Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 19:49   #196
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Looks like FIAT is all set to lock horns with the giants already in India. However, before it brings in new entrants, it really needs to roll out a fresh marketing strategy for it's existing models in India, as all the models currently on sale in India are excellent vehicles. They have, for a couple of reasons, not taken off.

That being said, I think they have a few amazing products in line as per the OP's post, and all I can hope for is that they get their After Sales and their marketing on target.

The Indian automotive industry sure does seem all set for a pleasant refresh!
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 21:26   #197
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Fiat has a very tough task ahead in India. Their cars are as good as any from Maruti or Hyundai. Its the "trust" that they need to build in the general car buying public. Is it going to do that by opening their own dealerships? Hopefully.Only time will tell. I can only wish them good luck.
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:27   #198
Team-BHP Support

Some interesting scoop news from a rather trustworthy source: Fiat plans to launch Abarth performance kits for Punto sometime in late 2013. No, I'm not talking about about the Abarth Punto, that's a separate product under the Abarth brand umbrella. I'm talking about performance kits that can be retrofitted on currently existing Puntos. If this happens, we can very well consider bumping up performance on our Puntos from true-blue tuning gurus like Abarth, rather than resort to tuning boxes or some such cheap gimmick to fool the ECU. Even interior enhancement kits are on the anvil from what I heard.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-abarthpuntoevo1730874.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatabarth_seats1.jpg

They are supposedly working on petrol and diesel performance enhancement kits which will be practical for the Indian market and driving conditions. The rumour mills predict that the performance kits will be launched as part of their brand building exercise, before the full blown Abarth Punto is launched. The wait gets more interesting. Power to the Scorpion!

Last edited by KarthikK : 2nd February 2013 at 12:38.
KarthikK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:37   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Some interesting scoop news from a rather trustworthy source: Fiat plans to launch Abarth performance kits for Punto sometime in late 2013. No, I'm not talking about about the Abarth Punto, that's a separate product under the Abarth brand umbrella. I'm talking about performance kits that can be retrofitted on current existing Puntos...

Attachment 1046161

Attachment 1046160...
Looks like exciting times ahead for the enthusiasts. I really hope they go the extra mile & do something striking in terms of marketing & make people aware of the Fiat brand.

I seriously pray they do everything right for the Abarth brand too, right from day one! It may not help sales, but sure will let people know what Fiat stands for and what they are capable of. Should give them added mileage for future products.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd February 2013 at 12:38.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 18:06   #200
BHPian

Best new I have heard all week.

I will now hold on to the ECU remap that I was planning with Tunotronics In Bangalore.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:58   #201
Senior - BHPian

Fiat has learnt not to let down its existing customers, which no other manufacturers do. They have promised easily available spares for good old Palio. They are selling GC upgrade kits to older Punto and Linea. Now the best news: official ECU remap option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Best new I have heard all week.

I will now hold on to the ECU remap that I was planning with Tunotronics In Bangalore.
I hope they launch ECU remaps to Punto 75 PS MJD too, and not just 93 PS. Then Palio MJD drivers like me can also do an upgrade ;-). I've been living next door to Sid Chopra of Tune-o-tronics for the last 4 years, but have been in two minds to go for aftermarket enhancements.

By the way, I have read in Vista D90 thread that the CUV version of it will have Abarth tuned 104 PS engine. I guess it is based on the same VGT as 93 PS. I was worried that Fiat will launch Abarth Punto with 1.3 MJD in 104 PS tune (like Lancia Ypsilon). Now I can stop worrying!
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 21:57   #202
Senior - BHPian

Its indeed great news for all Punto owners! Many don't go in for after market mods fearing loss of warranty,but no such headaches here. The enthusiasts can have all the fun they want without being at the mercy of dealers wrt warranty. Brilliant I say !

Also, if and when Fiat launches Abarth remaps will they be the first mass market manufacturer to offer it to customers ? Let's forget the holy trinity for now
Old 3rd February 2013, 19:58   #203
BHPian

They should seriously consider an adventure version of any of their vehicles . May be the B segment SUV rumoured to be launched may satisfy this .
Old 4th February 2013, 12:55   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Also, if and when Fiat launches Abarth remaps will they be the first mass market manufacturer to offer it to customers ? Let's forget the holy trinity for now
Fiat seems to be far away from the category of Mass Market Manufacturer

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th February 2013 at 14:53. Reason: fixing the quote tags that were not there
Old 4th February 2013, 15:18   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Fiat seems to be far away from the category of Mass Market Manufacturer
But Fiat is the Mass Market Engine Manufacturer, if not a Mass Market Manufacturer . Numero Uno, I say!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th February 2013 at 14:54. Reason: fixing the quote tags from previous post by thesilentone.
Rufus_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 14:43   #206
BHPian

Globally Fiat got proven products. But what I felt the Indian market values more on service, VFM etc. and sometimes the second hand sales.

1. Sales Network : All these Tata dealers were doing a step mother approach for fiat sales. I had this experience, when they understood my interest at Punto, sales person guided me to a Vista and I think many prospects were pulled like that.

2. Service: In team bhp itself I see many threads on bad experience of fiat owners with tata service centers, especially unavailability of spares and long waiting periods. Direct service centers give confidence to the prospects to go forward.

So exclusive fiat show room is a great move and I feel most of us really welcomes this.

But that alone can't help. Today for many customers, including me, Fiat is a last choice because --- Owning a Fiat means --- inviting a risk. This happened because of Fiat's inconstant track record - multiple entry in Indian consumer market with different products (from 2000 onwards). They have to change this image to owning fiat means---owning peace of mind.

So Fiat need to reestablish their brand image in B2C segment by strong marketing.
Old 6th February 2013, 13:30   #207
Senior - BHPian

Agreed but thats just one aspect of it , they also need to beef up on not only dealerships (which the are doing) but logistics , supply chain etc as well , just yesterday i called Fiat Cafe which should offer me the best dealership experience with the Fiat Brand - they told me that they cant offer me a test drive of the 1.3 for 15 days because there are no cars available. Only a display model.

I really could not think of anything new to say to them , 2 months back i was at it with them over the Tjet Plus and they created so much confusion , despite that i am willing to still go back to the brand and then this again. And this is when i have told them i will book as soon as the TD is over , there are no other cars in the picture right now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
However, before it brings in new entrants, it really needs to roll out a fresh marketing strategy for it's existing models in India, as all the models currently on sale in India are excellent vehicles.
Old 6th February 2013, 15:45   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Agreed but thats just one aspect of it , they also need to beef up on not only dealerships (which the are doing) but logistics , supply chain etc as well , just yesterday i called Fiat Cafe which should offer me the best dealership experience with the Fiat Brand - they told me that they cant offer me a test drive of the 1.3 for 15 days because there are no cars available. Only a display model.

I really could not think of anything new to say to them , 2 months back i was at it with them over the Tjet Plus and they created so much confusion , despite that i am willing to still go back to the brand and then this again. And this is when i have told them i will book as soon as the TD is over , there are no other cars in the picture right now....
The TD cars not available due to the fact that FIAT is giving new cars as TD vehicles as the new sales outlets are opening. I guess there is some delay in having these ready.

But whatever the reason is, the TD cars should have been shipped right in the first week of Jan 2013 itself.
Old 6th February 2013, 15:51   #209
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good gesture i guess from Fiat , but for me as a customer if it means i need to wait 15 days for a vehicle to simply test drive , at the end of the day it does not work no matter how good the intentions are. If i was not so inclined towards the Linea and wanted to pick up something quickly , they might have lost me by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The TD cars not available due to the fact that FIAT is giving new cars as TD vehicles as the new sales outlets are opening. I guess there is some delay in having these ready.

But whatever the reason is, the TD cars should have been shipped right in the first week of Jan 2013 itself.
Old 6th February 2013, 16:21   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
Globally Fiat got proven products. But what I felt the Indian market values more on service, VFM etc. and sometimes the second hand sales.

1. Sales Network : All these Tata dealers were doing a step mother approach for fiat sales. I had this experience, when they understood my interest at Punto, sales person guided me to a Vista and I think many prospects were pulled like that.

2. Service: In team bhp itself I see many threads on bad experience of fiat owners with tata service centers, especially unavailability of spares and long waiting periods. Direct service centers give confidence to the prospects to go forward.

So exclusive fiat show room is a great move and I feel most of us really welcomes this.

But that alone can't help. Today for many customers, including me, Fiat is a last choice because --- Owning a Fiat means --- inviting a risk. This happened because of Fiat's inconstant track record - multiple entry in Indian consumer market with different products (from 2000 onwards). They have to change this image to owning fiat means---owning peace of mind.

So Fiat need to reestablish their brand image in B2C segment by strong marketing.
Rightly put Sunil. To add to that, they have to look for proper tie up for service(if not sales) because they cannot establish as many service centers immediately.

Fiat can probably look for service space sharing with Hero motocorp in their larger service facilities in the major cities. Now that they have separated from Honda, they may be interested to diversify. Also any major city would have at least a handful of large Hero service facilities. if they can reach an agreement to accommodate, say 15 to 20 cars service space that would tremendously increase the no of options available to take the car for service.

This would immediately impact their brand image in a positive way, as Hero is to bikes what Maruti is to cars.(Peace of mind)
This along with sales happening through their Brand showrooms would give the boost Fiat has long been waiting for.

In the mean time they can plan to open exclusive service facilities as well.

-- from a Fiat fan who still believes the brand would one day become a massive hit in India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks