Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 21:34   #136
BHPian

This is an awesome news. I'm off to maruti dealer this saturday to verify for bangalore. I'm actively hunting for AT sedan, and had shortlisted elantra and Laura.
Kizashi seems a mouth watering proposition. It has better road presence and a rare gem. Mileage isn't an issue since the engine is stonker.
Thanks to all for updating this tread with this info.
Old 8th November 2012, 21:53   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You do know that US is left hand drive so they really can't dump the surplus from there.
heh, didnt think of that .
Old 8th November 2012, 22:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammee
I called up a Chennai dealer today. He offered me a 5 lakh discount on the road price for a 2011 Manual Kizashi, which works out to some 16.xx Lacs. They are certainly not aware of 11.49 Lacs deal and there are no deals in Automatic model.
Click on that emailer, it asks for contact details. Also there are contact numbers of Maruti employees in this emailer. Do call them and also let us know.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:04   #139
BHPian

Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

Noticed this in the paper today here in Goa.

Kizashi Offer

Funny part is, in the advertisement, pictures of Gear Shifter, Front Seats, Rear Seats, Dashboard are shown.

What are they advertising these as? Major features of this car?

So basically they are saying "Come and buy this car..!! It has a dedicated gear shifter, places for you to sit so that you don't need to travel in buses and trains, and it even has a dashboard that you can show off..!! At this price, you won't find such features in any other car..!!"

The pictures are too small to serve the purpose of showing the customer how much premium the look and feel is..

Last edited by swarnava.m : 9th November 2012 at 11:06.
swarnava.m is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 11:33   #140
Senior - BHPian

^^^I have emailed Chowgule with the following queries :
1) Is this for the MT or AT version ?
2) Are these cars 2012 model or 2011 model ?
3) Can you give me the breakup for on-road price : ie tax + insurance + ex-showroom price ?
4) Which colors do you have ?
5) What is the delivery period ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammee
I called up a Chennai dealer today. He offered me a 5 lakh discount on the road price for a 2011 Manual Kizashi, which works out to some 16.xx Lacs.
@Rammee, could you please post here the breakup of the deal offered to you ? I need the ex-showroom + tax + insurance figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit
Click on that emailer, it asks for contact details. Also there are contact numbers of Maruti employees in this emailer. Do call them and also let us know.
I did that, but the resulting link gets blocked as a security threat.

So, now the offer is advertised in Goa too. So possibly will come to TN/Kerala too. BTW is this deal only for 2011 made cars ? If so, when we register the car, will it be registered as 2011 ? Or as 2012 ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th November 2012 at 11:39.
Old 9th November 2012, 12:35   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^
@Rammee, could you please post here the breakup of the deal offered to you ? I need the ex-showroom + tax + insurance figures.
Basically, he offered a flat 5L discount on the road price for a 2011 November MT model. The regular on-road price is 21.xxL and he said I can give 5L discount on that. I did not press further as I was more interested in an AT model.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:06   #142
BHPian

My deets from Vitesse Andheri Mumbai (got callback from Worli as well, in less than 24 hours!)
1) MT
2) 2011 manufactured
3) Didnt ask breakup but road tax is 20% not 9% :(
4) All 3 - silver/grey, white, black
5) Ready stock but based on finance and 5 days for shipment adds up to about 20 days, upfront payment will be under 2 weeks time.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:07   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Coincidentally, accompanyed a Kizashi for a fair amount of time yesterday. While it looks powerful and has presence, don't think it has any major styling cachet like say a Superb, Fluence, Vento or a Cruze.

There was a very bad-tempered looking owner at the wheel - must have heard of the 5 lakh discount :-)
Old 9th November 2012, 14:12   #144
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Rammee. That does not sound like a good deal for a 2011 car. Esp. when you compare with the Goa offer below on new (2012) cars.

The Goa folks were quick in responding and the gist is given below. Basically they are saying they have new (not 2011 model) MT cars for a Goa onroad of 13lakhs.
Petrol prices be damned - a 0-100 of 7.8secs will more than make up. And couple this with the low petrol prices in Goa, it is a double-dhamaka offer.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Suzuki kizashi is available at a special festive Offer from Chowgule Industries Pvt Ltd, Goa at a BIG BANG offer price of Rs 11.51 only for a Manual Transmission(MT). As enquired by you the on Road price of vehicle with break up details is as follows:

MODEL COST OF CAR ROAD TAX INSURANCE ON ROAD
Kizashi MT 1151106 118487 44193 1313786

All Choice of Colours are currently available for your purchase:1. Snow White Pearl, 2.Super Black Pearl, 3.Premium Metallic Silver. All colours are currently in Stock.

It may be noted that there is a excellant demand for the vehicle in lieu of the Special Offer festive launch hence stock is subject to change. Delivery period is immediate as per stock availability.

It may be noted that all vehicles are new manufactures from our Suzuki Stable.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

@itwasntme, if I had bought a Kizashi for ~20L and then I hear of a 5L discount, I would also be pretty ill-tempered.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th November 2012 at 14:24.
supremeBaleno is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 14:22   #145
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to a dealer in Delhi and confirmed it as well , 5 lacs off. the manual will work out to about 16.50 Lacs on road , i dont have a break up unfortunately. Also they are happy to set up test drives.
Old 9th November 2012, 15:31   #146
BHPian

The only Maruti-Suzuki worth buying other than the Vitara. Since it is imported we are sure that there hasn't been any compromises made, be it build or safety. And it is one hell of a machine.

I am paying a visit to the showroom this weekend. For easy haggling, I am carrying a printout of the mailer. Hope they have the AT on offer too.

Last edited by civic-sense : 9th November 2012 at 15:32.
Old 9th November 2012, 16:12   #147
Senior - BHPian

The dealerships appear to be well informed of this offer , no harm in carrying a print out but i dont think you would face any problems even if you dont. The AT is on offer as well , at least in Delhi and works out to about 1 Lac or so more than the MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post

I am paying a visit to the showroom this weekend. For easy haggling, I am carrying a printout of the mailer. Hope they have the AT on offer too.
Old 9th November 2012, 16:18   #148
BHPian

Wow! I just hope so much interest across India after the discount offer finally convinces the management to properly launch the Kizashi in India (read saner pricing and a diesel heart).
Old 9th November 2012, 18:08   #149
Senior - BHPian

the Kizashi should now easily cross 100#s in sales per month. And if Maruti get more sensible, then it could sell even more. It's now direct competition to the TSI and that too a much more hassle free brand than the manufacturers of TSI.
Old 9th November 2012, 18:41   #150
BHPian

Any idea if this offer is available in Hyderabad? This makes the Kizashi a real good option for someone looking to by a car in the D1 segment. The availability of spare parts is a concern though. Is Suzuki abandoning the Kizashi project or are they planning to continue selling it in Asia?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks