Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 11:29   #376
BHPian

Re: Legal Alternatives to Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Can you tell me from which shop you installed the ASFW Excel 70 in Bangalore and approximate cost for having it installed on a typical sedan (front, back and sides)? I'm waiting for Stay-Kool technology as well but that might be expensive as well looking at initial reports.
Car Lounge name is Kemp on JC Road Bangalore and it cost me 7K since my BIL knew the guy closely. Hope this helps
Old 24th March 2014, 16:31   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
Well I agree, the road presence and torque gives me tremendous confidence on the road. The gear shift are so seamless, its a class apart with other cars in this segment. My original choice was Honda City for couple of reasons; reliability, cruise control & pedal shift but the 2014 City turned me off. It was pretty easy to decide once I tested MY14 Rapid.

Regarding the Sunfilms, I decided to play it safe and opted for ASFW Excel 70. My original choice was 3M but I didn't want to spend 25K and run into the risk of cops peeling it off. But I definitely noticed a difference in AC performance after exposing my car to the SUN. So chilling at the moment

Thanks anyways.
Well, good for you! I suggest you post your Sunfilm ownership experience in the forum so that others can benefit. Lots of options are opening up for people who are sitting in sidelines for a suitable film.

BTW, you are not missing anything from Honda City, save for Cruise Control. Paddle shift is a novelty, thats all. It just adds to your workload. Enjoy your Rapid and drive safe.

Last edited by bsdbsd : 24th March 2014 at 16:39.
Old 24th March 2014, 16:36   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Got CR70 on the front windshield and RE70 on all other windows and rear windshield.
Thanks for sharing this in detail. Also, make sure you blur information that violates your privacy...should any law enforcer be lurking around in the forum, you will be an easy fodder.
Old 24th March 2014, 20:31   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Found this 100% transparent sun-film, not sure if this works. Thinking of trying for side glasses. Check product 2 in below website.

http://4msecuritysolutions.in/products.html

I now wonder why is 3M or other manufacturers not coming up with 100% transparent sun-film, or they already have this ?
I was quoted 95K for PPF on my Skoda Rapid by 3M. Ridiculous!!!

Regarding the sun film, I seriously doubt it provides 80% heat reduction. Even the best film from 3M, CR70 & RE70 claim 55% & 45% reduction respectively.

What's the cost 4M quotes for these? If it is anything less than 25K, I assume its fake.
Old 25th March 2014, 14:31   #380
BHPian

Anyone know how is the CR90 from 3M? I was asking for this particular film from the local 3M shop but they don;t seem to have any stock of these. I plan to put this on the front windshield only. I am not worried about the sides as I use those sticky shades sold in the traffic signals.I must say, they are quite handy.

Last edited by sukhoi30 : 25th March 2014 at 14:32. Reason: spacing issues
Old 11th April 2014, 15:36   #381
BHPian

I thought any kind of sun film i.e. any degree of transparency is illegal.
So how are companies like 3M allowed to sell and apply the sunfilm then?

According to this website sun-film was never legal.

http://lawgic.info/the-law-on-tinted...cars-in-india/

How much will it cost to replace the car glasses with tinted ones? They're legal apparently.
Old 28th April 2014, 16:06   #382
BHPian

With the raising temperatures in Bangalore, it is getting difficult to drive the car in the afternoon. Car gets heated up fast and becomes oven when parked in the open. Was looking online for some alternative for sun films (as the black screens sold on the traffic signals are of no use) and came across brica sun shades here: http://epitstop.in/Sun-Shades-catid-166740-page-1.html

As i have not heard about this brand of sun shades, it would be good to hear from the forum members about their experience with the brica brand of sun shades. So if any one has used/brought them? can you kindly advise if they are worth buying? comments on the pricing is also welcome.

cheers
Vasanth

Last edited by ant_vas : 28th April 2014 at 16:14. Reason: grammer and spelling checks
Old 28th April 2014, 18:15   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
How much will it cost to replace the car glasses with tinted ones? They're legal apparently.
I would also be really interested in this. Is this possible?
Old 29th April 2014, 17:07   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
With the raising temperatures in Bangalore, it is getting difficult to drive the car in the afternoon. Car gets heated up fast and becomes oven when parked in the open. Was looking online for some alternative for sun films (as the black screens sold on the traffic signals are of no use) and came across brica sun shades here: http://epitstop.in/Sun-Shades-catid-166740-page-1.html

As i have not heard about this brand of sun shades, it would be good to hear from the forum members about their experience with the brica brand of sun shades. So if any one has used/brought them? can you kindly advise if they are worth buying? comments on the pricing is also welcome.

cheers
Vasanth
There are several types of such rollup shades that have come up in the market now. For starters, it is not a best fit for many cars. For e.g. when I enquired about such a shade in local accessories for my elantra car, they didn;t have one which fit exactly. Secondly this type of shades need to be screwed into your window sill. I am against doing any drilling into my car even if its a very small hole. You can try to find this in your local accessory shop to see if they fit well in your car.
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 14:09   #385
BHPian

Hi Guys ,
I have seen few cars with Venetian blinds , they block the direct sunlight without impacting the view. I really like it but unfortunately i am not able to get any details on net or near by shops.

Please let me know if you know any sellers for these .

I found some selling on Amazon but its delivery only in UK.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aluminium-Ve.../dp/B007M93AA4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PVC-Venetian...02ZSFA9HN7M7MD
Old 5th May 2014, 14:19   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I have seen few cars with Venetian blinds , they block the direct sunlight without impacting the view.
Venetian blinds WILL Block the view, even when open. Please check the images in your links, and other images also.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 14:25   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Venetian blinds WILL Block the view, even when open. Please check the images in your links, and other images also.
I have used them at office , you just need to pull a string and they will open up as much as you want to you need to pull another string to close . i will try to click some Pics.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 5th May 2014 at 14:27.
Old 8th May 2014, 09:18   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
A new innovation which could help us counter the harsh summer!

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle5653217.ece
Unfortunately, available only in Hyderabad right now. Anyone from Hyderabad here got any reviews of this product?

Seriously considering driving down (or up?) there just to get this done.
Old 18th May 2014, 16:56   #389
BHPian

Hello..
Has anyone seen this, this looks like a good option

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/c...315|best_deals

This should not be against law as we can take it down as and when required. However from the picture and description I could not make it out.

Sanjubaba
Old 19th May 2014, 11:19   #390

Removal of sunfilm is a pain with all that glue it leaves behind, but these temporary vision blockers can be removed easily. That's the only difference.

You will get fined for anything that blocks the line of eyesight.
So the cop will charge you 1000 bucks(if you are in Hyderabad) & ask you not to put them up again.
Drive down a little more & you'll put them back on.
Next cop again stops you & charges another 1000.

All these methods are useless. I got all sunfilms removed except the one on the rear shield. Was worried about the defogger lines.
Anyone here who left the sunfilm intact on the rear glass & has peace of mind?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks