Old 10th May 2012, 09:13   #76

Re: 2012 Audi A4 Facelift Launched @ 27.3 - 38.0 Lakhs (ex-MH)

IIRC, fellow member V-16 had a thread reporting DSG failure on his Laura.

Edit: Here is the thread - 2006 Laura

I think he meant low end variants from Audi

Yeah its a 2006 Laura DSG. Any thing in the recent years say 2009 - 2012 ??.

Anshuman,

Any difference in the DSG from 2006 Laura to the new laura or the one you own ? I wont ask any more questions about the DSGs after your reply.

EDIT:Lets move this DSG discussion to some other thread, before the mods jump in and deal me with an infraction for going off topic.
We are already have 4 mods posting on this thread, I am playing with fire.

I know, I was inferring that AUDI giving a CVT on A4, thinks A4 is low end ?

Last edited by F150 : 10th May 2012 at 09:29.
Old 10th May 2012, 09:26   #77

Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Yeah its a 2006 Laura DSG. Any thing in the recent years say 2009 - 2012 ??.
In fact I have not heard of any DSG failures post 2010 models in either 7 speed or 6. If there is any, members may bring to notice.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:51   #78

I know, I was inferring that AUDI giving a CVT on A4, thinks A4 is low end ?
AFAIK, Audi follows this internationally for the A4. The low end variants of the A4 (read 1.8 TFSI / 2.0 TDI) get CVT, and the high end variants (e.g.; 3.0 TDI) get the S-Tronic DSG.
And that’s how I understood the statement from Anshuman as well. I doubt if he will really say that A4 is low-end (maybe he will clarify that bit)

Actually it’s a bit strange IMHO. The smaller cars like A1/A3 gets DSG even for the 1.4 TFSI range, but somehow they still have CVT for some of the A4/A5 variants.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:54   #79

Do we have any reports of 6 speed DSG failure on the forum ?
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
In fact I have not heard of any DSG failures post 2010 models in either 7 speed or 6. If there is any, members may bring to notice.
Last weekend a Laura from the forum(not mine) had clutch failure, please wait for some time for details. The failure does not look similar to the known Mechatronics issue from 7 speed 'box.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 12:17   #80

Answering your questions in the sequence in which you asked -

1) Cornering lights - My car does have the cornering lights so the answer is that probably all quattro Audis have the feature. I am not sure if it has been incorporated on the Q5 yet.

2) Alloy design - Matter of personal choice. To each his own.

3) All LED headlights - You do not get the option of all LED headlamps on the A4. Dont bother, the xenons are more than enough for most occasions besides the fact that they also look better visually than the LED treatment on the A6.

4)Exchange of old car with new one - Yes i am sure you can but i dont see the point for the very reason that you mentioned..no real change apart cosmetic & ofcourse the depreciation one would face.

5)Start-Stop technology- Oddly enough ,Audi have offered the technology on their petrol variants. (A6 3.0T has it, 3.0TDi does not as yet).
Oil burners dont have it yet but just a matter of time.

6)MMI console- The buttons you are talking about control everything right from MMI to navigation (when offered) , car settings,features the DVD player the B & O system, the bluetooth system and the works.
What you have been told is right, the 'hi-tech' console is offered on high end quattro audis. (will add a picture below for your reference )

7) Boot/ Legspace/ Fuel-tank - Increase in leg space would be hardly perceivable. About the fuel tank, i dont know if the capacity is different in quattro and non quattro audis but my car fuel-tank capacity is 65 litres in totality.

8) New headlamps - Which post or picture are you talking about ?

9) Roof antenna - The antenna is mainly for GPS and TV reception among other things. I doubt non quattro Audis have either of the features.

10) 3/4-spoke steering & paddle shifts - Which pic have i posted & where ? (if this is meant for me do you mean the pic i have posted on my ownership thread ?
The 3-spoke steering wheel is the S-line steering wheel which does not come standard. I frankly do not care about it. Paddle shifters are only offered on the 3.2 fsi, not my car. Why ???...God knows.

11) Sun-roof - Its the same. No change in dimensions.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th August 2012 at 10:01.
Old 10th May 2012, 16:43   #81

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo

8) New headlamps -
Which post or picture are you talking about ?

9) Roof antenna -
The antenna is mainly for GPS and TV reception among other things. I doubt non quattro Audis have either of the features.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my qs plaza turbo, I think Parrys has posted pictures of that on page 1 of this thread.

Do you mean we don't have any antenna or it's embossed?

I remember reading on zig wheels about the start stop feature and even audi's India website doesn't say only quattro will have all these features ( cornering lights, start stop etc)

Old 10th May 2012, 18:11   #82

Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my qs plaza turbo, I think Parrys has posted pictures of that on page 1 of this thread.

Do you mean we don't have any antenna or it's embossed?

I remember reading on zig wheels about the start stop feature and even audi's India website doesn't say only quattro will have all these features ( cornering lights, start stop etc)

Your cars definitely dont have the same antenna. As i said the one seen on high end models is for GPS / TV reception & the works.

About start-stop , be rest assured no CKD Audi has the tech so far.
It has started off with the petrol A6. (A7/A8 get it standard)
Will soon be incorporated on the diesels.
Old 10th May 2012, 19:26   #83

Here's the link to what i was referring to Audi A4 facelift Launched| Zigwheels.com, not sure why the difference is showing up between your review and this one?
Old 20th August 2012, 09:21   #84

I recently took TD of the new facelifted A4 s-line. But I noticed that the MMI control knob is placed on the dashboard near the ac controls as against what's shown in the pics ( on the central gear console). Can somebody confirm this? I asked the executive and he says, its never present on the gear console area, near the handbreak switch for A4. If so, how come its in that area in our review pics?

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2012 at 15:23. Reason: PM coming up
Old 20th August 2012, 11:21   #85

Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
I recently took TD of the new facelifted A4 s-line. But I noticed that the MMI control knob is placed on the dashboard near the ac controls as against what's shown in the pics ( on the central gear console). Can somebody confirm this? I asked the executive n he says, its never present on the gear console area, near the handbreak switch for A4. If so, how come its in that area in our review pics?
The top end mmi comes with knob near the hand brake, this is typically seen in A4 3.0 variants. The knob on the dashboard is for budget variant mmi.

Certain Audi cars have a "pseudo" type of MMI. These are the A3, A4 (B6 and B7), the TT and the R8 - when fitted with the RNS-E DVD based "Audi Navigation Plus" system. Whilst appearing to be a similar layout, and operating in a similar manner, these two systems are very different, are unable to share mapping discs or software, and are not able to control non-ICE functions (such as Climate, convenience or suspension settings).
source:

Multi Media Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by androdev : 20th August 2012 at 11:23.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 18:55   #86

A cousin is in the market for an Audi A4. The dealer in Delhi is telling him that they only have 2012 models in stock for the 2.0 TDI and he will have to wait till March if he wants the 2013 model. The discount offered on 2012 model is 2.5L. Anybody knows if 2013 models are being sold or not and if the 2.5L figure is good or not? I reckon the discount on the 2012 model should be higher.
Old 22nd January 2013, 20:12   #87

Originally Posted by Cesc
A cousin is in the market for an Audi A4. The dealer in Delhi is telling him that they only have 2012 models in stock for the 2.0 TDI and he will have to wait till March if he wants the 2013 model. The discount offered on 2012 model is 2.5L. Anybody knows if 2013 models are being sold or not and if the 2.5L figure is good or not? I reckon the discount on the 2012 model should be higher.
I was offered 5lakhs off on the 2012 A4 2.0TDi in Mumbai.There was a group buy happening for 50cars and there were talks of 8lakhs off. Don't know if it materialised though.
Old 22nd January 2013, 21:10   #88

Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
I was offered 5lakhs off on the 2012 A4 2.0TDi in Mumbai.There was a group buy happening for 50cars and there were talks of 8lakhs off. Don't know if it materialised though.

How does one get into such a group buy? Some way to connect?
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 21:55   #89

Originally Posted by navpreet318

How does one get into such a group buy? Some way to connect?
Usually friends and social circles get together for group buys. Sometimes it is an enterprising dealer who captains such a deal. It is a matter of keeping your eyes and ears open I guess. Am sure we could arrange for group buys from within our Team Bhp community as well, if someone takes an initiative.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 22:47   #90

Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post

Usually friends and social circles get together for group buys. Sometimes it is an enterprising dealer who captains such a deal. It is a matter of keeping your eyes and ears open I guess. Am sure we could arrange for group buys from within our Team Bhp community as well, if someone takes an initiative.
Idea sounds good to me, kindly keep updated if any such group but happens around.
ashthedivx is offline   (1) Thanks