Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2014, 17:13   #406
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

Anyway, I always fill my petrol at trusted pumps where the quality of petrol is better or it is less adulterated (few select Indian Oil pumps, Shell, Essar) sometimes even going out of my way to do so. Do I really have to fill only premium fuel? If so can anyone explain exactly why since I am not driving a delicate supercar.

Well the Octane Rating on the "Regular Fuel" we get in India is lower - about 87 - than what one gets in countries for where the Kizashi was originally intended. Trick is to find a petrol pump which offers 93 Octane (some Indian Oil Pumps offer it) which is about Rs. 3 more than the Regular stuff unlike the mad pricing of the xtra-premium which in essence is only 91 Octance with other additives.

I would rather pay the Rs 3 and have the piece of mind as well as enjoy the extra kick the engine can give with the higher octane than wonder if or not the petrol I am putting in is suitable for my car or not
Old 11th January 2014, 00:55   #407
BHPian

Looks like Maruti boffins have taken up the issue seriously. Some guys from Suzuki Japan are looking into the issue. The ASC says that Suzuki is also looking into this issue directly as the car is jeopardising safety of the driver. The issue has gone to a whole new level. The brake discs have been ordered and should be arriving after uttarayan.
Old 15th January 2014, 16:46   #408
BHPian

Would like to inform all kizashi owners about known problems and solutions to them:

1) Insensitive steering on bad roads - Stabiliser bars and bushes need to be changed. (Source: IshaanIan)

2) heavy vibration while braking: warped rotors or damage to disc due to improper storage. Solution: change discs.

3) tak-tak sound on window auto up: motor needs oiling.

4) sound from suspension on bad roads and car pulling left: Maruti TSB dated june 2011 states changing engine mount to new part.

5) Horn tone not consistent: frequent issue with the low tone horn. Solution: Change low tone horn.

6) Fault codes showing up but no record in SDT: disconnect and reconnect battery. If problem persists replace battery.

7) Accelerating the car does nothing, car not revving or responding to input in auto mode but manual mode works(seen in A/T): problem with throttle body or one of the sensors reading the input from the gas pedal. Solution: Need to refer to OBD tool to identify defective component.

8) Clutch not working properly: bleed the hydraulic clutch system to get rid of air or dirt.
rockporiom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 10:18   #409
BHPian

Would like to state new issues that I have faced. The car makes a thud noise when it goes on bad roads. The service center kept saying it was normal, fed up I changed the service center and took it to another service center of the same dealer.

I showed him the problem and they also initially denied but on my pestering they agreed to open the left suspension and check it out. I left the car there as they said it would take time.What comes next is horrifying.

I call them up in the evening to know the status. The guy there said that he opened the setup and found that the tie rod was bent and the stabiliser bar was also damaged and due to prolonged use In this condition even the suspension strut and axle was damged. He went on to say that it looks like the car had a very bad fall or had a very bad impact from down.

My question how can a car which is baby'ed around and has done a mere 13000 kms in one year have so much damage. Further due to the numerous issue it had, the only trip it was doing since last 4 months was to the service center and back. My car is literally without a scratch or dent. Further why didn't the guys doing alignment in the other service center find this?

The axle also makes a grinding noise when it is climbing a slope. Also there is a strange thud that comes when the engine started. They agreed to get everything done under warranty which is kind of them as damaged parts are not covered.

Another issue that has cropped up is that the car gives jerk when shifting fron 1st to 2nd between 2000 and 3000 rpm. The solution given by service center burn the clutch or use half clutch. Plus, the lights also fluctuates when accelarator is applied. If you leave the accelarator the power goes down and if you accelarate the power goes up.

Further error codes have started cropping. Solution by service center clear the code. Result codes appear again within 2 days.

I fear I have a lemon. Found a bhpian working in MSIL R.O he is helping me in sorting out these issues. Thanks man.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread-img_2014022041575.jpg  

Last edited by rockporiom : 20th February 2014 at 10:27.
rockporiom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 14:56   #410
BHPian

Hi Rockporiom! Sorry to hear about the issues with your Kizashi. I hope they gets rectified very soon.
But I can see that Maruti Service Centres have become very incompetent these days. You give them the car for one problem and it's returned with a hefty bill and two other problems. Or is it the norm with every other company these days?

I am facing a similar ordeal with my WagonR. Gave them for clutch overhaul and three days later some noise started coming from Gearbox and for that they have to open the gearbox and god knows how many parts will be replaced. Feels a bit strange, just 45K kms run car having gearbox problems and that too just after a visit to MASS.
The new clutch has already started to judder and a burning smell is also coming from the bonnet after a drive.

The management is concerned and helpful but it ultimately comes down to the mechanic who is handling our cars. Having seen the workshop area and how these wannabe Schumachers handle our cars, I feel frightened to give my car to these people again.

Having wasted my many Saturdays visiting MASS with no positive outcome, I am left with no choice but to escalate with higher authorities.
Can you please ask the BHPian who is helping you to provide me with the mail ids of the concerned persons in my case as I want to take this issue with MSIL.
You can PM me regarding the same. That would be very helpful man, thanks in advance.
Old 20th February 2014, 16:41   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hi Rockporiom! Sorry to hear about the issues with your Kizashi. I hope they gets rectified very soon.
But I can see that Maruti Service Centres have become very incompetent these days. You give them the car for one problem and it's returned with a hefty bill and two other problems. Or is it the norm with every other company these days?

I am facing a similar ordeal with my WagonR. Gave them for clutch overhaul and three days later some noise started coming from Gearbox and for that they have to open the gearbox and god knows how many parts will be replaced. Feels a bit strange, just 45K kms run car having gearbox problems and that too just after a visit to MASS.
The new clutch has already started to judder and a burning smell is also coming from the bonnet after a drive.

The management is concerned and helpful but it ultimately comes down to the mechanic who is handling our cars. Having seen the workshop area and how these wannabe Schumachers handle our cars, I feel frightened to give my car to these people again.

Having wasted my many Saturdays visiting MASS with no positive outcome, I am left with no choice but to escalate with higher authorities.
Can you please ask the BHPian who is helping you to provide me with the mail ids of the concerned persons in my case as I want to take this issue with MSIL.
You can PM me regarding the same. That would be very helpful man, thanks in advance.
He won't be of help to you as he works in regional office of ahmedabad. But I can ask him to provide mail id of contacts in jaipur.

Agree with you on the schumacher part but they haven't dared to handle my car in a rough manner as I am very particular about it. This is the wprst experience I have ever had with maruti. There is no point in mailing contact@maruti.co.in as they redirect it to the R.O that fire the service center. I am fed up with this car and am planning to sell it off if I get an opportunity.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 14:47   #412
BHPian

Hey guys I have some great news for people still interested in kizashi. It seems maruti is giving discounts even on fresh imports. A dealer on condition of anonymity has given me the following ex showroom prices after excise reduction.

MT: Rs. 15,50,000
CVT:Rs. 16,53,000

He is ready to give me further 2 lakhs discount on the car. Please note the car is not a 2011 or 2012 model but a brand spanking new import. The total price reduction is nearly 3 lakhs ex showroom on a fresh import. I don't know why is Maruti not announcing the new prices officially.

I have been offered a new kizashi CVT for 16,00,000 on road ahmedabad which used to cost 20.64 earlier. Do note this includes 20% NCB from my current Kizashi and doesn't include municipal tax(Rs.38,000) which I am not charged due to my location.

price break up old (C.V.T)

ex showroom: 17,83,000
insurance: 58,000
R.T.O: 1,70,000 (10% )
H.C: 6,400
Municipal Tax: 50,000

Total: 20.64 lakhs

Price break up new (C.V.T)

ex showroom: 16,53,000
less discount: 2,00,000
Total: 14,53,000

Insurance: 53,000
R.T.O: 1,40,000
H.C: 6,400
Municipal tax: 38,000

Total: 16,90,000 ( cheaper than previous MT prices)

Last edited by rockporiom : 4th March 2014 at 14:56.
rockporiom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 08:21   #413
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Hey guys I have some great news for people still interested in kizashi. It seems maruti is giving discounts even on fresh imports. A dealer on condition of anonymity has given me the following ex showroom prices after excise reduction.
That's good news for folks on the lookout. As for me, what I'd like to know is, are there any changes to the car? Any added features, options, something?! Sometimes I just feel like falling to the ground, looking up at the sky and yelling out to god to give me something, just anything! the lack of aftermarket options and support for this car is driving me up the wall
Old 5th March 2014, 09:04   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom
Hey guys I have some great news for people still interested in kizashi. It seems maruti is giving discounts even on fresh imports.
I have been offered a new kizashi CVT for 16,00,000 on road ahmedabad which used to cost 20.64 earlier. Do note this includes 20% NCB from my current Kizashi
Hmm, that's interesting. I can understand discounts on old stock to move them out of yards, but for new imports ? If so, why the hell don't MSIL just make this official ? Beats me. Anyway, let me check with local dealer. BTW, I assume the CBU imports also have the same VIN format ? Just to check if the dealers are trying to push off old stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan
Sometimes I just feel like falling to the ground, looking up at the sky and yelling out to god to give me something, just anything! the lack of aftermarket options and support for this car is driving me up the wall
Aftermarket options as in ? And when you say support, do you mean service-support from MASS for the car ? Any specific support issues ?
Old 5th March 2014, 10:01   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hmm, that's interesting. I can understand discounts on old stock to move them out of yards, but for new imports ? If so, why the hell don't MSIL just make this official ? Beats me. Anyway, let me check with local dealer. BTW, I assume the CBU imports also have the same VIN format ? Just to check if the dealers are trying to push off old stock.

Aftermarket options as in ? And when you say support, do you mean service-support from MASS for the car ? Any specific support issues ?

No they are definately not old stock since the last old stock car got sold in december last year. It was a white CVT. The deal currently is too sweet and kizashi can take the place in the market that the civic had and can make good numbers that is if maruti doesn't screw up the marketing part this time. would suggest interested guys to make a quuck move since waitingperiod us 1.5 to 3 months and in june the excise might increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
That's good news for folks on the lookout. As for me, what I'd like to know is, are there any changes to the car? Any added features, options, something?! Sometimes I just feel like falling to the ground, looking up at the sky and yelling out to god to give me something, just anything! the lack of aftermarket options and support for this car is driving me up the wall
You can get many things importwd through maruti itself as accesories like monochromatic mirror, 18" wheels and lower chrome grill.

Last edited by rockporiom : 5th March 2014 at 10:04.
Old 5th March 2014, 10:47   #416
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Oh no I am immensely pleased with the service support. One does have to find the perfect service center since most of them have no technical knowledge about the car. Infact when my brake pads had worn out, one guy took the car on a test and said it seems perfectly fine to him. I said yes it still brakes better than the average car but not the same best in segment braking. Upon insistence, they opened up the calipers and said yes sir they are completely worn out. Now I go only to Varun Motors in Begumpet here in Hyderabad. I deal with the works manager and it is always the same team of mechanics that work on my car. This is a major service center (I think the biggest in hyd) and even when I don't make any appointment, drive up there and the workshop manager comes in an instant, listens to every issue, personally tests the car, stands about while the service team procures a job card etc. Really the best service I have ever encountered. They know the car, work on it with care, have no qualms in honoring warranty claims and all in all I have made a good relationship with both the workshop manager and the service team. The rest of the service center recognizes me too and really makes me feel royal

I was merely referring to aftermarket support, kits, performance upgrades, suspension upgrades etc.

Quote:
You can get many things importwd through maruti itself as accesories like monochromatic mirror, 18" wheels and lower chrome grill.
Good to know ima get in touch with you today. Want to know more details on these things

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th March 2014 at 10:50.
Old 6th March 2014, 11:52   #417
BHPian

Quote:
This is great news!
I called two dealers in Bangalore, but they said that Maruti has stopped importing the Kizashi. Bangalore Bhpians - Any idea on who I can contact?
Old 6th March 2014, 12:48   #418
Senior - BHPian

^^^ And in the Feb-2014 sales thread, GTO mentions that MSIL has pulled the plug on Kizashi (along with the A-Star, Estilo & M800). So final clearance sale in progress ?
Old 7th March 2014, 11:45   #419
BANNED

Considering the company has stopped offering the Kizashi, I highly doubt they would have imported Kizashis when there was no demand. If one can verify when these cars were manufactured that would be helpful since it just doesnt make any sense that brand new Kizashis would exist
Old 9th December 2014, 17:24   #420
Senior - BHPian

R-I-P Suzuki Grand Vitara and Kizashi

Production of the Kizashi sedan and the Grand Vitara SUV from the Suzuki stable, is rumoured to be ceased permanently. The Grand Vitara was built at Suzuki's Iwata plant while the Kizashi was being manufactured at Sagara in Japan.

Link to news article
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks