Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 09:49   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Renault Lodgy

I guess the official review is in the making. In the mean time is this thing a Front wheel drive or is it a Rear wheel drive? Any pictures of the rear under carriage.
Old 7th April 2015, 11:03   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I guess the official review is in the making. In the mean time is this thing a Front wheel drive or is it a Rear wheel drive? Any pictures of the rear under carriage.
Front engined, front wheel drive
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 14:59   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I thought the Sunny had a mere blower while Duster had cooling as well for the rear. Are you sure on this?

Edit: Our official review says so as well -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2847116
Apologies gentlemen, I stand corrected. Although I still suspect the Duster's unit does not have a cooling coil. I may be wrong but I feel it's just an extension of the front unit with cool air transferred to the tower with a pipe.
Old 7th April 2015, 15:57   #214
@KP
BHPian

Just came back from a test drive. Except for the power of 110ps, nothing really to rave about. Am not willing to spend anything north of 12L on the top end. Interiors felt plasticky (read cheap plastic) and space also is not much. Am actually disappointed.
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 11:20   #215
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the Lodgy today, it is strictly an alternative to Innova and it will not hold much candle to the segment leader.
This could be priced around 2 Lakh less compared to Innova.
No test drive cars yet, so couldn't go for test drive.
Old 9th April 2015, 12:41   #216
BHPian

Some features being touted in the Lodgy were available in vehicles more than five years back. Autocar India had published in its magazine as the only MPV for have air-conditioning ducts for all three rows. Although it mentioned a corrigendum in its latest issue, clarifying that the Xylo and Aria also have three row air-conditioning.

But again they missed Tata Sumo Grande - which my father also owns. Agreed that the vehicle did not sell in good numbers, but still blanket statements cannot be made without verifying. And yes the vehicle is still sold as Movus, though now it is positioned primarily at the taxi market. There are two main points:

1) Tata Sumo Grande MkII did have 3-row air-conditioning all along
2) It also had the facility to remove the third row by just pulling on two levers on either side of the bench seat. I've even explained the same pictorally in my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...or-ex-bs4.html

Also the third row seating in not bad, in fact I at 5'7" don’t find it too low - which is a major gripe in most MPVs. Though only someone below 5’5” can sit comfortably over long distances. My dad (68 yrs) has driven from Delhi to Nepal, Darjeeling-Kalimpong and also Ladakh in the same vehicle and it has proven its mettle. The 2.2 Dicor (BS IV) is running strong at 90k kms in almost 5 years. But yes, other than the engine, the vehicle has had its fair share of niggles, which are avoidable in the first place with better QC.

My dad had time on his hand to visit Tata workshop time and again, but due to this very reason Tata vehicles have a bad reputation as working people like me don’t have time to visit workshops. I am happy that my Punto needs servicing and maintenance only once a year / 15,000 kms. From that I remember that the Sumo Grande Mk II has a turning radius that is better than the pre 2012 Punto. Coupled with a relatively short wheelbase, it is also easier to park as compared to my Punto.

I hope the reputation of Tata Motors steadily improves with the Zest and the Bolt and later the Hexa crossover.

[FONT=&quot]P.S. I’ve recommended dad the Lodgy as the replacement for the Sumo Grande, as I feel he should now drive a more user-friendly vehicle (read less bulky & unwieldy), plus try a monocoque chassis which being light-weight and strong, also affords the benefit of better fuel efficiency (Expected mileage of 14-16 km/l for monocoque vs. 9-11 km/l for ladder-on-frame MUVs, in city usage with A/C). Though he wants a commanding driving position and is more inclined towards Rear Wheel Drive versus Front Wheel Drive.[/FONT]
Old 9th April 2015, 12:59   #217
BHPian

The live webcast of the launch just concluded. Announced prices are 8.19L - 11.2L IIRC, ex-Delhi
Old 9th April 2015, 13:00   #218
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Ex-showroom prices: ₹8.19-11.79 lakh.

I guess excellent pricing from Renault India, though the huge price difference among the variants might indicate a very bare-bones base variant.

But, my initial feeling is that Renault has a winner here. Game on, Ertiga, Innova and Mobilio!

PS- ABS+EBD standard on all variants. Great move

Last edited by adimicra : 9th April 2015 at 13:02.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 13:17   #219
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Variant to variant, that's 3 - 4 lakhs cheaper than the Innova (ignore Innova base without power steering).

It's priced right between the Ertiga / Mobilio & Innova. The Lodgy makes the Mobilio look grossly overpriced.

More in our Official Review (coming up shortly).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 13:22   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Variant to variant, that's 3 - 4 lakhs cheaper than the Innova (ignore Innova base without power steering).

It's priced right between the Ertiga / Mobilio & Innova. The Lodgy makes the Mobilio look grossly overpriced.

Waiting for it GTO....
Old 9th April 2015, 13:59   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I believe Innova's base 'E' variant comes with a power steering since some time now. Though it has two versions - one with air-conditioning and the other without. Screenshot below, which also gives the price of each variant in Delhi (Source: Toyota Bharat website)

Awaiting the official review eagerly. Now thinking of not renewing my Autocar subscription - the quality of reviews on Team BHP is great, and most importantly, the reviews are not biased as I find in most publications.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Lodgy-innovapricemar15.jpg  

jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 14:05   #222
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Jessie! So, it has power steering but no air-con . We can't really include that in a price comparison. Who buys a car without an air-con these days.

Mod Note: Our Renault Lodgy Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 9th April 2015 at 14:06.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks