Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2012, 20:15   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna
Was the Tavera moving? Relative speed is important here. Ford cars are normally tough but I doubt if Figo can get away with minor dents, after hitting something at 30 kmph.
Yes, Ford vehicles are tough and are thick with heavy guage. This can be noticed when we lift the bonnet and open the doors. But the Figo bumpers are super thin if compared to other hatches. One advantage few of the owners had was when hit by a two wheeler, the dent can be pulled into normal shape by hitting at back.
Old 16th October 2012, 21:01   #77
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo Facelift Launched @ 3.85 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
If you have a kids occupying the back seat, power windows which can be locked from the driver's seat and child lock on the rear door are a must IMO.
Agree! All that Ford needed to do was add a quarter glass to the rear window and you could get a fully collapsing windows which can be powered. It is not that they do not know the solution, but more about the re-engineering costs that is not acceptable.
Old 16th October 2012, 21:26   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E
How much is the increase in price in the Face lifted Figo?... Seeing the nature of the face lift and knowing it would be about 30K costlier, I went ahead and booked the old one!

Can some one please post the price of the face lifted titanium diesel on road, at Bangalore?...
From the posts the hike is only to the tune of 5K. But you would have got atleast 28K discounts + some freebies right?
Old 16th October 2012, 21:44   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The wafer thin bumper is a concern theoretically but have anybody here had a bad experience? I don't remember reading any. I had a nudge, rear ended a Tavera at 30-40kmph. Had only a small dent and few scratches. Radiator is fine. Got a bill of 3000 though at a local service station!
I can vouch for the rear bumpers on low speed impact. I was struck twice from behind (while I was stationary) First time I went around to survey the damage, it was none; second time around I didnt even step out knowing fully well there wouldnt be any damage and moreover the other car driver was a senior citizen. The bumpers look super thin and flexible; thats how they are meant to be and does its jobs pretty well.
Old 16th October 2012, 21:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

From the posts the hike is only to the tune of 5K. But you would have got atleast 28K discounts + some freebies right?
I availed the "friends and family" discount through a friend in Ford and am getting a total discount of about Rs 38,700 for a non metallic Titanium. In addition the dealer has agreed to do a UV coating, reverse sensors, Mats, flaps, idol and scuff plates. I was told that on the new Figo the Ford policy allows only about Rs 10,000 discount!
Old 17th October 2012, 13:42   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
How much is the increase in price in the Face lifted Figo? I booked a Figo Titanium (being delivered tomorrow) for the list price of Rs. 7.31 Lakhs on road here in Bangalore. I did get to know from a friend in Ford that the new face launch was coming by the 15th of Oct. Seeing the nature of the face lift and knowing it would be about 30K costlier, I went ahead and booked the old one!
The price increase is to the tune of 5K and given that the Ford dealers always happily give away discounts (probably they get a higher margin than other dealers), you can insist on adjusting that -- probably they'll agree.
Would suggest that you go for the new car, just for the better headlamps even if nothing else impresses you.
Old 17th October 2012, 17:10   #82

Quote:
Quote:
==========
It is not that they do not know the solution, but more about the re-engineering costs that is not acceptable.
I don't think this will be so easy. I once spoke to a dealer who was telling me that this has got something to do with the contruction of the door and that for any change - collapsible windows and powered windows to be added, that would warrant a huge change in design.

Not sure if Ford had looked into doing this even. But, for sure, not an easy change..!!
Old 17th October 2012, 18:40   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkris View Post
I don't think this will be so easy. I once spoke to a dealer who was telling me that this has got something to do with the contruction of the door and that for any change - collapsible windows and powered windows to be added, that would warrant a huge change in design.

Not sure if Ford had looked into doing this even. But, for sure, not an easy change..!!
I find the answer strange. The Figo which is based on the Fiesta Mark IV which was reengineered to make it a 5d hatch. The designers who did the rengineering were probably on a tight budget and hence forgot to add the redesign just like how they forgot to change the hood lever from left to right.
Old 17th October 2012, 18:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the new model is on sale already? I am going to the showroom tomorrow for delivery of the new car (old model) . I shall post an update tomorrow if I get to see it in flesh and blood.

Last edited by vnabhi : 17th October 2012 at 18:50.
Old 18th October 2012, 06:00   #85
BHPian

i love the yellow and new kinetic blue, but i wish they had smoked the huge headlights and made some efforts on the tail lights too.

they also could have gone the i20 way and added turn indicators on the ORVM as they have done it for the classic model.

i totally Agree! All that Ford needed to do was add a quarter glass to the rear window and you could get a fully collapsing windows which can be powered.
Old 18th October 2012, 11:19   #86
BHPian

Is it just me or all the small cars beginning to look like each other. Quite disappointed with the "facelift". Why not a newer model addressing issues they find in the old ones and a new look. And enough already with the weird interior colours!!
Old 18th October 2012, 11:36   #87
Senior - BHPian

Saw the newspaper ad for the vehicle in TOI today, & it appears good to me in the fresh avtar. The icing on the cake is that there is only marginal increase in the price of the new car, which is bettered in the refresh IMO.

Here is Zigwheels first Drive report of the car, which confirms the same:

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...t-drive/14360/
Old 18th October 2012, 12:13   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
All that Ford needed to do was add a quarter glass to the rear window and you could get a fully collapsing windows which can be powered.
Also on the ground clearance part. Is that too difficult to do?
Old 19th October 2012, 01:35   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
for changing the GC, a lot of factors has to be considered like ride and handling, suspension ETC, ETC. so the least we could expect is turn indicators on ORVM and rear power windows.
Old 19th October 2012, 07:04   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
By changing the GC, the dynamics of the Figo would have been impacted. The USP of the Figo was the handling and rock solid feel on highways. This is the Figo's ultimate differentiating factor and Ford has rightly not tried to mess with it.

The GC is 168mm and I do agree that it is a problem when you have passengers in the rear seat. I have only scraped the car twice due to my negligence, else I have been very cautious over big humps.

Also, many people seem to think that the car scrapes even small humps. This is not entirely true. The plastic mud flaps scrape every small hump out there and can easily break off. Also whenever they scrape, there is a heart wrenching sound heard, leading one to believe that it's a hard hit whereas it's just the plastic scraping. The mud flaps are very low and are only 2-3 inches above the ground.

I keep hearing that the plastic mud flaps have been replaced with rubber ones that wont brake and are more flexible. I am yet to see this at the local Ford dealer here.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks