Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2014, 11:56   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Car given back to Kashyap today morning with the instructions to look at the mentioned issues. Lets see what they come up with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I would suggest getting your car checked by Ishendar, he is by far the most competent SA in FASS (in Delhi) that I have interacted with. Even Rajesh is very good at Diagnosis.
Old 17th February 2014, 21:12   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

So i was right , there was a loose pipe in the turbo unit. Fixed now. On the other issues will drive and see what happens.

Lesser of my problem now , the T-Jet took a massive hit from a Santro this evening behind the right rear door , i have white paint all over the place - fortunately nothing dented but i am fairly sure i am looking at quite a few scratches . Too dark to take any photos , but going down with my kit to see what all i can remove .
Old 18th February 2014, 12:18   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
So i was right , there was a loose pipe in the turbo unit. Fixed now. On the other issues will drive and see what happens.

Lesser of my problem now , the T-Jet took a massive hit from a Santro this evening behind the right rear door , i have white paint all over the place - fortunately nothing dented but i am fairly sure i am looking at quite a few scratches . Too dark to take any photos , but going down with my kit to see what all i can remove .
I don't understand, why do they even touch the turbo pipes/hose. I can still be empathetic in my car's case as it was the third service, and all fluids/filters were changed. Thus, they might have erroneously removed a pipe/hose. I guess it was the first service of your car. At best, you would have got the oil changed.

Another problem I see with technicians is that they try to tighten all nuts/filters to as much as humanly possible. Most manuals recommend a certain torque for tightening various nuts. Don't know whether the excessive tightening causes any damage in the long run. Perhaps, I should stay away from service bay as it gives me more concerns than peace.

Hope the hit from Santro isn't too bad, and fixable.

Cheers,
Biraj
Old 18th February 2014, 13:49   #1009
Senior - BHPian

I agree , but thankful as long as its sorted out.

Hit with santro has not resulted in any dents but major paint scratches. Yesterday i rubbed out as much as i could with F1 Scratch out but still looks pretty bad, will put up a photo. On the up side , my nail is not getting caught in 70% of the scratches so that would imply a relatively easy fix for most of them.

Quote:
I don't understand, why do they even touch the turbo pipes/hose. I can still be empathetic in my car's case as it was the third service, and all fluids/filters were changed. Thus, they might have erroneously removed a pipe/hose. I guess it was the first service of your car. At best, you would have got the oil changed.

Another problem I see with technicians is that they try to tighten all nuts/filters to as much as humanly possible. Most manuals recommend a certain torque for tightening various nuts. Don't know whether the excessive tightening causes any damage in the long run. Perhaps, I should stay away from service bay as it gives me more concerns than peace.

Cheers,
Biraj
Old 18th February 2014, 17:14   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Here is one of the pictures , rest on my ownership thread.

Quote:

Cheers,
Biraj
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-damage-2-1.jpg  

Old 18th February 2014, 17:21   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
I have had one of these 3 times during my ownership.

Not very expensive to get it repaired. Each time I paid 3k to sai Colorium (they use Dupont).
Old 18th February 2014, 17:23   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Thats good to hear , what did they do exactly in terms of a process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I have had one of these 3 times during my ownership.

Not very expensive to get it repaired. Each time I paid 3k to sai Colorium (they use Dupont).
Old 18th February 2014, 17:34   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good to hear , what did they do exactly in terms of a process?
They dented and painted the rear quarter and the portion of door which had damage.
In your case there seems to be a linear dent on the door, other portion of the door does not seem to damaged, they can try using a rubbing compound. But the rear quarter needs denting and painting.

3-5k in damages for sure for you. Man I have become an expert in this, thanks to Bangalore traffic.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 18:09   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Nopes there is no dent on the door at all , that might be owing to the light playing tricks i only have scratches no dents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
They dented and painted the rear quarter and the portion of door which had damage.
In your case there seems to be a linear dent on the door, other portion of the door does not seem to damaged, they can try using a rubbing compound. But the rear quarter needs denting and painting.

3-5k in damages for sure for you. Man I have become an expert in this, thanks to Bangalore traffic.
Old 18th February 2014, 19:53   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
From the picture, it looks like most of it appears to be the other vehicle's paint. If that's the case, it simply be removed by sand paper (the ones meant for car) and polishing. Check with 3M or someone, it should cost very less. Or if you don't mind some elbow grease, you can try out this:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-39071-Scrat...cratch+removal
Old 18th February 2014, 20:00   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Fortunately two 3 M centers have opened in NCR - one in Gurgaon and one in Delhi close to where i stay , have written to them along with the pictures above to get an idea of if they will even offer to do it , once done , will probably get a personal appointment to show it and then decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
From the picture, it looks like most of it appears to be the other vehicle's paint. If that's the case, it simply be removed by sand paper (the ones meant for car) and polishing. Check with 3M or someone, it should cost very less. Or if you don't mind some elbow grease, you can try out this:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-39071-Scrat...cratch+removal
Old 28th April 2014, 14:46   #1017
BHPian

Torrid Motors, Mumbai

Today went to Fiat Torrid, Mumbai for the first time. I reached just before 9.30 am. First impression of the FIAT setup looked decent. What I really liked is that you walk into the garage to get to the reception area. Many people will probably detest it though. Although, it does look as if VW and Nissan get preferential treatment based on the service area and reception setup. However, all the three service stations are largely independent.

Till 9.30 am, there were no service advisors. However, quite a few supervisors/folks senior to service advisors turned up before Service advisors in the office. One of them Govinda prepared my job card. I was promised that once the service advisors/ mechanics are there, they would take the car for trial and let me know the problem and time to repair.

Car Problem: Bad continuous sound coming from left front suspension. I think I got the problem since after making my last Delhi-Mumbai drive.
neelchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 23:29   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Bear in mind that the 3M centres are glitzy car wash n wax joints and do not employ people with the correct skill sets required to rub/polish a vehicle to get these scratches out. You will be very lucky if they do indeed have such a person and might be better off talking to a proper paint shop set up. You could try the following places in order of increasing distance from the 3M's location but not necessarily increased skill sets.

1. Frank's garage at Ajit Arcade

2. Pandit & Co. in Okhla Industrial Estate (Phase III)

3.Multan Paint shop in Okhla (Not to be confused with Multan Auto who are also in Okhla and an authorised Maruti service provider).

4. Khan market (behind the flower nursery) you can get additional details in the NCR directory

5. Autopsyche in Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon

OR

have Kashyap's or any other authorised Fiat dealer's paint shop people do the needful.

Quote:
Fortunately two 3 M centers have opened in NCR - one in Gurgaon and one in Delhi close to where i stay , have written to them along with the pictures above to get an idea of if they will even offer to do it , once done , will probably get a personal appointment to show it and then decide.
WHOOPS

Just noticed that your post is dated February of this year. In which case, do update how and where did you get the job done. It will definitely be of help to the rest of us.

Last edited by khoj : 28th April 2014 at 23:31.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 11:04   #1019
Senior - BHPian

I never needed to go to anyone because a few days after that if you recall my post update i had a santro bang into me and crunch the daylights out of my boot and bumper - eventually everything got done by Fiat under insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

WHOOPS

Just noticed that your post is dated February of this year. In which case, do update how and where did you get the job done. It will definitely be of help to the rest of us.
Old 30th April 2014, 17:36   #1020
BHPian

Re: Torrid Motors, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
Today went to Fiat Torrid, Mumbai for the first time. I reached just before 9.30 am. First impression of the FIAT setup looked decent. What I really liked is that you walk into the garage to get to the reception area. Many people will probably detest it though. Although, it does look as if VW and Nissan get preferential treatment based on the service area and reception setup. However, all the three service stations are largely independent.

Till 9.30 am, there were no service advisors. However, quite a few supervisors/folks senior to service advisors turned up before Service advisors in the office. One of them Govinda prepared my job card. I was promised that once the service advisors/ mechanics are there, they would take the car for trial and let me know the problem and time to repair.

Car Problem: Bad continuous sound coming from left front suspension. I think I got the problem since after making my last Delhi-Mumbai drive.

Following up from my previous post.

I must say I have been absolutely charmed by their response. My car's shockers, window winders and ABS sensors were all replaced under Goodwill warranty. They themselves went ahead and did all this, while I was sitting pretty. I being a risk management guy, still would like to consider the fact that even in this, the service centre has its own benefit in mind. After all, it is going to get all the costs refunded from FIAT. Irrespective, they did a very professional job. The advisors are professional and they know how to talk well. FIAT has shown great intention of catching up on the market by sticking up with its great extended warranty policy. I wonder which other car of similar segment gets such seamless warranty approvals. Overall, I am happy. On 2nd may, Torrid Fiat is moving to a spot along the western E-way. It would get more convenient as a location. They are going to have some 10+ ramps exclusively. I asked one of the advisor if they would have the occupancy rates to justify the investment and he seemed to think that they do have enough demand.
neelchak is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks