Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 13:45   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
May be slightly OT but Fiat India is allocating budget for its IT project mainly on CRM. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for Fiat Customers.
From where did you get this info from. The current one that they use is from Siebel (used by TATA too).

Which one would Fiat go for could be anybody's guess.

Is Fiat looking up to Accenture for CRM too
Old 29th November 2012, 14:05   #422
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
From where did you get this info from. The current one that they use is from Siebel (used by TATA too).

Which one would Fiat go for could be anybody's guess.

There was a proposal and many companies submitted a bid. Cannot disclose more information.
Old 29th November 2012, 16:05   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
No way, the Fiat workshop is totally different from Balaji Tata workshop which is bang behind the Fiat showroom. The Fiat Workshop is also behind but a different building which as of now looks like a dilipated one but sports a huge Fiat logo.

As for the pics, will try this weekend.
I dont think its a Fiat Caffe but a dedicated showroom and a workshop. Tried to attach few photos but was unsucessful due to file size more than 1.0MB. The dealership is known as BALAJI AUTOWORLD
Old 29th November 2012, 20:38   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren
... Tried to attach few photos but was unsucessful due to file size more than 1.0MB...
Open the pics in mspaint, just do a "Save As" and save the pics to another folder. The size will reduce quite a bit.
Old 29th November 2012, 20:47   #425
BHPian

The service waiting period at Dapodi,Pune workshop is gone upto 2-3 weeks. I'm spolied by maruti on quick services and I don't want give my car to pandit auto. Which other service center I can get it serviced around Pune east. This is my 2nd service and my car feeling low on boost.

Regards,
Sameer.
Old 29th November 2012, 21:44   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
There was a proposal and many companies submitted a bid. Cannot disclose more information.
Isn't it a bit late for the bidding to happen for the CRM tool now. This should have been done when formed the new entity for the sales and distribution.
Old 29th November 2012, 22:16   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If thats the case, then I should probably ask for a roll-off, and join this project!

Afterall - its a lot better than working for some random telecommunications company who wants to keep their communication channel open for frustrated customers.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 22:50   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Afterall - its a lot better than working for some random telecommunications company who wants to keep their communication channel open for frustrated customers.
The moment they open it Palio owners are gonna call them and ask them about why they have been abandoned. There will be plenty of frustrated customers.
Old 30th November 2012, 00:10   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Off-topic:

Open the pics in mspaint, just do a "Save As" and save the pics to another folder. The size will reduce quite a bit.
Thanks swiftnfurious. here are the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-balaji-01.jpg  

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-balaji-02.jpg  

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-balaji-03.jpg  

kiren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 10:57   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't it a bit late for the bidding to happen for the CRM tool now. This should have been done when formed the new entity for the sales and distribution.
If my sources are right, the bid has already been bagged by a IT biggie but not accenture.

My personal opinion is that Fiat is changing its strategy for the Indian Market like setting up separate dealerships. They would have allocated a decent IT budget for next year and hence this move.

Quote:
If thats the case, then I should probably ask for a roll-off, and join this project!

I dont think you are getting this project . OT, I am joining your company next month end. We should catch up soon.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:20   #431
BHPian

Kiren, Thanks for the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Thanks swiftnfurious. here are the photos.
The pictures may not do full justice to the looks of this Sales and Service shop, in real it looks quite wonderful. Just like Fiat's cars, this showroom has been done really beautifully and has huge road presence when compared to other competetion showrooms ( VW, Tata, Nissan, Renault, Maruti) on Ghodbunder Road nearby.

In the nighttime, with edges of those 4 huge Fiat logos lit-up in white color, this showroom looks spectacular/eyecatching/drool to say the least . Will try to post night pictures in near future.

Looking forward to know Fiats product portfolio/plans for 2013 and experience the service for my Linea under dedicated FIAT service center.

All the best FIAT and Balaji Autoworld!
Autocop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 14:54   #432
Team-BHP Support

Fiat is stopping the production of Manza at Ranjangoan plant. Seems TATA will only benefit from Fiat engines now, nothing more.

Official press conference for launching Jeep brand in India will be held in Mumbai within a week.

TATA manza will be produced at pimpri plant now.

Source- OD.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 16:52   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat is stopping the production of Manza at Ranjangoan plant. Seems TATA will only benefit from Fiat engines now, nothing more.

Official press conference for launching Jeep brand in India will be held in Mumbai within a week.

TATA manza will be produced at pimpri plant now.

Source- OD.
A good move, but worrying at the same time as the plant capacity will not even reach 10% if only Linea and Punto are produced.

So seriously wondering whether are FIAT is preparing secretly for an onslaught with a couple of small cars below punto? Makes me only ponder about what next?
Old 30th November 2012, 16:56   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat India confirmed yesterday that it will hold a press conference on the 6th of December in Mumbai to discuss the future roadmap for Fiat-Chrysler in India

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/t...#ixzz2Dhj1MNRI
Old 30th November 2012, 22:35   #435
Senior - BHPian

“I cannot launch a product without a network but am trying to speed up the entire exercise. The more we accelerate, the quicker will be the recovery,” he says, while cautioning that Fiat must resist the temptation of thinking that “we have done it”. The key is to “do things in an orderly fashion and sell as much as we can in the short-term”.

“We will have some problems in the short term when dealerships are being set up. The fate of Fiat post-2014 will be good and positive by which time we will be able to take full advantage of what we will build,” the Senior Vice-President (Commercial), Mr Enrico Atanasio, told Business Line.

This is what exactly said by Mr. Atanasio in one of his recent interview. Going by this, there may not be any new products in the near future from Fiat. Also, from what we know so far, Jeep may make its entry into India thru CBU route. If both these news is to be believed, why do they want to move the production of Manza out of Ranjangaon plant? It is still a puzzle for me. We may have to wait and watch for the press conference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks