Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2014, 19:29   #1936
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Who is looking more beautiful :-) ?
Given a choice, I'd take the cycle

AMT Variant would be great for the Linea and Punto! I have a sneaky suspicion that they might even plonk the Tjet in the Avventura, nothing is working for them and it probably wouldn't hurt to try anyway.
Old 19th September 2014, 22:25   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
A little birdy just informed that Fiat is mulling over introducing AMT variants on Punto and Linea.
Wow..Fiat will keep mulling forever ! How long can we take this? Other Manufacturers have come and captured the market and Fiat is still mulling?
Old 19th September 2014, 22:46   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Wow..Fiat will keep mulling forever ! How long can we take this? Other Manufacturers have come and captured the market and Fiat is still mulling?
You know, I am actually a fan of Fiat India's strategy team. You have a stonker of an engine in the Tjet and one of the most dynamically accomplished hatches in the Indian Market, which is always criticised for being a slow coach. All you need to do is bring these together, and you have product which may not set the charts on fire, but will help you make a statement (your cars anyway dont sell). So your brainwave tells you not to get these two superb ingredients to bring out a great product. Well fine, we thought you will get these two together when you decide to give steroids to Punto and name it Aventurra. But surprise!! The already heavy Punto gets even more heavier (now called Aventurra) but for some wierd reason still doesn't get the T jet mill.

Oh!! And did I forget to tell you this is supposed to be a lifestyle vehicle??

Lets not talk about the AMT, just like how other manufacturers used multijet much better than Fiat themselves, even the AMT will be used better by them rather than Fiat themselves.

Last edited by vibbs : 19th September 2014 at 22:55.
Old 19th September 2014, 22:56   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
With the market share that they have, can we blame them for being cautious? They want to evaluate whether people (beyond the handful Fiat enthusiasts) will be willing to buy a Fiat with AMT or is the gen-pop happy using Fiat's (Magneti Marelli's) AMT on Maruti Celerio or Tata Zest. I don't see anything wrong in taking a research based approach.

Their first focus was improving the dealership network, on which they are doing a reasonable job (there's of-course a big space for improvement). Once they feel that they have a reasonable presence, they will increase the product portfolio. Every corporate has its own strategy for a given market. Some are more aggressive while others are more cautious. Fiat seems to be taking the cautious approach. For the ones that believe in the brand can wait, while others are free to choose other brands/products. Why should we be overtly negative about any brand?
Old 20th September 2014, 12:07   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Their first focus was improving the dealership network, on which they are doing a reasonable job (there's of-course a big space for improvement)...............For the ones that believe in the brand can wait, while others are free to choose other brands/products. Why should we be overtly negative about any brand?
I had great faith in the brand like you do and I am still waiting. As I had posted earlier, a brand is not successful only on the basis of a handful of faithfuls like us or on the basis of nice looking, great handlers. A brand is perceived in a positive light when they stand by the customers and offer great service where Fiat has failed miserably. Can you imagine the problems faced by hundreds of customers in the 9 eastern states where they do not have a single dealer / ASC. Why could not they come up with a statement or communication to the existing customers who are having issues and whose warranty is getting over during these months when there is no ASC? Even when pointed out specifically there is no response to this query.

Don't you think such things go a long way in building negativity? Fiat already does not enjoy much trust in India, so they should take 2 more steps than others to regain the lost trust, and in which they seem to be not at all interested.

Regarding their focus on establishing dealership / ASC, their support for these ASCs speak for themselves. FASS can not procure regular small parts in months and which 99rpm.com could deliver in 5 days flat. (Though it seems they do not sell Punto/ Linea parts now a days.)

Sorry for the rant and nothing personal against your post but just sharing my thoughts. I still believe that Fiat does not care much about the India operations and all the mistrust and negativity that they command is their own making.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 20th September 2014 at 12:09.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 12:21   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
That is one good looking vehicle, especially in that colour. I feel, it would look even better as a normal hatchback. The pic below should help you visualize (I cropped out the spare wheel).

Imagine this car without the spare wheel, wider track (20 mm) and lowered by 3 inches!

On a separate note, the SCCS is one hell of a long-serving platform (since 2006). Today's Jeep Renegade and 500L also see to be derived from it (as per Wikipedia)

The funniest part is that the pseudo SUVs have tailgate mounted spare wheels while the true SUVs increasingly dont'!

Attachment 1288101
Yes definitely the Punto evo would look good like that but minus the roof rails !!! and in Vocal white or Exotica Red but I don't think it would look good in Glitteratti Gold. Small request can you Photoshop one without roof rails and in Glitteratti gold. If this cladding can be added on the Punto Evo it would definitely be a hot selling accessory!!!
Old 20th September 2014, 12:45   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Sorry for the rant and nothing personal against your post but just sharing my thoughts. I still believe that Fiat does not care much about the India operations and all the mistrust and negativity that they command is their own making.
Quite honestly, I would feel the same if I were in your shoes. I mentioned in another thread that Fiat has goofed up big time on their dealership management in East. If they couldn't find a dealer, they could have at least tried to collaborate with some multi-brand service centre to cover that region. They can also set up mobile service units (e.g. Vans by Carnation and Maruti) for regular service (oil and filter change). Steps like these would have gone a long way in giving confidence to current and prospective customers that Fiat is there for its customers despite all operational issues. Fiat should chuck whosoever has been sitting on the dealership management part in East and get some willing to work hard.

If you read the ownership thread of my T-jet, you will realise that even in Delhi the FASS is not up to the mark. I had horrendous experience with them. It's just that I find the products (both my Linea T-jet and Punto) to be extremely competent and I want Fiat to sell well so that they can afford better dealers/dealership practices. My previous post was on their product strategy, and I appreciate the fact that they are taking a more balanced (read research-based) approach instead of making announcements on gut-feeling and then failing to deliver.
Old 20th September 2014, 16:24   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
........It's just that I find the products (both my Linea T-jet and Punto) to be extremely competent and I want Fiat to sell well so that they can afford better dealers/dealership practices. My previous post was on their product strategy, and I appreciate the fact that they are taking a more balanced (read research-based) approach instead of making announcements on gut-feeling and then failing to deliver.
Agree with you that the products are competent and better than competition on many aspects. But to sell them they need better customer centric strategies and dealership management and not the other way round that they'll sell first and then will be able to afford better customer service.

We Indian customers are a considerate lot and not demanding too much from them. They do not even need to invest in any mobile service van or 3rd party service provider, but just give some assurance only. See why I am peeved with them....not because they do not have a dealership near me, but because my car is having many unresolved issues and my warranty is getting over shortly and despite my repeated complaints, they do not seem to move. It does not take them any investment to simply reply to the customer that they will resolve the issues once the new dealerships are in place even if the warranty has just expired. Contrast this with Maruti when I had some issues just before the warranty expiry. A simple mail to their generic customer care Id and they wrote back saying that they'll resolve the issue even if warranty gets expired during the time it takes them to diagnose the same. I've had similar confidence inspiring experiences in my dealings with M & M as well for my Scorpio.

And for the auto industry, customer service is an inseparable and integral part of product and market strategy. How can you wish to sell well when you have the baggage of mistrust of hundreds of customers? So for Fiat, excellent customer service should be of paramount importance and should be the backbone of their India strategy and being cautious should not mean that they be cautious in providing customer service. Otherwise, we all will Ooh aah at their sexy products and then move onto the competitor when the actual time to write the cheque comes.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 20th September 2014 at 16:33.
Old 21st September 2014, 12:38   #1944
BHPian

Yesterday, Avventura was on display at Brookefields Mall, Coimbatore. Nice looking!

Couldn't get more details, as I was in a hurry.
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:18   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
And this despite they already have launched Punto AMT in Indonesia sometime in Jul'14.

Source: IAB
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-2014fiatpuntoamtindonesia.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2014, 18:12   #1946
BHPian

The Vehicle Does look very attractive, Does anyone has exact Dimensions of it?
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:06   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
And this despite they already have launched Punto AMT in Indonesia sometime in Jul'14.
Does anyone have got any idea what is that thing in the passenger side foot-well? Looks like kind of storage compartment or toolbox kind of thing on the floor!
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:47   #1948
BHPian

Abarth 500 for 30 lakhs will certainly sell in India in same number as Mitsubishi Lancer Evo ..
I want to pay a personal visit to thinktank at Fiat who are so excellent in making mistakes one after the other.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:50   #1949
BHPian

Avventura looks fab and smashing. I hope it does well because I genuinely believe that Avventura looks way better than Etios & Polo cross which look more of an after thought.

I am not sure whether it will give a fight to EcoSport but I think in terms of looks its way better. The only place where it will lose out to EcoSport is in features.

Pic Source: TeamFiat
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-3.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2-2.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-6.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-7.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-9.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-dsc_2573.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-dsc_2577.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-5.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:02   #1950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Does anyone have got any idea what is that thing in the passenger side foot-well? Looks like kind of storage compartment or toolbox kind of thing on the floor!
That looks like the carpet with the rubber portion to place the shoes. But why would Fiat give such a thing? Some questions go unanswered with a Fiat.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 22nd September 2014 at 20:03.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks