Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2012, 11:06   #166
BHPian

Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Thanks the on-road price for the manual was 19.8 here in Hyderabad so I managed an exact discount of 5l. I am sorry I will have to ask my father which dealership it was bought from I only spoke to the chap on the phone and he was quite helpful. Which car did you test drive? Did you like it? I will get back to you with the details on the. Meanwhile when I was talking to him over the phone there were only two cars in stock here in Hyderabad: a silver manual and a pearl black automatic since I bought the manual I guess the auto is the only one left if you are really serious about the car let me know I could give you his number and maybe even help you get a good deal apparently I've got a way with people :P
Thanks, if you could just let me know the name of the dealer, that would be good.
Old 13th November 2012, 11:07   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

If I am not mistaken, Bluu got his car for 18.15lac on road for the cvt variant. At this price, there is no better option in the price bracket. The Skoda Laura will give you better interior part quality, a turbo petrol engine but is not as roomy at the back. Not that the Kizashi interiors are bad. The plastics appear durable but Suzuki have chosen the wrong texture for the top dashboard that gives the impression of it being cheap. If you look hard, you will notice part sharing with Suzuki's cheaper lineup and then some really flimsy bits. I can live with it but some may not.
Old 13th November 2012, 11:23   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Not that the Kizashi interiors are bad. The plastics appear durable but Suzuki have chosen the wrong texture for the top dashboard that gives the impression of it being cheap.
That’s the key. The plastic quality is a bit of an over-discussed aspect. I personally will go for something which gives a feel of durability rather than being soft and shining while showroom fresh, but wither away in no time. I remember reading somewhere that VW gave away with some of the soft touch plastics in the new Jetta just for this reason.

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th November 2012 at 11:28.
Old 13th November 2012, 12:21   #169
Senior - BHPian

11.5 is a good deal. I love the Kizashi. But don't understand why its all beige on the inside. Somehow, it doesn't suit the character of the car.

And I hope it not just stock clearance. Love to see more on the road. And maybe get a pre-worshiped one in the future.
Old 13th November 2012, 15:14   #170
Senior - BHPian

I think Maruti should start manufacturing Kizashi here in India. Introduce it in the following avatars - one with a 2L 140BHP Petrol engine at a price range of 10 - 12L, and another with a 2L 140BHP Diesel mill, at a price around 12 - 14L! They have to get the initial R&D cost back, right?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 13th November 2012 at 15:21.
Old 13th November 2012, 18:00   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I think Maruti should start manufacturing Kizashi here in India. Introduce it in the following avatars - one with a 2L 140BHP Petrol engine at a price range of 10 - 12L, and another with a 2L 140BHP Diesel mill, at a price around 12 - 14L! They have to get the initial R&D cost back, right?
Unfortunately Suzuki seems to have undertaken this solely as an engineering exercise they spent nearly 10 times what they usually do to develop a new car and they have come to terms with the fact that they will never break even throughout the product's life :P and no matter what modifications they do, unless they locally manufacture this, it will never be as cheap as you want it to and once they manufacture it here, the build will be off the mark
Old 14th November 2012, 10:53   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately Suzuki seems to have undertaken this solely as an engineering exercise they spent nearly 10 times what they usually do to develop a new car and they have come to terms with the fact that they will never break even throughout the product's life
Source: http://www.topgear.com/au/photos/dri...ashi?imageNo=1

"So obsessed was Suzuki about getting this car right that it spent more than twice the amount of money - and employed twice the number of engineers - than it usually would on an all-new model.

By Suzuki's own admission, it could take 10 years for the Kizashi's development costs to be recouped - even though this model is likely to only be around for the next six years."

And here's one of my favourite shot:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread-5.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 13:28   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://www.topgear.com/au/photos/dri...ashi?imageNo=1

"So obsessed was Suzuki about getting this car right that it spent more than twice the amount of money - and employed twice the number of engineers - than it usually would on an all-new model.

By Suzuki's own admission, it could take 10 years for the Kizashi's development costs to be recouped - even though this model is likely to only be around for the next six years."

And here's one of my favourite shot:
I knew I read that somewhere :P guess exaggerated it then. My bad.
Old 14th November 2012, 16:51   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun
So obsessed was Suzuki about getting this car right that it spent more than twice the amount of money - and employed twice the number of engineers - than it usually would on an all-new model
They did get the car right. Just that they did not get the market (US) or the pricing (India) right.

But, this price-correction has ensured we now have 2 Kizashis on the forum.
@IshaanIan / Bluu, do post detailed reviews with pics of the Kizashi.
Old 14th November 2012, 19:13   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
They did get the car right. Just that they did not get the market (US) or the pricing (India) right.

But, this price-correction has ensured we now have 2 Kizashis on the forum.
@IshaanIan / Bluu, do post detailed reviews with pics of the Kizashi.
The biggest problem Suzuki have, as has been pointed out by a few here, is overcoming that mental block that people have when it comes to expensive Suzuki cars. I was talking to my brother-in-law the other day about this amazing offer on the Kizashi and he said to me "...but would you really want to spend so much on a Suzuki, after all, they aren't known for big expensive cars".

I for one, was extremely interested in the Kizashi when it was first announced but then the ridiculous pricing by Suzuki discouraged me from even thinking about it. That and the fact that there is no deisel variant killed whatever little scope the Kizashi had in the Indian market. With this discount, the Kizashi has come back into contention in a small way (as suggested by the increase in sales in October) but it might be too late for this car. It might make a lot of sense for a lot of people to consider a 2.4 litre petrol car especially considering Suzuki's A.S.S and ownership costs, but not many will dare to take the plunge. I myself am looking to buy a car in the D segment in a few months and I will be the first to admit that the Kizashi is probably the perfect car for me, considering my limited running, but am hesitant to spend my money on this car.
Old 14th November 2012, 22:35   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
It might make a lot of sense for a lot of people to consider a 2.4 litre petrol car especially considering Suzuki's A.S.S and ownership costs, but not many will dare to take the plunge. I myself am looking to buy a car in the D segment in a few months and I will be the first to admit that the Kizashi is probably the perfect car for me, considering my limited running, but am hesitant to spend my money on this car.
You echoed my current predicament. I know this car would be perfect but I am concerned on resale after few years of running as I don't know if there would be any demand with an uncertain future roadmap from Suzuki. Anyways, I plan to see if I can get a test drive in Chennai in next couple of days to make up my mind. Maybe the heart will win over the mind!
Old 14th November 2012, 23:12   #177
i2i

Ishaanlan, , Do share as to how the Bluetooth was done, was it integrated into the existing system. Secondly also share details on the modus operandi for the Aux input as well as the Reverse camera display . Was it on the existing rear view mirror , or did you opt for a separate display.
Thanks in advance.
Old 14th November 2012, 23:33   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo View Post
Thanks, if you could just let me know the name of the dealer, that would be good.
Hey I just found out, it is from Mithra agencies in Himayatnagar but don't bother calling the dealership and then asking the girl about the car, having her tell you to leave your number and that she will ask the concerned person to call you back. 7799885005 try this number. The chap's name is Narender and he is the one who will probably eventually be asked to deal with you :P He is really quite helpful and if I am not mistaken there is one pearl black cvt and that is the only car left in stock here in our city. Just call him say you want details on the Kizashi and that you understand there is a 5 lakh discount on it. Hopefully you will not have any troubles with them. Cheers!

Oh.. and let me know how it goes

Last edited by IshaanIan : 14th November 2012 at 23:34.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 14:25   #179
BHPian

Quote:
I just bought one with the 5l discount and got them to fit it with bluetooth, aux input, and a reverse parking camera for free (all of which it oddly lacked). I am really happy with the car, I bought the manual and this thing is a real joy! I'm currently shopping around for an ICE upgrade
Ishaan, congratulations on a fantastic purchase. We're looking forward to reading an ownership review from you about this. Specifically, I'm curious as to how they have installed Bluetooth and Aux In on the car.

Also, when I drove it, I found the ICE to be fantastic with my iPod plugged in - Curious to see what youre looking for in terms of an upgrade. Upgrading the ICE wasnt something I had considered at all, considering how good it was.

We're all eagerly looking forward to ownership review..!

Last edited by torquing_points : 15th November 2012 at 14:25. Reason: Grammar typo.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 15:59   #180
BHPian

team any body can list the missing features in this car like auto climate control, auto head lamps, auto wiper or start/stop button also in bangalore they are giving previous year models and not new ones

Last edited by kdeepakk : 15th November 2012 at 16:02.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks