Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2014, 19:11   #1216
BHPian

More info. This news article just came out:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/fiat-india...is-year-385005
Harneet.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 23:33   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
More info. This news article just came out:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/fiat-india...is-year-385005
It is mentioned that the new Punto is expected to be launched soon. How soon is soon?? Its quite annoying when a prospective buyer doesn't know whether to go ahead with a purchase or wait endlessly for a newer vehicle. An indicative launch date with indicative engine variants (TJet) would have been more informative. Yes, I am looking to purchase a car, hence the frustration.
Old 11th April 2014, 00:01   #1218
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
It is mentioned that the new Punto is expected to be launched soon. How soon is soon?? Its quite annoying when a prospective buyer doesn't know whether to go ahead with a purchase or wait endlessly for a newer vehicle. An indicative launch date with indicative engine variants (TJet) would have been more informative. Yes, I am looking to purchase a car, hence the frustration.
What I have heard is May-June. Like you I hope the t-jet isn't meant only for the Abarth punto. A t-jet punto tuned liked the linea's with an abarth tuned much more aggressively would seem the best way to go for fiat. There is a sizeable market for it, surely!
Old 11th April 2014, 00:59   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
What I have heard is May-June. Like you I hope the t-jet isn't meant only for the Abarth punto.
Is your source reliable?? Since I was willing to wait till June for the Tata Bolt 1.2T as well as the Etios Cross (coming in May) any which ways. If Fiat does plan to surprise us enthusiasts with a 114BHP T-Jet Punto then THAT is the car for me. However, the 1.4L N.A. Punto doesn't appeal to me and I would rather look elsewhere. Fiat are you listening??
Old 11th April 2014, 01:29   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Is your source reliable?? Since I was willing to wait till June for the Tata Bolt 1.2T as well as the Etios Cross (coming in May) any which ways. If Fiat does plan to surprise us enthusiasts with a 114BHP T-Jet Punto then THAT is the car for me. However, the 1.4L N.A. Punto doesn't appeal to me and I would rather look elsewhere. Fiat are you listening??
Nagesh B. himself (fiat india ceo) in an interview i read a few days ago clearly said new punto followed by avventura near diwali. About the t-jet, don't know but do like you hope since i'd very much like an avventura t-jet! Also, the Tata Bolt 1.2T does sound exciting enough.
Old 11th April 2014, 02:06   #1221
BHPian

I have a Linea 1.4, and have driven the punto 1.4 too. The latter's much lighter, so the engine's mix of power, torque & efficiency is pretty good in the punto. Do a TD for the 1.4fire. Of course, if available buy the t-jet with eyes closed!
desdemona is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 10:19   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since I was willing to wait till June for the Tata Bolt 1.2T as well as the Etios Cross (coming in May) any which ways. If Fiat does plan to surprise us enthusiasts with a 114BHP T-Jet Punto then THAT is the car for me. However, the 1.4L N.A. Punto doesn't appeal to me and I would rather look elsewhere.
The Bolt might end up with Fiat sourced 1.2 and 1.4 engines.

I know the Vista/Manza petrols are running Fiat engines. They should be more peppy in the Tata's due to lighter weight. Driving dynamics may be non existent.

You can forget about a T Jet engine in a Punto.

The 1.4NA is quite good for highway runs. Hopeless in the city though.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 11:02   #1223
BHPian

As per the insider info that I have...

Punto FL (face lift) : SOP, 1 June (to capture new governments ant tax related
sops)

Fiat Avventura : SOP 1 August for festive season

more update as time comes nearby
007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 17:31   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
As per the insider info that I have...

Punto FL (face lift) : SOP, 1 June (to capture new governments ant tax related
sops)

Fiat Avventura : SOP 1 August for festive season

more update as time comes nearby
Hi 007 can you please ask your insider when the Fiat 500 Abarth is launching ?
Old 12th April 2014, 20:40   #1225
Distinguished - BHPian

First to be launched is Punto facelift in June 2014, which will be followed by Avventura in August 2014. Last will be Abarth 500, which will be launched by December 2014.

http://www.rushlane.com/fiat-punto-f...-12115251.html
Old 12th April 2014, 20:54   #1226
Team-BHP Support

Sorry if I missed this part from the Auto Expo discussion:

Is there a plan for the Aventura T-Jet version? If yes, that would really smoke everything! Same goes for Punto too.
Old 12th April 2014, 21:23   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is there a plan for the Aventura T-Jet version? If yes, that would really smoke everything! Same goes for Punto too.
Maybe if we all wish for it strongly enough....!

But seriously: I am slightly hopeful of the t-jet in the Avventura but not in the normal punto. It will be the Abarth punto (next year?) that will get the t-jet, I figure. Which is fine, provided the pricing is not stratospheric.
Old 12th April 2014, 21:26   #1228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Maybe if we all wish for it strongly enough....!

But seriously: I am slightly hopeful of the t-jet in the Avventura but not in the normal punto. It will be the Abarth punto (next year?) that will get the t-jet, I figure. Which is fine, provided the pricing is not stratospheric.
Thanks ! I forgot about the Abarth part. Surely then Punto may not get it. Hope it comes with the Aventura.
Old 15th April 2014, 20:08   #1229
BHPian

Surprised that nobody has posted this link ?

http://www.motoroids.com/news/spy-im...-testing-pune/

Quote:
In a surprise of sorts, the new Fiat Doblo, which is a seven seater MPV, has been spotted on the outskirts of Pune! The Doblo that has been spotted was wearing temporary plates and had not even a hint of camouflage. The Doblo was first launched in 2001 and has manged to sell more than a million units. Internationally, the Doblo is sold both as a panel van (called as the Doblo Cargo) and as five or seven seater passenger models, being marketed as “leisure activity vehicles.” (Trust these marketing guys to come up with anything!) It may be noted that so far, Fiat India has not talked about any plans of launching the Doblo in India. Rather, what’s headed our way is the Punto facelift, Punto Avventura and the Fiat 500 Abarth. The Fiat 500 Abarth is powered by a 1.4-liter, turbocharged, 4 pot petrol engine that is internationally available in two states of tune- 137 PS and 163 PS.

Coming back to the test mule here, its purpose of testing on Indian soil is not yet known. However, one thing we are quite sure of is that Fiat Doblo launch in India is not in the offing. In all probability, the Fiat Doblo test mule that you see here has been imported by Fiat India only to collect data by testing it on varied terrains that our country offers. It may be noted that Fiat has also been seen testing the Bravo in India. However, the Bravo never came to us and continues being used by high officials at Fiat Pune. We believe that the Doblo you see here has a similar fate.
I am sure they are just testing it (if it is a test mule) and have no plans of getting it here as such. I hope i am proved wrong though.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatdoblompvindiaimage1.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatdoblompvindiaimage2.jpg  

Abhi_abarth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 02:24   #1230
BHPian

In fiat's perspective plan announced last year there was indeed mention of two vehicles other than the four new launches for this year with presumably the abarth punto coming next year too: one was a b-hatchback (smaller and cheaper than the punto, probably not the panda, possibly the brazilian nuvo uno), the other was indeed an MUV.

Since the 500L, currently the bestselling family MUV in Europe, will work out too expensive, the Doblo's a good, competitive choice. Especially since it shares its platform and engines/transmissions and even most of its interiors with the punto. MUV buyers in India are highly conservative and risk-averse, which means the Fiat brand's recent improvements have a fair way more to run before it can attract them, even though what they'll get is a champion, bestselling MUV..
desdemona is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed