Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 23:41   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Yes. From the information I have, both KHT and Prerana will be opening Fiat exclusive sales and service in Bangalore.

Note:- It is rumored that KHT's will be a Fiat Caffe.
Aadya motors too have got the dealership LOI. However, not sure as to when the dealerships would open.

Work on the Prerana Motors dealership has begun, may open by Feb 2013.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:24   #467
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Aadya motors too have got the dealership LOI. However, not sure as to when the dealerships would open.

Work on the Prerana Motors dealership has begun, may open by Feb 2013.
Where is Prerana opening it's dealership? Apart from Concorde, it seems all other Tata dealers are opening Fiat dealerships. Any idea where the exclusive Fiat service stations will be located?
Old 6th December 2012, 11:30   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Where is Prerana opening it's dealership? Apart from Concorde, it seems all other Tata dealers are opening Fiat dealerships. Any idea where the exclusive Fiat service stations will be located?
The Prerana 3S center will come on the Hosur road a bit further towards electronic city from the current Kudlu gate service center. The SA was telling its about 1.8-2 kms ahead.

Anyways will check with the guys in Prerana (sales) and update.

KHT dealership is coming near Domlur and service center near ITPL (Rumours)

Aadya will be taking care of the north regions, so expect showroom and service center near hebbal or yelahanka.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 11:38   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Prerana 3S center will come on the Hosur road a bit further towards electronic city from the current Kudlu gate service center. The SA was telling its about 1.8-2 kms ahead.

Anyways will check with the guys in Prerana (sales) and update.

KHT dealership is coming near Domlur and service center near ITPL (Rumours)

Aadya will be taking care of the north regions, so expect showroom and service center near hebbal or yelahanka.
Hmmm, looks like there are no service stations for the western part of Bangalore. Prerana has a service station in Peenya for Tata. Looks like a very long drive is compulsory for most Fiat owners living in this side of Bangalore.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:43   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Hmmm, looks like there are no service stations for the western part of Bangalore. Prerana has a service station in Peenya for Tata. Looks like a very long drive is compulsory for most Fiat owners living in this side of Bangalore.
No, it should not be a problem as there would be a service center in North from Aadya. the south west should be covered by Prerana and northwest should be covered by Aadya. But getting a service center who has the technical know-how to resolve issues is a different matter all together.

They might open a few more centers if the volumes go up.

OT: if the support for Palio/Petra is provided by Fiat in these service centers, the revenue for them should also be reasonable.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 11:47   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige

Prerana's service center is coming up a kilometer away from the kudu gate service center; towards electronic city. The SA suggested that it should be operational by Dec-Jan timeframe. Not sure on the showroom.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:49   #472
BHPian

Aadya FIAT dealership is coming near Mekhri Circle, Bangalore it seems. Plan to open in a month is what I heard from a friend.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:07   #473
BHPian

I was at Fortune Motors Thane for the Linea's 30k service. The service advisor mentioned that Fiat will move away from their showroom by March and move to Balaji Fiat on GB road.

While this is a good move from Fiat, my worry is two-some:
  1. With all existing TATA dealers shutting out Fiat, will 1 or 2 independent FIAT workshops be able to handle the sudden surge in volumes?
  2. Is Fiat charting out its future strategy by hiring a consulting firm or by keeping its ear to the ground? I sincerely hope that Fiat has their ear to the ground

Coincidentally, while I was typing this, I got a call from Tata-Fiat to give my satisfaction ratings for the recent service I went for.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:14   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
  1. With all existing TATA dealers shutting out Fiat, will 1 or 2 independent FIAT workshops be able to handle the sudden surge in volumes?
  2. Is Fiat charting out its future strategy by hiring a consulting firm or by keeping its ear to the ground? I sincerely hope that Fiat has their ear to the ground

Coincidentally, while I was typing this, I got a call from Tata-Fiat to give my satisfaction ratings for the recent service I went for.
On point 1, there is not too much of a volume to worry about to service the current Palio, Linea and Puntos. So should not be a problem as far as I see it, the service centers has only 1 or 2 bays.

On Point 2, FIAT needs to be hearing to both the management consultancy and still keep its ear on ground to make up some ground in brand image and sales too

The call on the feedback is simply irritating, similar calls too many times to collect feedback about the same thing and yet no action taken on the ground. I am not talking about corrective action, its more to do with the preventions actions taken.
Old 12th December 2012, 12:22   #475
Senior - BHPian

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...aled?fbfanpage
JEEP's Future Product plans revealed.....
Quote:
First up in 2014 will be the introduction of a single model to replace the aging Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot. Expect this crossover to be built on the same platform used for the Dodge Dart, and expect it to be primarily an on-road vehicle with a ruggedized look.

Later in 2014, look for Jeep to debut an even smaller model, meant to take on the likes of the Nissan Juke and the MINI Countryman. This compact crossover will be built in Italy, using a platform shared with the Fiat 500X, but it will come in a version for those needing both fuel economy and off-road capability.
This News is not specific to INDIA, but A Crossover based on Linea, will be a big hit in India.

Last edited by teamveevee : 12th December 2012 at 12:24.
Old 16th December 2012, 20:09   #476
Senior - BHPian

Saw a building with "Hyson-Fiat Coming Soon" banner on NH-bypass Cochin today. While travelling towards Vytilla on the bypass from Palarivattom side, the building comes up on the right hand side of the road, about 200m after EMC (which is on the left). The building is exactly opposite the huge building which is under construction on the left hand side after EMC.

I was under the impression that the showroom is coming up near Maradu. Maybe the service centre is coming up near Maradu with the showroom near EMC.
Old 16th December 2012, 22:44   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Saw a building with "Hyson-Fiat Coming Soon" banner on NH-bypass Cochin today. While travelling towards Vytilla on the bypass from Palarivattom side, the building comes up on the right hand side of the road, about 200m after EMC (which is on the left). The building is exactly opposite the huge building which is under construction on the left hand side after EMC.
Hey that's good news, my Punto's 3rd service is due by Jan 2013 and I can get it done at Hyson. Another good thing is it is closer to town, going till Maradu was a pain.
Old 17th December 2012, 09:56   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

FIAT has already signed 56 LOIs for 25 Cities already. These showrooms will be open in the next 100 days and the service centers will follow with a new CRM in the following few days.

The new CRM will be taken care of any Spares issues.

Bangalore will 3 dealerships and 3 service centers. 3 showrooms to be operational by Feb 2013 end and service centers in the next couple of months.

PS: Mr. Enrico mentioned Bangalore is a very important market and the sales numbers from Bangalore contribute a good chunk.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 10:16   #479
BHPian

Quote:
FIAT has already signed 56 LOIs for 25 Cities already. These showrooms will be open in the next 100 days and the service centers will follow with a new CRM in the following few days.

The new CRM will be taken care of any Spares issues.

Bangalore will 3 dealerships and 3 service centers. 3 showrooms to be operational by Feb 2013 end and service centers in the next couple of months.

PS: Mr. Enrico mentioned Bangalore is a very important market and the sales numbers from Bangalore contribute a good chunk.
Hi Krishna, any time line for the "refreshed" Linea and the "new" Linea ?
I assume there are no new launches in 2013 except for the Abarth.

Are there any refreshed Linea/Punto in the pipeline for 2013 before the launch of 'new' linea ?
Old 17th December 2012, 10:19   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Hi Krishna, any time line for the "refreshed" Linea and the "new" Linea ?
I assume there are no new launches in 2013 except for the Abarth.

Are there any refreshed Linea/Punto in the pipeline for 2013 before the launch of 'new' linea ?
What they mean by refresh is the model update. So expect these to arrive anytime by end 2013 or early 2014. May be the auto expo in Jan 2014 may the timeline they might be targetting.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks