Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 06:42   #286
BHPian

re: VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI coming EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
The car is launched. here's a screenshot of volkswagen india website.
it has a 1.6 TDI engine.
Yes,there's an advertisement in today's papers as well regarding the launch.
One thing which is not clear is whether The car comes with ESP or not,in the main page it is mentioned that it has ESP but if you go to the feature list it is absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
The 1.5 Tdi motor mentioned by Hormazd Sorabjee will replace the existing 1.2 Tdi motor in the entire polo line up later on .

The 1.6 Tdi we are discussing is the " hot hatch" ofering from VW .
As per the report 1.5 TDI will replace both the 1.2TDI and 1.6TDI as its going to be available in 2 states of tune i.e. 89PS and 104PS
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 09:31   #287
BHPian

We need to the thread title to "VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI Launched"

It's already announced in VW India website.
Old 13th September 2013, 09:35   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

As expected VW would finally launch the much anticipated Polo 1.5TDI.( see post # 131 on the Polo 1.5TDI)

VW Polo facelift with 1.5 diesel coming May 2014 - To be competitive in pricing-this new engine is eligible for the lower excise tax bracket for small cars.

The to be' launched' Polo 1.6TDI would most probably be a limited edition .

The exterior changes are expected to be quite minor and hence there won’t be much to differentiate the facelifted Polo from the previous car except for a mildly tweaked bumper and headlights. The interior is expected to be tweaked as well and crucially will come with more equipment too.

The 1.5 TDI engine will come with two power outputs 66kw (89bhp) and 77kw (104bhp) and will replace the 1.2 litre three-cylinder diesel and the 1.6 TDI respectively.

The standard Polo will be get the 89bhp engine whilst the more powerful 104bhp variant of the 1.5 diesel, expected with a variable-geometry-turbo (VGT) will power the Vento saloon and the 2014 Polo GT TDI.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-356952.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2013 at 10:02.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 09:53   #289
Team-BHP Support

Good times ahead!

I had called up the VW dealer here at Surat (Navjivan VW) yesterday evening and he seemed to been informed quite well about the TDI (unlike other salesmen who has no clue about the upcoming launches!).

He told me that the launch is happening today, has a manual transmission, gets the hill hold function and comes in three color variants just like the TSI (black, white and red). Looks like they have already got two bookings in their system! Corporate discount offered is 3k.

I wanted a test drive of the TDI before I pay the booking amount of 25k. He told me he'd get back as soon as they receive the TD car. This isn't the best part! I registered on their website TD link and got a call a minute back from Bombay confirming the details. That was very quick!

Looking forward for my first car!

PS: When I had registered back in April, I had mentioned this in the intro thread, "A friend from Pune (Amey) had driven down to Surat few weeks back on his Vento 1.6L TDI and I drove his ride for a brief distance. The low-end torque absolutely blew me away! Impressive car. All this while, I was under the impression that the Vento was essentially a Polo with the added boot space!"
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 09:56   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As expected VW would finally launch the much anticipated Polo 1.5TDI.

VW Polo facelift with 1.5 diesel coming May 2014 - To be competitive in pricing-this new engine is eligible for the lower excise tax bracket for small cars.

The to be' launched' Polo 1.6TDI would most probably be a limited edition .

The exterior changes are expected to be quite minor and hence there won’t be much to differentiate the facelifted Polo from the previous car except for a mildly tweaked bumper and headlights. The interior is expected to be tweaked as well and crucially will come with more equipment too.

The 1.5 TDI engine will come with two power outputs 66kw (89bhp) and 77kw (104bhp) and will replace the 1.2 litre three-cylinder diesel and the 1.6 TDI respectively.

The standard Polo will be get the 89bhp engine whilst the more powerful 104bhp variant of the 1.5 diesel, expected with a variable-geometry-turbo (VGT) will power the Vento saloon and the 2014 Polo GT TDI.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-356952.aspx

In what way is 1.5 TDI better than the 1.6TDI? Apart ffrom the tax benefits . Is it more refined?
Old 13th September 2013, 09:58   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
In what way is 1.5 TDI better than the 1.6TDI? Apart ffrom the tax benefits . Is it more refined?
Yes , expected to be more refined and definitely lower in noise too.

Cheers!
Old 13th September 2013, 10:13   #292
Senior - BHPian

This is great news. I like how VW is catering to this market, however niche it may be. I hope other OEM's follow. With the GT twins, I now see the Polo in new light !

Any idea on pricing ?
Old 13th September 2013, 11:00   #293
BHPian

As per ARAI:

Vento TDI: 20.5 kmpl
Polo GT TDI: 19.7 kmpl
Old 13th September 2013, 11:15   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
As per ARAI:

Vento TDI: 20.5 kmpl
Polo GT TDI: 19.7 kmpl
The 1.5TDI figures would look better than the 1.6TDI.

Cheers!
Old 13th September 2013, 11:16   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
One thing which is not clear is whether The car comes with ESP or not,in the main page it is mentioned that it has ESP but if you go to the feature list it is absent.
Spoke to salesman tells No ESP,DSG for polo 1.6tdi.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:19   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The 1.5 TDI will be a 4-cylinder mill as compared to 1.2L 3-cylinder mill for the Polo that we have at present, resulting in less vibration. It also means that the power is bumped up to 89 bhp from 75 bhp. IMO this should suit the overall character of the hatch.

For the sedan (Vento), it would mean better efficiency IMO, for the smaller engine.

But, for the company it would be the biggest gain, one single drivetrain, with only difference being the turbo charges used, & the engine is ready to be used in 2 variants (4 if you include Skoda as well).
Old 13th September 2013, 11:19   #297
BHPian

The Polo TDI has a very basic form of ASR (Anti Skid) and the ABS module in the car also has the hill hold function. No ESP or XDS in the TDI. The FE numbers are a bit unusual.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:25   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen India has unveiled the Polo 1.6GT TDI, its answer to the diesel hot-hatch segment in the country. Polo 1.5 TDI to debut in 2014.

Quote:
The engine will be mated to a five speed manual gearbox, with no dual-clutch auto box on offer like the petrol version of the Polo GT.
The diesel engine should provide for spirited driving performance, producing 105PS at 4,000 rpm and 205NM of torque at 1,500-2,500 rpm.
Visually the Polo GT TDI gets GT badges adorning the front grille, an aluminium pedal cluster, special doorstep garnish, chrome accents on the dashboard and a leather wrapped steering wheel, geat knob and hand-brake lever.
Safety features include ABS, EBD and driver and passenger side airbags, similar to that found on the high-end variants of the regular Polo. The GT TDI also gets Volkswagen's Climatronic climate control, height adjustable drivers seat and tilt and telescopic adjustable steering wheel.
http://www.wheelsunplugged.com/news/...hot-hatch/2157

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th September 2013 at 11:33.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:37   #299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Spoke to salesman tells No ESP,DSG for polo 1.6tdi.
Then he might be misinformed about the ESP part. The website has it mentioned here:

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model.../variants.html
Attached Images

Old 13th September 2013, 11:37   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Yes,there's an advertisement in today's papers as well regarding the launch.
If you notice closely, VW India has copied information about the Polo 1.2 GT TSI to the webpage of the 1.6 GT TDI. Even the gallery is copied. The copying has resulted in ESP and hill hold being included onto the Polo 1.6 TDI's specs. These features are NOT available on the GT 1.6 TDI. Hope this clears the air. On the brochure though, VW has omitted ESP and Hill Hold.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks