Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:36   #106
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
There's another pre-owned Kizashi (grey color) at Sai Service Hinjawadi. Will get the details of it by tomorrow if any one is interested!

Not sure if it's up for sale or someone at the Service is using it, coz I've been noticing it for close to 6months now.
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:54   #107
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the discount thing is working... according to the sales figures they sold 35 Kizashis last month.

Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:23   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
It was the sheer future cost of the car that put me off. I was on the verge of trading my car in. In fact I had negotiated the price down to 16.5 on road Mumbai. But just couldn't pull the trigger. 6 kmpl with a government policy skewed towards diesel just was too hard to justify.
What future cost? Filling gas or maintaining a Kizashi? I don't really care what the government does and I am sure they can't afford to hike the prices of petrol to the extent that even a two wheeler will have to go diesel on two wheels. Keeping that in mind, I think we are safe.

16.5 on road in Bombay, you should have closed your eyes and picked it up.

A Kizashi will be a stupid decision if you can't afford to run it. Like I said earlier, for someone who can tank up the car once a month or even afford a Kizashi, about 4k on fuel and assuming running is kept in check, it should be no problem. You need to consider the running you plan on doing. At 6km a day, a blast down the highway say once in two months, which is how my colleague intends to run it, I doubt if he will feel the pinch. Besides; the sheer joy of driving this car will be unmatched at the price point we are talking about and maybe some more.
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:05   #109
BHPian

Are these 2012 manufactured ones or 2011? As far as I was told when I had gone to check it out the last time was that it works on a push pull system, meaning only called for on order and no stocks.

I was offered 3 lac discount in march 2012 but they didn't even have a test drive car nor could they arrange one even after I gave them a week.

Also wouldn't a 2011 car that's lying in the yard be too risky to buy?

Last edited by Karan1981 : 3rd November 2012 at 18:06.
Old 3rd November 2012, 20:39   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Are these 2012 manufactured ones or 2011?Also wouldn't a 2011 car that's lying in the yard be too risky to buy?
2011. Things are a little different now. With Maruti Suzuki running out of stocks on the Kizashi, if you must buy a Kizashi now, it will be on order. My friend took delivery of his Kizashi only yesterday. His was from the unsold stock.

To my knowledge, no dealer has a test drive Kizashi. When we were offered a test drive, it was a brand new car with under 100km on the odometer that was on sale. It was a automatic. This car was eventually sold to a customer.

Having seen and experienced the car personally, I will not worry about it being a 2011 unit. Maruti Suzuki have stored the car is a almost dust proof warehouse or probably wrapped the car up. When doing a pre delivery inspection for my friends ride, I could find no trace of dust even in hard to reach places where they normally settle. Every corner of the car was spotless. Even the engine bay had no trace of dust settling anywhere.
Old 4th November 2012, 09:59   #111
BHPian

Just saw a Kizashi in flesh and blood. It sure is a good looking car but my apprehensions are similar to some of the others on the forum, the 6kmpl average!!! I don't have such deep pockets to take that high fuel cost, so I'm going to pass this, until Suzuki comes up with a different engine (if at all they do).
Old 4th November 2012, 11:50   #112
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Kizashi on Noida Expressway yesterday. Boy this car has some road presence. The front view is intimidating to say the least.

Interestingly, the rear had only the "Suzuki" badge, and not "Maruti Suzuki".
Old 4th November 2012, 12:26   #113
Senior - BHPian

Some serious equipment in the Kizashi. With the price correction to about 16 lacs it seems a decent buy when compared with its competition say a cruze. Only drawback is a rubberbanding autobox coupled with a not so frugal petrol engine.

with about 35 pieces sold, atleast Maruti is getting rid of inventory. If Maruti could plonk in a diesel engine, it may do wonders for sales.
Old 4th November 2012, 14:03   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan

2011. Things are a little different now. With Maruti Suzuki running out of stocks on the Kizashi, if you must buy a Kizashi now, it will be on order. My friend took delivery of his Kizashi only yesterday. His was from the unsold stock.
Thanks Sandeep, one more question in my mind though:

They were offering me 3 lacs some odd thousand discount in march this year for a car that would be made to order, don't you think 5 lacs for a 2011 car is slightly less as its almost year end and the depreciation your friend would bear would be for two years?

Did they offer any additional freebies like extended warranty etc over and above that? also what's the discount on the made to order car?

Thanks,
Karan
Old 4th November 2012, 14:10   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow
Some serious equipment in the Kizashi. With the price correction to about 16 lacs it seems a decent buy when compared with its competition say a cruze.... If Maruti could plonk in a diesel engine, it may do wonders for sales.
Make it a CKD & bring in a good fast & efficient diesel along with the petrol. Am sure it can do much better numbers.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 12:35   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
What future cost? Filling gas or maintaining a Kizashi?
16.5 on road in Bombay, you should have closed your eyes and picked it up.
A Kizashi will be a stupid decision if you can't afford to run it. Like I said earlier, for someone who can tank up the car once a month or even afford a Kizashi, about 4k on fuel and assuming running is kept in check, it should be no problem. You need to consider the running you plan on doing. At 6km a day, a blast down the highway say once in two months, which is how my colleague intends to run it, I doubt if he will feel the pinch. Besides; the sheer joy of driving this car will be unmatched at the price point we are talking about and maybe some more.
Petrol. I dont think that maintenance costs will be prohibitive, just the way that GV running costs arent prohibitive. I'm convinced that the running costs of this car will be lower than its German / Czech friends. I didn't think twice about running costs. However.....

My running plan is changing from 6Km one-way a day to 21 KM one-way a day. Thats 42 KM per day, 5 days a week. At 5 KMPL, i'm going to use 8 L of petrol every day. Im going to be filling up once a week.

Everything else you have said is spot on. The sheer joy of driving this car would be unmatched not only at this price point, but even one-two price points above.

That said, driving it 21 KM one way would be expensive.. but man, it would be awesome. Sigh...
Old 5th November 2012, 13:11   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Interestingly, the rear had only the "Suzuki" badge, and not "Maruti Suzuki".
Because it is a pure Suzuki, nothing Maruti in it. Just like my GV.

My GV completed 5 years couple days back and I just love how it has served my families transport needs. I get 10-11kmpl on good roads, and 8-9 on city roads. Since my usage is limited to 1000kms a month, FE doesn't me much.

The service bill usually is less than my i10 service bill. The GV parts are cheaper the Santro parts, once I paid 22K for Santro drive axle. So I have no complaints in maintenance department too.

Don't expect Kizashi to be any different than GV.
Old 5th November 2012, 14:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
That said, driving it 21 KM one way would be expensive.. but man, it would be awesome. Sigh...
Do the maths and check if the car will pinch to run. If it does not, why not a Kizashi. Go buy what your heart wants. You will love it.
Old 5th November 2012, 14:45   #119
Senior - BHPian

Pure Suzuki cars have immense longevity, these can easily last for 2 decades without any issues. The parts hold up really well. Regarding Kizashi, it's only the haywire pricing of petrol that is most worrying.
Old 6th November 2012, 11:11   #120
BHPian

The Kizashi with INR 5L discount seems like an attractive proposition. What might need to worry buyers is Suzuki withdrawing from USA. Since US was the primary market Kizashi was aimed at, there might be issues in spares etc and most likely no development on the platform.

Maruti, if you have to bring Kizashi as CKD, why not bring us the AWD variant? Might just set up the brand amongst enthusiasts...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks