Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2006, 22:44   #91
BHPian

Actually none of the auto adverts are worth mentioning.
Any auto advert in India has necessarily to be endorsed by a movie star or a player - what for?
Instead of highlighting car characteristics, the advertisers spotlight the actors.
In my opinion, the automobile advertising has yet to come of age.
I have seen a couple of quality American & European car adverts. Be it on mags or TV, those are so slick, with the right kind of photography and background.
Old 14th November 2006, 12:16   #92
Team-BHP Support

Anyone seen the Pajero ad, showing the Pajero racing across a variety of terrains... seemingly effortlessly... That along with the Bajaj Pulsar ad (the bridge one) takes my prize for the best auto ads.

Worst ads : Aveo ad (how do u like ur coffee??? ), along with the Getz ad with Sania.
Old 14th November 2006, 16:16   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp 1
I have seen a couple of quality American & European car adverts. Be it on mags or TV, those are so slick, with the right kind of photography and background.
Totally agree with you on this...

Godfather
Old 14th November 2006, 17:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Good ones:
All Safari Advt's
Sumo Advt.
Indica (I love you to want me)
Bajaj Pulsar wheelie and stoppie and Avenger.
Tata Sierra (It takes rough with the smooth)

Yikes
Santro (All advt's), the yuckiest most thoughtless advt i have seen for a long long time.
Aveo... why do you want to hire two of the priciest stars in bollywood to advertise, when you can save the money to keep the car's cost low.
Esteem... "My daddy's big car".... should have been "My daddy's WANNA BE big car!"

For the time being i can remember only these.
Old 14th November 2006, 19:31   #95
BHPian

Kinetic Blaze

I kind of like the kinetic blaze ad. The part where it is made to jump and is shot from below. The background music is good too.
Old 14th December 2006, 19:26   #96
Senior - BHPian

Seen the Estilo ad?? The one with the boxes?? I mean..who are they targeting? Infact, there is nothing more boxy on sale in India than the WagonR. Even the Estilo looks like a box minus its snout.

Had this ad been for the old jellybean shape, their anti-box sentiments would be perfectly understandable.

Last edited by sajo : 14th December 2006 at 19:27.
Old 14th December 2006, 19:35   #97
Team-BHP Support

The worst ad acording to my opinion are the Santro ads... Donno what they are thinking... 'Santro walle'

And second in- line would be the Tata Indica ad... Doesnt make sense at all... Would have nice if they didnt have the girls... And just focussed on the car...
Old 14th December 2006, 19:58   #98
BHPian

@ Ranjith "the misleading line of "starts at 6.4 lakhs..." sticks in the head...mine may have started at 6.4 lakhs somewhere up the assembly line but by the time I picked it up from the dealer it cost me 12.83 lakhs"..!

The safari indeed starts from the 6.4 Range and Its Safari not DICOR..! I hope you are not confused with the two cars.

The Base DICOR is for around 8.7 ex Showroom back here in delhi
Old 14th December 2006, 21:33   #99
Senior - BHPian

NDTV car and bike show made reference to maruti and hyundai being irresponsible manufacturers and having children sit on the front seats in their advertisements.
Old 14th December 2006, 21:41   #100
BHPian

One of the worst ads which I have seen is the aveo one they try to show aveo as a fun to drive car which it is not.An advetorial should highlight its strengths and should not be used to cover its weaknesses.Another one in which the ad managers got it wrong is the xeta which does not highlight a single feature of the car .Also one is the estilo's print and tv ads.The print ad with the lady whose head is swirling like anything actually made me think if it as a shampoo ad especially if you consider the fact tht the ht ad only showed the head turning lady on the first page and the car at the back .
The tv ad is quite long and one gets to know that it is an estilo ad only towards the end.However one of the best adverts is the old tata safari dicor ad in which the golden cloured dicor does a powerslide.It truly shows what the safari is capable of off -roading.Another one of my fav ads is the one for the old shape zen in which the guy takes a longer route to reach his home so that he can enjoy driving the zen .
Old 15th December 2006, 03:45   #101
BHPian

The Safari ad is the best ad for a car in long time. It is very subtle but makes a very strong statement about the Safari. The Santro, Indica, Blaze are the worst ads.
Old 15th December 2006, 14:48   #102
BHPian

I would say the new ZEN Estilo ad on TV .. is the worst ad i have ever seen... in the ad the car is seen for prob 3 secs.. no shots of interiors.. no shots potraying performance, comfort, exterior shots..the whole ad is spent on people and boxes what crap.. what the heck is MUL thinking when lauching a new car.. they need to be more mature than this...It looks more like an ad for box manufacturer than the car.
Old 23rd December 2006, 19:11   #103
Senior - BHPian

I was searching for the DICOR ad when I came across this :

Used to see it as a kid. Nice to see it again.

And here is the
Old 23rd December 2006, 19:56   #104
BHPian

Agree Shazikon. Absurd ad. I don't like the Xeta ad too.
Old 24th December 2006, 12:16   #105
Senior - BHPian

Another not-too-good ad these days is the CBZ Xtreme one. Fake stunts are pathetic.

Most Viewed