Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2013, 22:30   #376
BHPian

Re: The solution to kizashi failure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
The Kizashi was never meant to sell in large numbers, that's why they took the CBU route with the car. The sole purpose of this car was to lift the brand image for Suzuki and to take the spot of the "Hero" Car for the brand.

As we all know very well, when we think of MarutiSuzuki, we think Low end cars. The company wanted to change that image with the Kizashi.
Ya I know that they had expectations in hundreds but don't you think that these points can help to solve all the mess that their poor strategies have caused? I think the biggest mistake was the cbu route rather than anything else.
Old 15th September 2013, 22:32   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

MS' forte is really the small car segment. The 10L+ segment doesn't seem like their priority right now. Just look at the Vitara, a competent product, which was never really backed by the company after launch. A 1.9D would have changed its fortune more than Kizashi's.

As for the CKD/CBU route, looks like a catch 22 situation - the sales won't improve unless they bring in the CKD kits, and the financial spend on building the CKD infrastructure probably isn't justified for the numbers it generates.
Old 15th September 2013, 22:49   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Ya I know that they had expectations in hundreds but don't you think that these points can help to solve all the mess that their poor strategies have caused? I think the biggest mistake was the cbu route rather than anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
MS' forte is really the small car segment. The 10L+ segment doesn't seem like their priority right now. Just look at the Vitara, a competent product, which was never really backed by the company after launch. A 1.9D would have changed its fortune more than Kizashi's.

As for the CKD/CBU route, looks like a catch 22 situation - the sales won't improve unless they bring in the CKD kits, and the financial spend on building the CKD infrastructure probably isn't justified for the numbers it generates.
Rockporiom, Your points mentioned above would probably help improve sales of the kizashi for sure. But by how much is anyones guess. IMHO keeping current market trends in mind I can make the following observations:

1) The trend of buyers preference has shifted from premium sedans to SUV's. Classic case has been the plummeting sales of the once high volume selling Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic.

2) As Dry Ice has rightfully pointed out, it takes money to set up a CKD facility for a certain model and not to mention physical space inside the factory as well.The point I was trying to make is that instead of spending such resources of money and space on a model like the Kizashi, I think it would be better if they use it for the next generation Grand Vitara.

My aim here is not to start an argument. In any forum different views and ideas are bound to be expressed.
Old 15th September 2013, 23:03   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Rockporiom, Your points mentioned above would probably help improve sales of the kizashi for sure. But by how much is anyones guess. IMHO keeping don't think people didn't buy it because they wanted suv's ent market trends in mind I can make the following observations:

1) The trend of buyers preference has shifted from premium sedans to SUV's. Classic case has been the plummeting sales of the once high volume selling Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic.

2) As Dry Ice has rightfully pointed out, it takes money to set up a CKD facility for a certain model and not to mention physical space inside the factory as well.The point I was trying to make is that instead of spending such resources of money and space on a model like the Kizashi, I think it would be better if they use it for the next generation Grand Vitara.

My aim here is not to start an argument. In any forum different views and ideas are bound to be expressed.
I don't disagree that it is a huge investment for setting up a facility for one model. But what if the facility was used for the future vitara and the kizashi together. I don't think it failed because people didn't want sedans I think they didn't buy it because of the price.

I personally would never have bought it without the discounts that I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
LOL, the thread title is misleading. I thought the OP's kizashi has failed.
I have requested mods to change the title to "Is this the solution to the failure of maruti's kizashi?"

Last edited by rockporiom : 15th September 2013 at 23:06.
Old 16th September 2013, 07:30   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Mods please merge if thread already exists.

14) provide 2 memory settings instead of 3 for drivers seat.
All very fantastic points - but, but, why reduce the number of memory settings for the drivers seat?
Old 16th September 2013, 08:01   #381
BHPian

Perhaps something to do with the value associated with the brand, People are going to think long and hard before spending 20 lakhs on a maruthi. No a matter how good the car is ultimate thought process would be that its a maruti behind the prospective buyers mind.
Old 16th September 2013, 08:21   #382
BHPian

Quote:
I don't disagree that it is a huge investment for setting up a facility for one model. But what if the facility was used for the future vitara and the kizashi together. I don't think it failed because people didn't want sedans I think they didn't buy it because of the price.

I personally would never have bought it without the discounts that I got.

I have requested mods to change the title to "Is this the solution to the failure of maruti's kizashi?"
I just wrote that thinking that it will help in reducing cost

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2013 at 14:08. Reason: Typo
Old 16th September 2013, 09:14   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Perhaps something to do with the value associated with the brand, People are going to think long and hard before spending 20 lakhs on a maruthi. No a matter how good the car is ultimate thought process would be that its a maruti behind the prospective buyers mind.
Yeah but don't you think that it can be a success if it had a price from 13-18 lakhs on road depending on variant?
Old 16th September 2013, 10:01   #384
BHPian

In india to expect atleast moderate numbers it should have either good brand name or good styling or an efficient diesel heart. For kizashi styling is ok but brand and a lack of diesel heart seriously affect the sales. So do the grand vitara. I loved the stying if it had a diesel and it came with a sub 15 lakh price tag I would have bought it over my fluence though I am extremely happy with it now.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:00   #385
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)
re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

I too agree with Rockporiom. Friends that have sat in the Kizashi and experienced its levels of seat comfort, grippyness, silence, that curvaceous rear etc are all bowled over. I for one especially love how it can be calm quite and composed when under 4k revs but the minute you go over that, it rewards you with a nice snarl and that for me gives the car its x-factor too.
Anyway I also agree with the rest that going the CKD route for the GrandVitara, will be more profitable especially since sales are shifting towards the SUVs
Old 5th October 2013, 08:19   #386
Senior - BHPian

Are the discounts still on ? Has the production stopped ?
Old 5th October 2013, 11:00   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Idea on your first question.
Regarding production, As I understand it production was never started. All the Kizashis were CBUs i.e. fully imported & this thread evolved from Initially reporting of discounts into people sharing information about Dealerships with left over Kizashis, after Maruti stopped importing them, who were offering discounts to off-load their stock.

Last edited by Maky : 5th October 2013 at 11:04.
Old 17th October 2013, 16:41   #388
BHPian

I would request all kizashi owners and anyone interested in going for a dead stock kizashi to immediately visit: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3268320

This is really important. Visit the link as soon as possible as there may be a problem with your car.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 18:40   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Discounts are on though only cvt's are remaining its almost 50% off now
Old 19th October 2013, 18:50   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea where it is available and whats the landing cost?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks