Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 09:14   #571
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
In short Pandit is the Fiat whole and soul in pune. Millenium motors can be happy with Fiat caffe.
You can look forward to when Acumen's Bavdhan's facility is fully taken over by Pandit.

BTW, there are interviews taking place at Pandit Auto, Tilak Road showroom for Sales Staff for upcoming Model Colony Fiat exclusive Dealership
Old 1st February 2013, 20:56   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Along with the spree of inauguration of new dealerships, something very very positive with regard to Fiat India- The old age website has been completely revamped and the new one is up since today !
Below is a screenshot of the homepage:
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-screen1.jpg
Here is the link: http://www.fiat-india.com/
Looks really classy at first sight.

(Mods: Please do move the post to any other more relevant section if you feel so)
sandsun7 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 13:21   #573
Senior - BHPian

It finally seems things are changing at Fiat.
Visiting the Fiat site earlier seemed like going back in time.
The accesories/mercandise section is missing in the new site.

I think (not very sure) there are some inconsistency in the site.
I never knew that the Punto 2012 model had auto headlight facility, as shown in the site. However, Punto owners can tell better.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-fiat.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2013, 17:45   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I never knew that the Punto 2012 model had auto headlight facility, as shown in the site. However, Punto owners can tell better.
Yeah and Rain Sensing Wipers too
I have been servicing my car at Pandit (Akurdi Phata) which is now moved to TML's plant in Pimpri MIDC.

I was informed that Pandit would be opening 'Fiat ONLY' service center at Bavdhan.

By the way I'm quiet satisfied with Pandit's service after I shaked them up initially

Last edited by HammerHead : 2nd February 2013 at 17:50.
Old 2nd February 2013, 17:53   #575
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
In short Pandit is the Fiat whole and soul in pune.
What happened to B U Bhandari - they used to be the only decent Fiat Service centre when I was in Pune.
Old 2nd February 2013, 18:52   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What happened to B U Bhandari - they used to be the only decent Fiat Service centre when I was in Pune.
B U Bhandari is now VW sales and service.
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:28   #577
BHPian

A new FIAT showroom has opened up in Bangalore, after Mekhri circle while going towards Hebbal.

AADYA FIAT - Let me describe it for you.

The front portion of the showroom is complete clear glass, the walls are pure white, furniture is pure white, complete white lights, clear red FIAT logo in the center of the showroom, 2 cars on display, a white Punto and a white Linea. You have to see it to believe it, it looks fabulous at night! (I will try to take a pic and post it soon)

Question: AADYA is also the dealer for TATA who were selling/servicing FIAT vehicles all this while. Will there be any change/improvement now that they have a separate FIAT showroom, or does it not make any difference?
Old 3rd February 2013, 00:22   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
A new FIAT showroom has opened up in Bangalore, after Mekhri circle while going towards Hebbal.

AADYA FIAT - Let me describe it for you.

The front portion of the showroom is complete clear glass, the walls are pure white, furniture is pure white, complete white lights, clear red FIAT logo in the center of the showroom, 2 cars on display, a white Punto and a white Linea. You have to see it to believe it, it looks fabulous at night! (I will try to take a pic and post it soon)

Question: AADYA is also the dealer for TATA who were selling/servicing FIAT vehicles all this while. Will there be any change/improvement now that they have a separate FIAT showroom, or does it not make any difference?
Incidentally, I was at AADYA, Nagawara yesterday. They have a Linea on display still !
Old 3rd February 2013, 00:56   #579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
...Question: AADYA is also the dealer for TATA who were selling/servicing FIAT vehicles all this while. Will there be any change/improvement now that they have a separate FIAT showroom, or does it not make any difference?
I believe there will be more accountability to their work now onwards. Am sure Fiat didn't have much of a control all this while since these guys were more like TATA employees. How much of a change Fiat wants to bring in, is completely upto them.
Old 3rd February 2013, 08:08   #580
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I think (not very sure) there are some inconsistency in the site.
Just happened to see an undelivered Punto at the showroom yesterday, when I went to fit contoured splash guards (Absolute edition) for my Punto. I don't think it is a glitch. I think I saw an additional switch on the headlamp stalk, so perhaps the 2013 (new batch) Puntos are coming with automatic headlamp option. Might be mistaken though, if my observation was not correct.

Still, considering this feature was already present on the 2012 Linea, it wouldn't have been very difficult to retrofit this on the Punto's electrical system.

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd February 2013 at 08:13.
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:05   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a quick check on the website.

- Follow me home feature is standard across variants
- No info on Auto headlamps

I am NOT happy with the website though it looks better now. Too much of dynamic bits added which is adding to the loading time. Hope they improve it consistently to deliver a super experience on that front too.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:07   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Just happened to see an undelivered Punto at the showroom yesterday, when I went to fit contoured splash guards (Absolute edition) for my Punto. I don't think it is a glitch. I think I saw an additional switch on the headlamp stalk, so perhaps the 2013 (new batch) Puntos are coming with automatic headlamp option. Might be mistaken though, if my observation was not correct.
I think these automatic headlamps are advertised as being present in the 2012 Puntos itself. Even in the image posted above, the car has been labelled clearly as a Punto 2012 in the front.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 18:49   #583
BHPian

Just a tiny bit of info here: For east Delhi/Noida/Gzb people, Oberoi sec 63 is no longer accepting FIATs for service, instead politely redirecting to the Sec 1 outlet. Now this little workshop had a couple of good guys, who at least treated the car well. Unfortunately these guys have not been transferred to sec 1. So I guess it is Kashyap then, with Mr. OP Sharma (of HIM Motors) taking charge here.

And about the new website: I hope it's robust enough, so no hacker from within or out of country vandalizes it this time, like in late 2k11 and early 2k12.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 3rd February 2013 at 18:51.
Old 3rd February 2013, 21:55   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a chance to drop in to Prerana/Vecto motors yesterday afternoon. The work on the dealership is happening at a brisk pace. The showroom should go operational in a fortnight unless there are some unexpected delays.

The showroom has decent parking space in the front and being on the service road also helps. Not so much the case with Aadya motors dealership near Mekhri circle.

The Vecto motors stock yard will also be located very close to the dealership. A few pictures.

From the Front.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-1.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-5.jpg

The showroom space on the first floor.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-2.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-3.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-4.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 10:12   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Had a chance to drop in to Prerana/Vecto motors yesterday afternoon. The work on the dealership is happening at a brisk pace. The showroom should go operational in a fortnight unless there are some unexpected delays.
Krishna, any idea when the service center will be open?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks