Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2014, 17:57   #2041
BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Agree with you PVPal. In fact, getting Palio (present version) back into the stable too would be good - from safety rating perspective, and also increasing confidence in the buyers - that Fiat will support their customer base.
Old 12th November 2014, 13:35   #2042
Team-BHP Support

The replacement of the Fiat Linea is likely to go into production in Turkey in 2016.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 13:49   #2043
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibikote View Post
Agree with you PVPal. In fact, getting Palio (present version) back into the stable too would be good - from safety rating perspective, and also increasing confidence in the buyers - that Fiat will support their customer base.
Forget the Palio, but considering the increasing demand for CUV's in India - Adventure could have made its presence felt! It was ahead of its time when launched, and had the wrong engine option for India!

Just launching it as an independent product and not an extension of the Palio might work for FIAT! But, if only wishes were horses.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatpalioweekendadventurelocker.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatpalioweekendadventurelockerside.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th November 2014 at 13:51.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 15:56   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The replacement of the Fiat Linea is likely to go into production in Turkey in 2016.
The article states that Fiat is going to continue with the current Punto/Linea for the next three years! Unless they significantly revamp their service and the cars' ergonomic issues and build strong a presence over the coming three years, they might as well not bother. The competition will have moved too far ahead for them to realistically be able to catch up by then.
Old 12th November 2014, 16:10   #2045
Team-BHP Support

It would have been better if they plan the entry of the Jeep brand with something in a bit more mainstream price bracket, like the Renegade. It has a quirky and boxy SUV looks, and could very well slot in the price bracket of INR 15-20 lakhs.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-jeeprenlaunchft3.jpg
Fiat's India strategy revealed-jeeprenlaunchrs.jpg
Fiat's India strategy revealed-jeeprenlaunchdash.jpg
Source
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 10:59   #2046
BANNED

I personally would like to see Palio making comeback in India. It was such a nice car at that price. Many people still using it happily. Currently Fiat is gaining momentum and they need some model which will generate volumes for them. More people visit their showrooms & it will definitely generate more customers for them. Hope they will listen.

In 2008 I had strong desire to buy one for me but couldn't do due to finance issues. Now i have money but can't buy one
Old 13th November 2014, 11:06   #2047
Senior - BHPian

15-20 Lakhs will be too much for that Jeep. It looks too small to be able to command that kind of price and buyer's would probably compare it with the Ecosport & Duster. The interiors are funky but those central air-con vents look like they were stuck on as an after thought!
Old 13th November 2014, 11:42   #2048
BHPian

Fiat would do well by bringing in the normal Panda, Panda 4 x 4 and the Adventure Locker.

I actually can't think of any reason why they won't bring the Panda to India. They should have brought the Panda instead of the Avventura.

Last edited by johy : 13th November 2014 at 12:01.
Old 14th November 2014, 09:36   #2049
Senior - BHPian

This is what I want Fiat to bring to India:

1. Fiat Uno to compete with Datsun Go/Alto/Eon/Nano
2. Fiat Palio - To compete with Celerio/Wagon R/Beat/I10/Grand I10/Micra Active
3. Fiat Avventura in CUV segment as they call it.
4. Fiat Idea to cater to tall boy segment
5. Fiat should bring the Palio Adventure as an SUV to the market.

6. Kill the old Linea Classic.

Last edited by amtak : 14th November 2014 at 09:38.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 20:51   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

4. Fiat Idea to cater to tall boy segment
5. Fiat should bring the Palio Adventure as an SUV to the market.

6. Kill the old Linea Classic.
Uno and Palio are great cars from Fiat's stable, but their image as fuel guzzling cars (especially Palio) will certainly have its impact on the car buying public's mind.

Instead they may bring the Panda, which may find many takers comparatively. If Fiat markets it aggressively, it can surely have a success story here ( the car being the top seller in the A segment in Europe alone is an indicator of it's quality and all roundness).

Further they need to improve their visibility through innovative campaign and they shouldn't delay in bringing their state of the art technology (like multiair, multijet 2) to India.
Old 14th November 2014, 22:10   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

4. Fiat Idea to cater to tall boy segment.
Fully agree.
Add to that
1. 1.2 T jet to compete with Suzuki 1.2 k series and Honda's 1.2 ivtec at competitive price, for better power to weight ratio than existing FIRE engines. FIRE engines are outdated now.
2. Offer safety kit as standard or optional at Base variant.
Old 15th November 2014, 10:06   #2052
BHPian

OK. One of the better strategies was to display the attached rate chart prominently in the ASS. In the NCR, I have seen at least 4 dealers NOT displaying it, and one of them, removing it after an initial display for a couple of weeks. Mahindra First Choice is now authorized for FIAT, and this has come from them. The sec 63 branch. Anyways, quite reasonable !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf document(1).pdf (330.1 KB, 520 views)

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 15th November 2014 at 10:08.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 16:36   #2053
BHPian

its almost December and the abarth 500 is still not here ? have they forgotten to launch it ?
Old 25th November 2014, 17:55   #2054
BHPian

Fiat has a lot on its hands globally. Around 28th Oct, Reuters (as quoted by ET) reported that in the US Consumer Reports quality survey:

Quote:
The four lowest-scoring brands were all from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' Chrysler Group, as were five of the bottom seven. Fiat scored the lowest of the 28 brands and the Fiat 500L was named the least reliable among 265 models included in the survey.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/44955462.cms

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/1...0IG1VM20141027

It appears that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne has his hands full in the brands established markets.

Apart from leadership changes, there are changes required in fundamental procurement philosophy itself:

Quote:
"I am not taking issue with the survey itself, other than it is clear that we have focused on the wrong things in dealings with some parts of the customer base," Marchionne said. "We need to go back in and fix that perception because I know that from an engagement standpoint the whole house has been driven in a completely different direction that those surveys are indicating. So we have an absolutely mismatch of internal evaluation and commitment."
See:
http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...onne/18176163/

In such circumstances, India and Fiat India may not necessarily be on the top of priorites for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and for Marchionne himself.

P.S. While there are other brands reportedly facing issues as highlighted by Consumer Reports, I have posted the link here only to highlight Fiat's current situation and its relevance to the discussion in this thread. Other brands may be discussed in respective threads.

Last edited by PVPal : 25th November 2014 at 17:58.
Old 5th December 2014, 20:26   #2055
BHPian

The Autocar review of the S-cross says that it will get the Fiat 1.6 MJD (Link here)

As a marketing strategy Fiat MUST introduce the engine in a Fiat car before they give it over to someone else like Maruti to plonk on their cars.

I think this is a no-brainer.

And they should do it as soon as the engine production is ready. No point in wasting a single day. Put the engine on the Linea and the Avventura. Waiting to put the engine on some other Fiat car which is yet to be launched would be a folly. By that time pressure would build up to sell it to Maruti's and the Chevy's and the Tata's who will be out with the engine on their cars.

In my opinion, there is no room for Fiat to miss this chance to (1) project their engine capabilities, (2) and graduate from being a engine company to a full fledged car company.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks