki brings some real good products, which are benchmarked to International standards, then there is hardly any reason for them to fail considering the advantage Maruti enjoys in India in terms of its vast selling and service network, coupled with the reliability and the great service reputation that their cars enjoy.

Maruti Suzuki XA Alpha:

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-marutis_650_062514110407.jpg
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 13:02   #249
BHPian

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?

Maruti Suzuki planning to introduce 800cc Diesel Engine in Celerio with mileage close to 30 Kmpl.

Quote:
A Maruti Suzuki official told that the diesel engine will be developed at the auto major's Gurgaon plant. The official also told that the mileage of the diesel engine will be close to 30 km/litre.
Full article:: ET
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 13:48   #250
Senior - BHPian

After tasting success with the Ertiga and the Dzire, Maruti Suzuki is planning to launch 6 new cars in the price range of Rs.6 lakhs to Rs.14 lakhs, within the next 2 years.

Link to news article
Old 25th June 2014, 15:14   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
...Maruti should put in all the goodies - traction control, 4WD, ABS, 6 airbags, sunroof etc. which is currently there in their Europe S-Cross. Then price it competitively (in the range of XUV500). I am sure people will jump in to buy such a car especially from Maruti...
I am NOT really sure of this strategy. Indian market is one which associates money with size! The more money I pay, the bigger one should I get. In such a case, XUV might appeal to be a better deal for many with much bigger engine, presence, 7 seater option etc if S Cross is priced at par!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 20:54   #252
BHPian

Re: On the Tata Bolt & Zest

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-img_0497.jpg
Saw this vehicle undergoing testing in Panchkula.
Is this the new Bolt by Tata? Sorry couldn't click interior pics.
If this is indeed Bolt isn't this car supposed to be launched like soon?
Old 4th July 2014, 21:06   #253
BHPian

Re: On the Tata Bolt & Zest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Is this the new Bolt by Tata?
If I am not wrong, it is the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross you spotted testing.

Image Source: Automotive India
Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-0_0_0_0_70_http___i_haymarket_net_au_news_s_cross_spypic_india_autocar1_copy.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 14:02   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki to launch a new low-cost MPV based on Celerio, primarily targeting asian countries - Indonesia and India, rivaling the just released Datsun GO +.

Maruti’s plans - Upgraded Swift, SX4 Crossover and an 800cc Diesel car?-suzukiceleriompvtampaksamping.jpg

http://autonetmagz.com/suzuki-celeri...o-panca/17371/

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th July 2014 at 14:19.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 15:20   #255
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki to launch a new low-cost MPV based on Celerio, primarily targeting asian countries - Indonesia and India, rivaling the just released Datsun GO+
This looks so much better than the Wagon R 7-seater (5+2 seater, actually) they showcased at the Indonesian auto show. Aesthetically, the Wagon R simply does not lend itself to being stretched. The stretched Celerio, on the other hand, looks like a mini-Ertiga.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks