Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 21:41   #991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post

The inauguration of these showrooms brings Fiat’s nationwide tally of independent showrooms up to 90. Broken down, these are 7 dealerships in the east, 22 in the west, 37 in the north and 24 in the south.

Fiat plans to have 10 more exclusive dealerships by the end of 2013.

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ai-364668.aspx
This is great news. Good to know that Fiat now almost has a pan india presence. I think I booked a Fiat at the right time.
Old 18th November 2013, 23:00   #992
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

FIAL if you are reading ,

Please come up with a showroom / service center in south bangalore ( jayanagar, Banashankari area )
Reaching to adhya & KHT is impossible , Vecto too is too far.
Just 3 service stations in bangalore for such a fiat population is not happening !
Old 19th November 2013, 06:26   #993
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Good too see Fiat India is putting efforts to strengthen their dealership/service center presence. Also Fiat is improving the dealership/service experience. Both are very good signs. Now we need some good products so that Fiat's fan base can be happy.
Old 19th November 2013, 08:11   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Good too see Fiat India is putting efforts to strengthen their dealership/service center presence. Also Fiat is improving the dealership/service experience. Both are very good signs. Now we need some good products so that Fiat's fan base can be happy.
Fiat India is opening dealerships left and right, although this is a good sign this however is not enhanced by the workshop experience. A visit to Fiat FB page shows the real truth.

My recent visit to the service centre showed callous attitude by the Service advisors, struggling top management to handle the cars coming for the service, feeble attempts by the managment to retain talented staff. The body workshop was in absolute shambles. I hope Fiat looks into these aspects seriously and make the ownership experience much more satisfying for the Fiat owners.
Old 27th November 2013, 10:04   #995
Senior - BHPian

Fiat to expand dealer network in Kerala

Fiat wants to expand its network in this part of the world according to a report in TOI today. They are looking at 10 towns from the current 7 in a couple of months.
The article also has some good news for Fiat and car enthusiasts in general. They plan to introduce 9 new models in India including Abarth in the next three years. (The link posted below is from the e-paper Cochin edition)

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:11   #996
Team-BHP Support

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited (FGAIPL) has announced that it has set up a free check up camp for its customers’ cars. The camp, which is a part of the company’s Century Drive initiative, will be conducted at the company’s exclusive dealerships in 74 cities all over the country over a period of two days, 24th and 25th January, 2014.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 14:09   #997
Team-BHP Support

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited (FGAIPL) has set up free check up camps at 94 workshops across India. The campaign is being carried out on the occasion of Valentine's Day and will be held on the 14th and 15th of February 2014.

Link to Team_BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 14th February 2014 at 14:20.
Old 14th February 2014, 14:26   #998
Senior - BHPian

Took my car today morning to the Fiat workshop to get a noise checked. There was a noise coming from the front suspension everytime it went over a pot hole. I was not aware of the free check up camp. But it was a nice thing. The car was checked properly inside out. Oil levels etc. Given a nice exterior wash. It took about 30 mins. They tightened some bolts around the suspension and the noise is gone. The car is booked for a 40k kms service next week and thats when they will check the issue in detail.

5 * to FIAT for organizing such camps. But i left a feedback with them stating that they should inform their customers about the same. No one in my friend circle here was aware of this. There are 6 FIAT owners (4 Punto + 2 Linea).

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 14:44   #999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The campaign is being carried out on the occasion of Valentine's Day and will be held on the 14th and 15th of February 2014.
Good for FIAT India. Should restore some confidence to existing and prospective buyers of FIAT cars.

However, on the other note, this is a case of 'dharam-sankat' for petrolheads...surely giving more attention to the car will not be very conducive for the 'other' relationship that the car owner may be having- apart from the car. That will surely not be taken too kindly

Ridiculous timing I must say.

Last edited by saket77 : 14th February 2014 at 14:47.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 17:04   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
However, on the other note, this is a case of 'dharam-sankat' for petrolheads...surely giving more attention to the car will not be very conducive for the 'other' relationship that the car owner may be having- apart from the car. That will surely not be taken too kindly

Ridiculous timing I must say.
On the contrary, the significant other might appreciate this. An evening with a relaxed man is much better than with one that's lost in "what could have caused that noise/rattle/shudder?"

Case in point - I felt the turbo-kick in my car isn't as effective as it used to be before the car was serviced. Took it to Oberoi in the morning, ever-so-competent Ishendar, took a road-test and agreed the turbo-kick/whistle seems slightly muted. He checked and found that one of the turbo-hoses wasn't connected properly (an error that occurred during service at another service center). Now, the turbo-whistle/kick is back, and along with it my smile is back. They didn't charge me a penny for it.

Just booked a table for dinner with my Fiancee. So, all three of us (My fiancee, my car, and I) are happy.

Last edited by Biraj : 14th February 2014 at 17:08.
Biraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 17:10   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
On the contrary, the significant other-half might appreciate this. An evening with a relaxed man is much better than with one that's lost in "what could have caused that noise/rattle/shudder?" ....

Just booked a table for dinner with my Fiancee. So, all three of us (My fiancee, my car, and I) are happy.
Good that it was sorted soon and for free. You will certainly look 'happier' today. We promise to keep the secret behind the happiness!
However, I pity the guy who is either stuck with his car at the check up camp when he is supposed to be somewhere else, or is informed of a 20K estimate to rectify that problem which he thought to be a minor niggle.

However, jokes apart, what kind of services can be offered in a free check up camp? We have lots of Hyundai and Maruti free check up camps in our city regularly. But if the fluid levels and battery is all that they will check, I may have been right for never turning up for these camps.
Hence, wanted to know the competence level of the free service check up camps. I am sure, not the most trained mechanics and technicians would be sent away from the main service centre to a 'free' check up camp?

Last edited by saket77 : 14th February 2014 at 17:17.
Old 14th February 2014, 18:48   #1002
BHPian

After the tata-fiat split up, there is no service center/dealership now in the 320km radius. If Fiat doesn't come up with one in the 50 km vicinity, I don't see myself retaining my punto for long. Just 1 dealer in the entire state is just pathetic. Many fiat owners I know have sold off their fiats at throwaway prices unable to deal with the situation.
Old 15th February 2014, 10:20   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
An evening with a relaxed man is much better than with one that's lost in "what could have caused that noise/rattle/shudder?"
Timeless...Biraj!

FIAT cars, WILL demand AND ensure, it gets its share of attention from the owner at least, by way of rattle gremlins, squeaky mice, purrs and thuds!

I still maintain however, that own dealership or surrogate dealership: it somewhere boils down to developing a relationship there. Awaiting brickbats here, but, I have seen that while 80% of customers behave very rudely with SAs, technicians, or workshop staff, an odd thank you or appreciation in front of the owner or the manager, makes a big difference. It will not work out in all garages, but you need to find out that garage where it works and that should normally take care of your car's well being.

This will not be and cannot be cheap: with rising salaries, cost of bribes and regulatory licenses for the workshop, but set targets, with a low selling car, it is difficult to expect FNG rates or even close to that. But at least, your car does get that little extra attention and small niggles fixed at no cost!

A knowledge of the car's history is an useful aspect in diagnosing future problems and it can happen only if you stick to a particular garage. We do have squabbles with our spouses too, so occasional squabbles at the workshop should be shrugged off as it is!

Its Oberoi motors for me at the moment even if they delivered the car after 77 days in near perfect condition! (Where is that block of wood...???)

The asymptote: paint job and paint finish! They have asked for a second chance at correcting it, and I will gladly give it to them!

Happy weekend folks....!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 15th February 2014 at 10:30.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 11:21   #1004
Senior - BHPian

This is uncanny , been felling the same thing since i got my car back from her first service sometime ago , i have not driven that much owing to work travel or been able to push her so was not a 100% sure but i do think something is amiss, the punch at 1800 is not there , the acceleration appears to be slightly muted as well , i just thought i was possibly being OCD about it but had nevertheless planned to get it checked up - now with what you have mentioned i definitely will.

Quote:

Case in point - I felt the turbo-kick in my car isn't as effective as it used to be before the car was serviced. Took it to Oberoi in the morning, ever-so-competent Ishendar, took a road-test and agreed the turbo-kick/whistle seems slightly muted. He checked and found that one of the turbo-hoses wasn't connected properly (an error that occurred during service at another service center). Now, the turbo-whistle/kick is back, and along with it my smile is back. They didn't charge me a penny for it.
Old 15th February 2014, 15:13   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hence, wanted to know the competence level of the free service check up camps. I am sure, not the most trained mechanics and technicians would be sent away from the main service centre to a 'free' check up camp?
The difference here is that the camps are held at service center. Thus, the entire staff is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Its Oberoi motors for me at the moment even if they delivered the car after 77 days in near perfect condition! (Where is that block of wood...???)
For some weird reason, I see a clear bias from Fiat India towards Kashyap compared to Oberoi. Be it transferring of Fiat Caffe to Kashyap, or presence of their team during the expo. Even Fiat people in a hush-hush tone recommend taking the car to Kashyap instead of Oberoi. Past one month, Oberoi has been struggling with procurement of spares. I won't name the source, but someone told me that your car got delayed due to Fiat's reluctance to send spares to Oberoi.

I find Ishendar, the best SA I have dealt with in the past 2 years. I just wish he had the infrastructure and support that Kashyap has. For all technical queries, Ishendar will remain my point-of-contact. For normal service, I will stick to Kashyap due to the speed of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
This is uncanny , been felling the same thing since i got my car back from her first service sometime ago , i have not driven that much owing to work travel or been able to push her so was not a 100% sure but i do think something is amiss, the punch at 1800 is not there , the acceleration appears to be slightly muted as well , i just thought i was possibly being OCD about it but had nevertheless planned to get it checked up - now with what you have mentioned i definitely will.
I would suggest getting your car checked by Ishendar, he is by far the most competent SA in FASS (in Delhi) that I have interacted with. Even Rajesh is very good at Diagnosis.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks