Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 03:06   #421
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Production of the Kizashi sedan and the Grand Vitara SUV from the Suzuki stable, is rumoured to be ceased permanently. The Grand Vitara was built at Suzuki's Iwata plant while the Kizashi was being manufactured at Sagara in Japan.

Link to news article

Hey guys I found a link stating these rumors might not be true.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/324042/s...models-demise/
Old 10th December 2014, 13:18   #422
BHPian

I don't think people take Maruti seriously in 15 lac+ segment, so its a good decision to discontinue Kizashi in terms to financial viability.
Old 10th December 2014, 14:17   #423
Senior - BHPian

^^^That's what they said about Hyundai too, but the Elantra has proved that myth wrong. A good product, priced well, backed by good service support will sell. Irrespective of whether it is a Hyundai or Maruti or Audi.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 15:21   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Would like to inform all kizashi owners about known problems and solutions to them:

1) Insensitive steering on bad roads - Stabiliser bars and bushes need to be changed. (Source: IshaanIan)

2) heavy vibration while braking: warped rotors or damage to disc due to improper storage. Solution: change discs.

3) tak-tak sound on window auto up: motor needs oiling.

4) sound from suspension on bad roads and car pulling left: Maruti TSB dated june 2011 states changing engine mount to new part.

5) Horn tone not consistent: frequent issue with the low tone horn. Solution: Change low tone horn.

6) Fault codes showing up but no record in SDT: disconnect and reconnect battery. If problem persists replace battery.

7) Accelerating the car does nothing, car not revving or responding to input in auto mode but manual mode works(seen in A/T): problem with throttle body or one of the sensors reading the input from the gas pedal. Solution: Need to refer to OBD tool to identify defective component.

8) Clutch not working properly: bleed the hydraulic clutch system to get rid of air or dirt.
Kizashi owners please help. The battery (original with the car) is completely dead. I had a word with MASS and they said it will take upto 20-25 days for a new battery to arrive from japan. Alternatively, i was checking the internet for replacement batteries but the issue seems to be of the specification. The manual says that the car came fitted with a 48Ah battery, but i can only find 45Ah on the net. Although my service advisor says its ok to use it but im still not sure about it. Any suggestions?
Old 28th June 2015, 15:44   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Kizashi owners please help. The battery (original with the car) is completely dead. I had a word with MASS and they said it will take upto 20-25 days for a new battery to arrive from japan. Alternatively, i was checking the internet for replacement batteries but the issue seems to be of the specification. The manual says that the car came fitted with a 48Ah battery, but i can only find 45Ah on the net. Although my service advisor says its ok to use it but im still not sure about it. Any suggestions?
Although 45Ah will not be of any problem. Why not go for a higher Ah battery. Like 50Ah to 55Ah range? That would be safer than going for a under rated battery. The main consumer of the battery is the starter motor and it draws lot of current during cranking. So I would not advise a lower rated battery. Go for a higher rated one

I don't think battery needs to be imported from. Japan. That would be ridiculously costly

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 28th June 2015 at 15:46.
Old 28th June 2015, 16:14   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Kizashi owners please help. The battery (original with the car) is completely dead. I had a word with MASS and they said it will take upto 20-25 days for a new battery to arrive from japan.
Dude, just go to Batterybhai or one of the online battery shop, and pick the battery. Getting battery from Japan is required only if you are having a hybrid car, which has a very different battery.

The OEM of my Grand Vitara didn't last even 3 years. The Amaron GO I put in has been running for nearly 5 years now. Both 45AH or 55AH will do as long as they fit the battery compartment.
Old 28th June 2015, 16:50   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Although 45Ah will not be of any problem. Why not go for a higher Ah battery. Like 50Ah to 55Ah range? That would be safer than going for a under rated battery. The main consumer of the battery is the starter motor and it draws lot of current during cranking. So I would not advise a lower rated battery. Go for a higher rated one

I don't think battery needs to be imported from. Japan. That would be ridiculously costly
The battery would indeed need to be imported. Even i believed that the battery could be bought from any battery shop but none of them had the battery for the car. The battery costs a bomb but it does need to be imported. Also i remember that the battery doesn't come from japan but from thailand.

Alternatively, there was some news when i was having the Kizashi that the battery is being made available by another manufacturer here by Maruti. I don't remember correctly but i think it was exide or amaron. If that is the case you can get the battery faster and cheaper. I think the battery costs anywhere between 8-10k Imported.

EDIT: just checked my thread the battery costed 15k

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th June 2015 at 16:57.
Old 28th June 2015, 17:09   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
The battery would indeed need to be imported. Even i believed that the battery could be bought from any battery shop but none of them had the battery for the car. The battery costs a bomb but it does need to be imported.
Why? Why does the battery have to be imported? What special attribute does it have? Unusual size?
Old 28th June 2015, 17:21   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why? Why does the battery have to be imported? What special attribute does it have? Unusual size?
I am not sure or rather don't remember why but they had tried fitting another battery but it didn't work as in the car didn't crank nor did the electricals work properly.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 17:23   #430
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

I doubt the battery needs to be imported simply search for compatible 50/55ah batteries in the market
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 17:27   #431
Team-BHP Support

Car batteries are hardly rocket science. Batterybhai suggests this battery. I would be very astonished if it didn't work.

If the battery doesn't they will take it back anyway.

Last edited by Samurai : 28th June 2015 at 17:32.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 17:43   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I doubt the battery needs to be imported simply search for compatible 50/55ah batteries in the market
I think I will go with this only. Let me see what the battery shop guy says.
Ishaan, you are still on your OEM battery? Mine lasted for exactly 2.5 years which I believe is less but im not complaining.
This is what the manual says.
Battery - 55D23L 48AH/5HR (sorry for the picture quality)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread-1435493597845.jpg  

Old 5th July 2015, 11:39   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Car batteries are hardly rocket science. Batterybhai suggests this battery. I would be very astonished if it didn't work.

If the battery doesn't they will take it back anyway.
Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I replaced the battery on wednesday. Its a similar spec exide battery with a 36 months warranty period. The car is now back to normal.

Sorry for back to back posts.

10,000 KM Update :-

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread-img_0699.jpg

The car completed 10K KM today. It has been a trouble free ownership so far (touchwood). Apart from normal servicing and the battery replacement, no maintenance cost has been incurred.

In other news, i have been tracking a few common issues related with the car. These caught my attention. My suggestion to fellow kizashi owners to take a look.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/20...rollaway.shtml

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/14...shi-recall.htm

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th February 2016 at 08:35. Reason: back to back posts
Old 25th February 2016, 02:08   #434
BANNED

Hi my kizashis current kmpl. Guess you have to be a bit more light on your pedal. I usually do 120 km/hr and still the machine has been doing a good job
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread-img_20151223_175453_hdr1.jpg  

nickolajj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 13:49   #435
BHPian

WOW!! That's amazing. Never knew the FE can go this high. My current FE is around 12-12.5 (as per MID) but this will soon go down as summers are fast approaching. Other than that my Highway:City run is around 70:30 in moderate to peak traffic conditions, so i'm wont be able to achieve those figures.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks