Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:48   #1951
BHPian

Not sure if this video is shared already. looking very good ( I mean the car )

Attaching few screen shots from the video itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-1.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-3.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th September 2014 at 09:29. Reason: Back to back posts. Embedding youtube video.
rahul412 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:33   #1952
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

From http://www.financialexpress.com/news...2?rheditorpick , the avventura is 65 kg heavier than the evo and has an impressive 205 mm of ground clearance.

The extra weight will make the car lethargic, this really deserved a better engine.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 20:35   #1953
BHPian

Avventura's dimension.(Pic courtesy: TeamFiat)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-avv.jpg  

Last edited by rahul412 : 24th September 2014 at 20:36.
Old 24th September 2014, 21:04   #1954
Senior - BHPian

I had been to the Fiat Caffe in Bangalore over the weekend - just dropped in post lunch on Sunday. My son enjoyed the experience of being allowed to poke around the cars unrestrained! He also thinks the Punto is absolutely fab and the Linea is so ugghhh.

Spoke with a sales consultant, and complained about the fact that Fiat engines & gearboxes made current models not-so-desirable to me. He tells me that the current agreement with Tata comes to an end in 2015, and after that, Fiat will launch cars with exciting engines/gearboxes. And we could expect the Viaggio.

Could someone here weigh in with information from more ... err ... "weighty" sources?
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 22:45   #1955
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Spoke with a sales consultant, and complained about the fact that Fiat engines & gearboxes made current models not-so-desirable to me. He tells me that the current agreement with Tata comes to an end in 2015, and after that, Fiat will launch cars with exciting engines/gearboxes. And we could expect the Viaggio.
This comes as a surprise to me.

Did Fiat enter into an agreement with Tata saying that they wont launch any new cars/engines ?

What did Tata give to FIAT in return?

Would some one please explain the aggrement happened between FIAT and Tata in detail?
I was aware that,
- Tata used FIAT engines generously.
- Tata used Fiat plant generously to make TATA cars for domestic & for export use.
- Tata hardly sold any fiat cars during this tenure.
- Fiat reported profits only one year, since 2005/2006. Rest of the years they have reported minimal profits or mostly loss.
What has TATA given to FIAT to make such a lousy agreement? By any chance FIAT management are so intelligent to sign such a prospective deal?
Or is this info wrong?

Old 24th September 2014, 23:40   #1956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
...What did Tata give to FIAT in return?

What has TATA given to FIAT to make such a lousy agreement? By any chance FIAT management are so intelligent to sign such a prospective deal?
Or is this info wrong?
Fiat got to use TATA's sales & service outlets!
Old 25th September 2014, 01:50   #1957
Senior - BHPian

I hope that this indeed comes true

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatviaggio1.jpg

The Jet would have flown for four years by then and it would be time to man a new flying object.

Quote:
And we could expect the Viaggio.

Last edited by khoj : 25th September 2014 at 02:01.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 23:20   #1958
BHPian

Quote:

Did Fiat enter into an agreement with Tata saying that they wont launch any new cars/engines ?

Not exactly IMO. But may be as per their earlier agreement if FIAT uses any engine TATA automatically becomes eligible to use it and that may end by 2015. Like, though Hero and Honda parted ways, Hero was able to use Honda tech till 2013-14 (don't know exact year). That's why I think Hero is looking for other companies for collaboration or something. if I am wrong someone correct me.

Last edited by HydroFuel : 25th September 2014 at 23:21.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:46   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Not exactly IMO. But may be as per their earlier agreement if FIAT uses any engine TATA automatically becomes eligible to use it and that may end by 2015. Like, though Hero and Honda parted ways, Hero was able to use Honda tech till 2013-14 (don't know exact year). That's why I think Hero is looking for other companies for collaboration or something. if I am wrong someone correct me.

Reading along with, I strongly agree to this assumption. This may be the reason why they are holding the 1.6 MJD.

Hope the 'Little Birdies' inside the nest will have more details to say about this
Old 26th September 2014, 11:06   #1960
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Hero's deal is completely different. Honda is the engine's owner. Hero agreed to use Honda's engines until 2013 Dec 31. However they got the contract extended.
Honda benefits more from this extended contract as they have increased the royalty amount by almost 50+ %. Hero was ready to extend the contract so both are happy.

Here Fiat is the Engine owner. Even if Tata gets to use Fiat's engines, they will have to pay for the same. More Profit for FIAT. Even if Tata's use Fiat engines, FIAT need not worry as Tata's can't use these engines any more than "Contract Expiry Date", Which would hardly be an year or less. This would be an added advantage for FIAT. As No Manufacturer would use others engines for only ONE year or less. Tata's will be the Jokers, if they try to use these engines.

This more or less sounds like FIAT issue. They are not capable to get the new engines & models.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 26th September 2014 at 11:09.
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 11:41   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He tells me that the current agreement with Tata comes to an end in 2015
FM Karthikk mentioned something like this when I spoke to him after he had done a tour of the Fiat facility. This can be true and that means Fiat India's strategy will need a revisit.

I thought the plant was owned by Tata and Fiat on a joint venture agreement with Tata being the primary owners of the land and what not.

When Fiat were building cars on their own, I never observed cheap finish or cheap bits in the car. Reliability aside, it was a very well made car. It is quite a different story today. Compare just about anything on a Grande Punto to the old Palio and you can see it for yourself.

I am happy that the new Linea and Evo have much improved interior quality though we still have to wait a couple of years to see how they hold up. The seat height adjustment lever coming off on a brand new car was not good.

A lot of rubber and plastic bits scream Tata. Seems to be built off the same plastic mould facility used to build bits for Tata. I don't want to see this on a Fiat.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 26th September 2014 at 11:44.
Old 26th September 2014, 11:49   #1962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Could someone here weigh in with information from more ... err ... "weighty" sources?
Seems highly unlikely. Sales persons should be the last persons to believe. They may be be just trying to cover-up their incompetence by blaming arbitrary agreement. FIAT would not have disclosed their strategy on bringing new SUVs in 2014 if this agreement was in place.
Old 26th September 2014, 14:29   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Would some one please explain the aggrement happened between FIAT and Tata in detail?
I was aware that,
- Tata used FIAT engines generously.
- Tata used Fiat plant generously to make TATA cars for domestic & for export use.
- Tata hardly sold any fiat cars during this tenure.
- Fiat reported profits only one year, since 2005/2006. Rest of the years they have reported minimal profits or mostly loss.
Or is this info wrong?
Heard about the Viaggio with 1.6MJD in 2016 from Fiat people but can't vouch about it. Also heard that it will be placed as a D segment sedan.
Old 26th September 2014, 14:38   #1964
Senior - BHPian

When are Fiat launching Avventura? Diwali is 2 weeks away and there's absolutely no news about it. Old habits die hard I guess.
Old 27th September 2014, 13:40   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
When are Fiat launching Avventura? Diwali is 2 weeks away and there's absolutely no news about it. Old habits die hard I guess.
I think they are waiting for Mercedes to announce the gla price

Aventura looks good and autocar mentions the engine is better tuned too
namit is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks