Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 08:43   #436
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda
If both these news is to be believed, why do they want to move the production of Manza out of Ranjangaon plant? It is still a puzzle for me. We may have to wait and watch for the press conference.
Let us think the other way around- FIAT supplied engines and technology for TATA, together with assembling Manza at FIATs facility. I don't think many will disagree if I say that Manza was one of the better quality (in terms of lesser niggles and QC issues) products from TATA stable.

In return, TATA should have been selling FIAT cars, and we all know how that went. We have even seen many dealerships trying to convert Linea sales to Manza sales.

Now that FIAT has decided to split ways with TATA- why should it serve it anymore? TATA didn't keep their end of the bargain.

Note- FIAT still supplies more than 1.5L engines per year to TATA & Maruti. That should help it from sinking, till 2014. The main thing I'm worried about is the FIAT brand name- which is already hit rock bottom tanking even lower till newer products come in.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 21:07   #437
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
In the nighttime, with edges of those 4 huge Fiat logos lit-up in white color, this showroom looks spectacular/eyecatching/drool to say the least . Will try to post night pictures in near future.

Autocop,

You were correct it looks good at Night. Attaching 2 photos, sorry for the quality of snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-balaji-04.jpg  

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-balaji-05.jpg  

Last edited by kiren : 1st December 2012 at 21:09.
kiren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 16:21   #438
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

It has been 6 months since the news was shared by GTO. Do we have any update or the showroom list for at least the metros and PUNE ?
Old 2nd December 2012, 16:59   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
It has been 6 months since the news was shared by GTO. Do we have any update or the showroom list for at least the metros and PUNE ?
Fiat Caffe and service center is owned by same people Millenium Motors in Pune.
Old 2nd December 2012, 17:24   #440
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
They are working hard like our stupid government. :Frustrat Even the govt may reduce our fiscal deficit first.

kidding.. they might come up with some good news by feb or march.

Old 2nd December 2012, 18:52   #441
BHPian

Fiat has said they plan to have the infrastructure in place by Mar 2013, and that is still three months off. Going by various posts, it does seem things are progressing as per schedule.
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:04   #442
BHPian

Does Chennai figure in Fiat's initial plans??It's already December and I haven't seen/heard of any progress in Chennai!!

Last edited by KINI : 2nd December 2012 at 19:11.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:25   #443
BHPian

Kiren, Precisely what I was referring to, Thanks for the pictures!

IMO, this show room stands out as one of the land mark of style on Ghodbunder Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Autocop,

You were correct it looks good at Night. Attaching 2 photos, sorry for the quality of snaps.
So far neither have I seen any reports in media (newspapers) about this wonderful showroom in Thane nor have I seen a general announcement from Fiat about which cities they are targeting in the Phase1 of their sales/service network setup.

Fiat, You can't keep your plans secret. You need to disclose your plans to the customers/media and start creating/building some sort of hype thru a creative/smart marketing campaign.
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:00   #444
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Not if you observed, the FIAT workshop looks more in shambles, hope its good from inside. Also I hope Balaji Motors comes out with proper parking for the vehicles instead as seen in the pic (posted by Kiren).

Old 3rd December 2012, 16:21   #445
BHPian

Ghodlur,

That's the proposed Fiat Service Shop which is still WIP, answers why it looks in that state. As mentioned in my earlier posts, once the current accident repair operations shift to the new place, the inside work around setting up Service shop would commence. They have just put banner, however, right now its still being used as Accident Repair Shop for Tata-Fiat vehicles.

Yes, once fully ready I hope it takes care of the points you raised and stands out from competetion not just in looks but the service/facilities as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,

Not if you observed, the FIAT workshop looks more in shambles, hope its good from inside. Also I hope Balaji Motors comes out with proper parking for the vehicles instead as seen in the pic (posted by Kiren).

Last edited by Autocop : 3rd December 2012 at 16:22.
Autocop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:04   #446
BHPian

Kochi & Calicut has new Fiat dealerships coming up.

I think it's Hyson Motors at Kochi & KVR at Calicut.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 3rd December 2012 at 17:06.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:34   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Does Chennai figure in Fiat's initial plans??It's already December and I haven't seen/heard of any progress in Chennai!!
It is going to be RDC FIAT in Chennai. The showroom is almost ready and it is just a matter of time from being opened. It is located on the CIT Nagar 1st Main Road exactly at the same building where previous VW showroom was located. See the below map for reference.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-rdc-fiat.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 04:49   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda

It is going to be RDC FIAT in Chennai. The showroom is almost ready and it is just a matter of time from being opened. It is located on the CIT Nagar 1st Main Road exactly at the same building where previous VW showroom was located. See the below map for reference.
Wow,that's a pleasant surprise!!
Any idea which group the dealership belongs to??ETA group again!!
Old 4th December 2012, 09:12   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Wow,that's a pleasant surprise!!
Any idea which group the dealership belongs to??ETA group again!!
I think it is from the DSC guys. They already have DSC Hyundai in Chennai.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:49   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the announcement gonna come in the next 2 days. It would be interesting as what else is on the plate apart from the below.

1. Setting the dealerships and service centers
2. Getting the CRM up and running for the stand alone centers
3. Annoucement of Jeep forey in to Indian Market.

What they need is the small car to be launched by June 2013 and the Jeep is no way gonna get volumes for FIAT to utilize the plant capacity (subject to they get get Jeep as a CKD).

Are they gonna get any other cars from the Alfa Romeo and Maserati?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks