Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 14:51   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My friend confirmed there is NO fiat A$$ in Kottayam and that's why we used to got to Cochin. I believe he called up Kulathunkal and RF motors(?) too!
Here you go. Marikar Fiat opening shortly at Thellakom, Kottayam.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-photo0020.jpg
thoma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 15:04   #602
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Its not auto headlamps, its follow me home.
It was present since 2009
It appears someone has realised the mistake or is someone at Fiat going through this thread.

Kindly look at the earlier picture, it was clearly Auto-headlamps. The first line was written as "Headlamps that turn on and off automatically based on outside light conditions". The same has now been rectified.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sommos : 5th February 2013 at 15:09.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 15:05   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Its not auto headlamps, its follow me home.
It was present since 2009

Attachment 1046943
Actually it seems that the Fiat guys have woken up and made changes in their website. Because it was indeed mentioned as automatic light sensing headlamps till a couple of days ago.

(A screen shot before the change mentioning it can be seen on the previous page, post no.573)
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 15:32   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
It appears someone has realised the mistake or is someone at Fiat going through this thread.

Kindly look at the earlier picture, it was clearly Auto-headlamps. The first line was written as "Headlamps that turn on and off automatically based on outside light conditions". The same has now been rectified.
I am happy if indeed they are following our threads. Am sure they will get a lot of tips on everything regarding Fiat cars / websites.

One of my suggestions would be to remove the dynamic loading "price" feature from the site & dedicate a page for prices. Will surely better the load time.

Also a table comparo for different variants with "tick" marks to indicate the feature will be a nice option. Right now, the features get jumbled across variants and make it really difficult to compare instantly. Or simply re-arranging the features could help. Arrange it so that the most common features come in the top and the unique features for each models are loaded at the bottom most.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-comparison.png

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th February 2013 at 15:38.
Old 5th February 2013, 15:53   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am happy if indeed they are following our threads. Am sure they will get a lot of tips on everything regarding Fiat cars / websites.

One of my suggestions would be to remove the dynamic loading "price" feature from the site & dedicate a page for prices. Will surely better the load time.
Hey!! I was not serious when I said someone at Fiat is following this thread, but I do hope that someone really does.

I agree with your views about the time taken by the site to open up. I felt that the site is inspired (to a large extent, if not all) from the Fiat - US site. I have no idea if Fiat follows a universal design for their site across all countries.

I have also noted the jumbling of features during the comparision. I would have preferred it as "Active" plus oa listing of other features in the Dynamic variant and "Dynamic" plus listing of other features in the Emotion variant. That way it would have been easier to understand.
Old 5th February 2013, 16:34   #606
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore:

I'm sure it's already been discussed in this thread earlier but there is another Fiat showroom opening up in Bangalore on Inner Ring road just before embassy golf links. Don't remember the name but I think it was almost done.
Old 5th February 2013, 16:40   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Bangalore:

I'm sure it's already been discussed in this thread earlier but there is another Fiat showroom opening up in Bangalore on Inner Ring road just before embassy golf links. Don't remember the name but I think it was almost done.
The inner ring road one belongs to KHT Motors, the erstwhile TATA Fiat dealer in Kundalahalli near Marathalli.

This is supposed to have a bigger size caffe too. Will try and visit this one and get pics if possible.

By the way Vecto Motors too, is having a small caffe coming up in the showroom. I guess its a new mandate from FIAT to have caffe's as well in the showroom. The caffe is from Lavasa.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 17:10   #608
Senior - BHPian

The Fiat web site shows only 12 exclusive showrooms across the country.
If I remember correctly Fiat was talking about more showrooms by 31/03/2013. I am specially worried where to tke the car for servicing after 31-03-2013. I have seen a showroom at Raipur, Chhattisgarh coming up with the Fiat logo, but the same is not mentioned anywhere in the site.

They do not show Tejaswi Motors, Hyderabad; I think some showroom has already come up in NCR region including a caffe, but nothing is mentioned here; also noticed that there is absolutely no exclusive showroom in the whole eastern part of the country.

If this is the progress Fiat has achieved in one whole year, I have serious doubts about their future plans and targets. Otherwise the facts are not depicted correctly in the new web site.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-fiat-2.jpg  

Last edited by Sommos : 5th February 2013 at 17:20.
Old 5th February 2013, 17:39   #609
Senior - BHPian

Guys.
The new showrooms that are going to be opened, will they have their own service center also .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Bangalore will 3 dealerships and 3 service centers. 3 showrooms to be operational by Feb 2013 end and service centers in the next couple of months.
Where exactly are these new service centers going to come up .
I feel , along new showroom , FIAT should try to come up with service center which are easily accessible rather then opening them in extreme corners of a city .
Old 5th February 2013, 19:05   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys.
The new showrooms that are going to be opened, will they have their own service center also .

Where exactly are these new service centers going to come up .
I feel , along new showroom , FIAT should try to come up with service center which are easily accessible rather then opening them in extreme corners of a city .
For now the only 3S Center would be Vecto/Prerana Motors. Aadya motors sales outlet is in north Bangalore near Mekhri Circle. KHT Sales outlet will be on the inner ring road.

The service center for Aadya would near Yelahanka (as far as I am aware of) and KHT service center somewhere near Mahadevapura on the eastern part of Bangalore.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:58   #611
Senior - BHPian

I don't really see the reason for the excitement about Fiat exclusive showrooms and service center's, specially service center's. Fiat had their own set ups for many year's and we all know what a mess they made. The Fiat exclusive service set up in Pune is already giving nightmare's to customer's so it seems like history is repeating itself.

Fiat just doesn't have it in them to successfully manage their dealer's in a way that keeps customer's happy. Come to think about it none of the European maker's manage to do it. Fiat, Skoda, VW they all make the going tough for their customer's. I am not sure how Renault fares in this area, would be interesting to know it. How about the big premium 3? How do they manage?
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 11:25   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Fiat just doesn't have it in them to successfully manage their dealer's in a way that keeps customer's happy. Come to think about it none of the European maker's manage to do it. Fiat, Skoda, VW they all make the going tough for their customer's. I am not sure how Renault fares in this area, would be interesting to know it. How about the big premium 3? How do they manage?
Good observation & point to be noted. Design & Engineering could be the core competencies of the Europeans, customer friendliness, could perhaps be way down their list of important things. Coming to the big premium 3, I doubt if any of the owners would be themselves taking their car to the service centre. A majority of these would be chauffeur driven & the car driver would manage the services. Of course the owners would have other cars at their disposal. So when one of their cars is lying in service centre for a day or a week, won't be of much concern to them.
Old 11th February 2013, 13:53   #613
BHPian

Folks,

Have decided almost on Linea Multijet emotion and waiting for the KHT motor's new showroom to be opened at Domlur.

Couple of suggestion/Clarification needed from Bhpians.

1. Is the 2013 model comes with new Interiors ? Heard from SA that is as same as 2012 model.

2. Is it worth buying now, or wait for some time for 1.6MJT.( Already I own WagonR and This is going to be my second CAR only for highway drive, I am not at all in Urgency to buy car )

3. Is it worth buing 2012 model car ( Still they have couple in stock) with 25K discount, or 2013 model is good to go ?

Thanks
Balaji.
Old 11th February 2013, 14:13   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post
1. Is the 2013 model comes with new Interiors ? Heard from SA that is as same as 2012 model.

2. Is it worth buying now, or wait for some time for 1.6MJT.( Already I own WagonR and This is going to be my second CAR only for highway drive, I am not at all in Urgency to buy car )

3. Is it worth buing 2012 model car ( Still they have couple in stock) with 25K discount, or 2013 model is good to go ?
1. NOT yet. I guess it might hit the market in the next 2-3 months. Am sure there will be some test mules caught / announcements when it gets launched.

2. Do NOT expect the 1.6 MLD to hit the market before Mar-Apr 2014 (that's the latest I can think of). It could get delayed as well and might launch by Oct-Nov 2014). Think whether you can wait till then, if so that will be my pick.

3. Which month of 2012? But frankly, 25K is too less for a 2012 car. If we can look at a 40-50K, it makes more sense (for a Sept onwards manufactured model).
Old 11th February 2013, 15:08   #615
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - I think another showroom is coming up in Singasandra, Hosur road next to Hero Showroom

Most Viewed