I have all Kizashi owners(not that here are many) in my buddy list they are:

1) IshaanIan

2) Rockporiom

3) Bluu

4) MVenkat

5) puzz

6) hooloovoo
You can add another one , I have a black CVT in Bangalore for about 4+ months

Black CVT Bangalore . 4 months and 7000 kms later , still smiling...

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Also, the number of smilies per post is restricted to two.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2013 at 15:44. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 11th May 2013, 08:22   #302
Team-BHP Support

re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

This is supposed to be a discount thread. But I see all kind of discussions. Since all Kizashi owners are here, we can rename this as a general Kizashi thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The MID is not the best judge for coming up with the actual efficiency. Please try tankful to tankful.
The Grand Vitara FE gauge is extremely accurate (with OE size tyres), I suspect Kizashi FE gauge may prove to be similar.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 09:31   #303
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is supposed to be a discount thread. But I see all kind of discussions. Since all Kizashi owners are here, we can rename this as a general Kizashi thread.

The Grand Vitara FE gauge is extremely accurate (with OE size tyres), I suspect Kizashi FE gauge may prove to be similar.
+1 that would be pretty cool turns out we have quite a few owners on the forum anyway and with stocks pretty much cleared up this thread is near irrelevant.
Speaking of the Grand Vitara, I know it shares the same engine, but is it completely the same? If so, is it as easy as an ecu tune, to extract the same performance of the Kiz out if it? I know that might sound dumb but I was just wondering. :P
Old 11th May 2013, 10:13   #304
Senior - BHPian

Maruti with its small car and mass market image didn't really help Kizashi and to some extent Grand Vitara get the sales numbers.
Feel pity for these brilliant products, 5L discount is huge IMO.
Probably if anybody is planning grab this offer, they should first get the VIN number of the car and verify that its not of some 2011 stock as some are suggesting.
I agree spare will be difficult to get as the car won't be selling here in India after the stocks are over. But it shouldn't be a problem for Maruti to get them for the customers from their Japan.
I feel it will be a good buy with such huge discount and if the owner doesn't have plans of resale any time soon.
Old 11th May 2013, 11:09   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
I agree spare will be difficult to get as the car won't be selling here in India after the stocks are over.
Who has been saying this and why are you agreeing with them?

The Grand Vitara has probably sold less than Kizashi, yet I have never faced parts problem for my 2007 Vitara in 5+ years despite being in a small southern town.
Old 11th May 2013, 12:27   #306
BANNED

Parts are never an issue they openly admit that they are stocked in gurgaon and take three days but they stick to that time. The kizashi will still be sold here on order even when stocks are finished and when in the future, Suzuki ends production, they are required by law to make parts available for 10 years after that so spares will never be an issue

Last edited by IshaanIan : 11th May 2013 at 12:28.
Old 11th May 2013, 14:11   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Who has been saying this and why are you agreeing with them?

The Grand Vitara has probably sold less than Kizashi, yet I have never faced parts problem for my 2007 Vitara in 5+ years despite being in a small southern town.
Thats good to know from a grand vitara owner himself.
Even better to hear that even kizashi's spares are also stocked at maruti.
Maybe I was wrongly assuming like others. Maruti suzuki definitely is very good in A.S.S and much better than other manufacturers.
Old 11th May 2013, 21:37   #308
BHPian

hey guys

My friend is seriously considering kizashi and is going to book on Monday but he is confused between cvt and manual.

Can some cvt owners give information of mileage figures.
Old 11th May 2013, 21:51   #309
BANNED

CVT
The Good Stuff
Slightly More efficient
Easier to drive
The Bad Stuff
Off the line performance and throttle response is disappointing
Rubber-Band Effect

The Manual is obviously more fun to drive and if he plans on future mods like I do, the CVT will not be able to handle performance boosts as well.

In the end it is upto your friend. Choosing between the two shouldn't ever be so hard. If he isn't a huge driving and performance freak then the CVT should do just fine after all there is a reason why they produce and sell more units than the manual
Old 11th May 2013, 22:23   #310
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
hey guys

My friend is seriously considering kizashi and is going to book on Monday
What are the discounts right now? Car available with dealer or at factory?
All variants/colors available?
Old 12th May 2013, 03:16   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
CVT
The Good Stuff
Slightly More efficient
Easier to drive
The Bad Stuff
Off the line performance and throttle response is disappointing
Rubber-Band Effect

The Manual is obviously more fun to drive and if he plans on future mods like I do, the CVT will not be able to handle performance boosts as well.

In the end it is upto your friend. Choosing between the two shouldn't ever be so hard. If he isn't a huge driving and performance freak then the CVT should do just fine after all there is a reason why they produce and sell more units than the manual
Hey man in real life the CVT is not as effecient as on paper. Multiple Kizashi owners are reporting mileage of below 8 in city. Even Maruti people are telling that the manual is much more effecient compared to the CVT(guess it was a printing mistake)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2i View Post

You can add another one , I have a black CVT in Bangalore for about 4+ months

Black CVT Bangalore . 4 months and 7000 kms later , still smiling
Congratulations on possesing the beast as I call him. Can you throw some light on the mileage you are getting.

By the way my friend is all praises for the CVT but has gone for manual due to mileage problem.

Seems like everytime someone tries to make a list one more joins the group lol

Last edited by rockporiom : 12th May 2013 at 03:23.
Old 12th May 2013, 03:42   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
What are the discounts right now? Car available with dealer or at factory?
All variants/colors available?
From what I know there are only 4-5 left in India(as informed by dealer) and all are with dealers, there is absolutely no stock in Gurgaon.
The majority being white 2011 models, out of those 4-5 one has been booked by my friend. From what information I have there are 2 CVT's and one manual left(one more manual taken by my friend).
The discounts have stopped at 5.5 -6 Lakhs for stock vehicles with somewhere around 100 km on odo and in the 7-8 Lakh region for TD vehicles.

One thing is for sure the last vehicle in Gujarat is sold to my friend which was also the last 2012 Kizashi(lucky him). He got a discount of 5.5 Lakhs. Plus the added advantage was that his was driven for5KM that too because they had to change the go down. It is still in some kind of box in which it was imported according to the dealer, with all the plastic and laminated sheets for paint protection By the way it was removed from the box and later put back in the box for driving the 5 Km. He is taking delivery on Tuesday(coming all the way from Bangalore) going to do a PDI with him. For anyone who might be interested the handling charges for all this pain they took a mere Rs.6400

Last edited by rockporiom : 12th May 2013 at 03:51.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 23:36   #313
BANNED

We want pics of tomorrows delivery which colour is the car and which car of the ones you mentioned, did he finally end up buying? Hope to see your friend on the forum soon too want to hear his thoughts etc
Old 14th May 2013, 18:33   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Hey man in real life the CVT is not as effecient as on paper. Multiple Kizashi owners are reporting mileage of below 8 in city. Even Maruti people are telling that the manual is much more effecient compared to the CVT(guess it was a printing mistake)
The K I mentioned in an earlier post is a CVT. It is not babied, but driven in a sporty manner, only in the city (they fly a lot). Plus, it is driven for short distances only (home to office is ~ 2km). All these factors are detrimental to FE. When I quoted the owner as saying city FE was < 8, you were skeptical!

The owner is a dealer for Maruti, if that adds any credibility. Maruti (and all mfrs) shove slow moving vehicles down their throat, and they took this one for their own use. I'm guessing it's 3 - 4 years old now.
Old 14th May 2013, 18:54   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
The K I mentioned in an earlier post is a CVT. It is not babied, but driven in a sporty manner, only in the city (they fly a lot). Plus, it is driven for short distances only (home to office is ~ 2km). All these factors are detrimental to FE. When I quoted the owner as saying city FE was < 8, you were skeptical!

The owner is a dealer for Maruti, if that adds any credibility. Maruti (and all mfrs) shove slow moving vehicles down their throat, and they took this one for their own use. I'm guessing it's 3 - 4 years old now.
The kizashi was launched only in 2011 so the car can't be older than 2 years. I was mistaken earlier that the cvt was more efficient as I went according to company figures.

But now I have corrected my facts by checking with owners and now I Am sure that cvt is not as efficient as manual.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks