Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 01:57   #2296
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

That is the case since that is what FCA actually is. Remember that unlike other auto companies the Fiat group is an aggregation of companies making a humongous amount of components for the automotive, agricultural, miscellaneous industrial machinery & production systems. They also happen to assemble these components and make cars.

The annual revenues from their manufacturing ventures such as Magneti Marelli, Mopar, Comau & Teksid are not small and probably as big if not bigger than some small car manufacturers and that is what reflects in activities description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
I'm wondering why FIAT India is registered as a company with activities in "Manufacture of other fabricated metal products; metal working service" ?

Almost all other auto companies have registered activities as "Manufacture of Motor Vehicles".
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 16:31   #2297
BHPian

Herecomes, one of the most of expected launch from FCA India.

Motorbash says Jeep brand is launching 3 models as CBU.

Quote:
Jeep will begin its onslaught with, as decided earlier, two top models in their lineup and three models.
  1. Grand Cherokee
  2. Grand Cherokee SRT
  3. Wrangler Unlimited
All these SUVs are expected to be imported as CBUs initially and prices will, hence, be high. Launch has been confirmed for the Auto Expo in February where these iconic masterpieces will also be kept on display. Following this, the makers will introduce the more affordable B and C-segment SUVs but that may spill over to 2017
And here is the official website of JEEPIndia
RJ411 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 00:29   #2298
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Renegade on test in India;

Fiat's India strategy revealed-jeeprenegadetestinginindia1024x713.jpg

Image Source

Last edited by karan561 : 30th January 2016 at 00:30.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 11:51   #2299
BHPian

It seems FIAT is readying to launch the Tipo as replacement for the Linea. In my opinion this one looks more contemporary. A good substitute / replacement for the age old linea.

However the actual date of launch seems uncertain. Autoportal says FIAT to launch Tipo in India during March 2016 whereas other websites claim for November 2016 launch.

here are the links:
http://autoportal.com/newcars/fiat/tipo/
http://www.oncars.in/fiat/tipo

The Auto expo 2016 and the FIAT website both appears silent on the Tipo.

Does anybody has a reliable information on this.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 15:05   #2300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post

However the actual date of launch seems uncertain. Autoportal says FIAT to launch Tipo in India during March 2016 whereas other websites claim for November 2016 launch.
You believing AUTOPORTAL ?

They have also said in their article of upcoming cars in India 2016 here http://autoportal.com/upcoming-cars/ that the Bugatti Chiron is also launching this year in India

Also for all new Merc E Class which is suppose to launch by year end they are calling it a 'facelift' & so many other mistakes.

So before we start believing such websites lets just wait & watch.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 01:00   #2301
BHPian

As per the Fiat India plan, the Linea replacement is planned in 2017. March 2016 is highly improbable. Also I do not recollect any sightings of test mules of the tipo in India.
Old 31st January 2016, 02:12   #2302
BHPian

If FIAT or FCA as they are now called ever had a strategy, they wouldn't have dumped Ferrari and Maserati, screwed up Lancia and had 3 models in their Fiat lineup.
They kept Dodge and Chrysler and spun of their most profitable Ram Truck division. Genius
Old 1st February 2016, 11:55   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Also for all new Merc E Class which is suppose to launch by year end they are calling it a 'facelift' & so many other mistakes.
So before we start believing such websites lets just wait & watch.
Thank you Sir, for the word of caution.

Well, I am not a follower of Autoportal. I was interested in the TIPO and a search for it, landed me in the Autoportal .

I do understand that there are many sites providing incorrect and / or misleading information and one has to ascertain the veracity of the claims made / information provided, therein.

Cheers,

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2016 at 11:57. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Old 5th February 2016, 19:23   #2304
BHPian

As a T-Jet owner for almost two years, it was disheartening to see the unending saga of rehashing and rebadging of two shells -- PUNTO/Linea continue.

So, I setup a petition on change.org short while ago. It may not have any impact on FCA India but that's the only communication channel left for communicating to them that buyers are not fools. As I said in my into, I had sold Opel Astra 1.6 as scrap by weight. Have plans to do the same with Linea T-Jet when it outlives its existence. Looks like FCA has no plans for India and they are just trying sugar coating through these rehashes

Here's the URL. Read and support if you think the same as me.

https://www.change.org/p/mangesh-kod...t-new-products
Old 5th February 2016, 19:48   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
The Auto expo 2016 and the FIAT website both appears silent on the Tipo.
As usual, in line with their policy of indefinitely rehashing-and-rebadging the two shells, they launched 125S as a replacement. So no Tipo till 2018. Linea production it is said is already stopped. We just hope that we don't see a 2012 Linea T-Jet called Linea PURE in Auto Expo 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens
Old 5th February 2016, 20:32   #2306
BHPian

Imaginary 'pillars' leads to Dealers and Customers 'hanging' in mid air. But I still love my T-Jet.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 23:14   #2307
BHPian

Good start.
Hope they wake up and smell whats hit the ceiling long back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticnomad View Post

So, I setup a petition on change.org short while ago. It may not have any impact on FCA India but that's the only communication channel left for communicating to them that buyers are not fools. As I said in my into, I had sold Opel Astra 1.6 as scrap by weight. Have plans to do the same with Linea T-Jet when it outlives its existence. Looks like FCA has no plans for India and they are just trying sugar coating through these rehashes

Here's the URL. Read and support if you think the same as me.

https://www.change.org/p/mangesh-kod...t-new-products
gibikote is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 06:24   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticnomad View Post

Looks like FCA has no plans for India and they are just trying sugar coating through these rehashes
I'm glad you filed a petition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibikote View Post
Hope they wake up and smell whats hit the ceiling long back!
Found this info, hope it helps. I know people would now say it's too late, but i would say, better late than never.

"Fiat says while it continues to roll out variants and upgrades of the Punto and Linea, the company is already concurrently working on the next generation of entirely new product lineup for India. "

"This brings us to my third pillar, which is what do we look like two years from now? This includes the segments we would operate in and the next generation of products that we will launch. This is close to some king of fruition and we will soon be able to lock this down. We have done a lot of hard work on this and engineering efforts have been pushed to get this rolling," says Flynn.

He adds that every segment and what works within that segment has already been mapped and inputs from the dealer network has been incorporated to come up with the product strategy.

"From the Fiat product prospective, I would like us to be further than where we are today. The fact that major car manufacturers in India use our engines and transmission in their car says an awful lot about our engineering and capabilities. This has also in a way given solidity to our business here," says Flynn.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/50862726.cms
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 20:55   #2309
BHPian

I was just checking the Fiat Brazil site and saw how many beautiful cars they have.

Starting with Novo Uno 2016 edition:
http://www.fiat.com.br/carros/novo-uno.html
Beautiful features. Comes with Dualogic (AMT) with paddle shifters.

Then the Novo Palio
http://www.fiat.com.br/carros/novo-palio.html
Great design - Alloys, rear end and tail lights are gorgeous.
Fiat's India strategy revealed-brpalioexterior.jpg
Comes even with an electric sun-roof.
Quote:
On engaging the reverse gear of the New Palio mirror on the passenger side mirror tilts down, improving visualization during parking maneuvers.
- This is something I heard of only on cars like Skoda Laura in India.

Novo Punto 2016 edition:
Look at the beautiful exterior - this is what should have been launched in India, not the Pure.
Fiat's India strategy revealed-brpuntoexterior.jpg

Comes with VW style logo press hatch open:
Quote:
The trunk of the Punto can be opened simply by pressing the logo of Fiat on the back cover. Simple like that.
Why can't Fiat launch any of these in India? Brazil to India should not be such a big deal. Prices even when directly converted from Brazilian Reals to Rupees seemed attractive and with local production they can push it lower.
jetti is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 22:29   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
I was just checking the Fiat Brazil site and saw how many beautiful cars they have.
Not sure if you checked the others. The Bravo is just as brilliant. They even have adventure variants for the UNO and the Idea. These are amazing products for Indian market. I agree with the Dualogic too. It surprises me every time I see this variant. I'm sure people will stop complaining of the rubbery shift if its replaced with the Dualogic.

The more products you have, the better is the chance of selling your cars. That's exactly is what I feel is happening for FIAT in Brazil and Suzuki in India. of course the products have to be good. Even if FIAT manages to bring half of these cars to India in future,not in dated version, they may see a better market share. India needs all new products like the upcoming Jeep, though nothing needs to be specifically developed for us.
Hope Mr.Kevin has made this observation. Pick the products from your existing bin.
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks