Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 18:59   #391
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Update on Fiat Dealership in Thane,

Been to Balaji Cars Thane this week for routine check-up. The showroom on Front Side of Balaji Cars Service Center is being fully renovated. When asked, Balaji Service Staff confirmed,

1) Showroom (on front side of Balaji Cars Service Center on Ghodbunder Road, Thane) being renovated is going to be dedicated for Fiat Sales. Expected to be complete by Diwali timeframe.

2) Current body/accident repair workshop at Balaji Cars Service Centre, will be converted into a dedicated Fiat Service Centre.

3) A new body/accident repair workshop is already being built right behind the current one and near completion. The current body/accident repair shop will shift to the new place in a month or two. Once that's done, the work around converting existing body/accident repair shop into a FIAT service centre would begin.

4) The body/accident repair workshop would most likely be common for Tata/Fiat.
Autocop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 21:59   #392
gemi_kk

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Hip Hip Hurray......
Finally the Good news for Fiatians. Fiat

Fiat has finally started a service center. Need to wait and see how they start different stations in different cities.

As Fiat is back in the game, VW will start having nightmares Yeah... i am joking.

It may take more than one year + to create some decent image in the existing market. Thanks Fiat for understanding your customers. I know you already missed the train, however I wish you all the best. You can change the definition of a Car.

Old 31st October 2012, 08:36   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk
Hip Hip Hurray......
Finally the Good news for Fiatians. Fiat

Fiat has finally started a service center. Need to wait and see how they start different stations in different cities.

As Fiat is back in the game, VW will start having nightmares Yeah... i am joking.

It may take more than one year + to create some decent image in the existing market. Thanks Fiat for understanding your customers. I know you already missed the train, however I wish you all the best. You can change the definition of a Car.
It's really good and high time fiat did this. My linea is in the tata workshop for two weeks now and still waiting for spares. Any news of new service centre in Delhi?
Old 31st October 2012, 11:20   #394
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull View Post
It's really good and high time fiat did this. My linea is in the tata workshop for two weeks now and still waiting for spares. Any news of new service centre in Delhi?
@ThumpingBull, I hope you remember a pattern with movies in india.

Defining the success of a Movie?
Movie ABC: 100 days in 225 Theaters.
Movie DEF: 175 Days in 75 Theaters.
(Dont know whether this is the same all over india, but it happens in AP and Tamilnadu.)

Similarly, Fiat is planning to do the same.

100 Service stations in 1 day or something like that.
My old mech said that, there are 3-4 service centers being started in Hyderabad. Fiat is doing some Negotiations, Arranging some Inventory and other stuff. Fiat is very busy in doing these stuff and they are not concentrating much on sales too. (at this point of time.) Once service centres are announced, they are going to start the sales and advertize aggresively itseems.

This guy tried for one of those Authorized station franchisee itseems, so he had some amount of info. Again Tata has huge control in this too it seems. They are trying to help FIat in teaching Mechs (According to him)

If hyd itself is getting 2-3 ***, then Delhi being the capital of india, Also Delhi has the highest sales of cars, there should be decent number of stations starting over there.

I hope the above info is true. If not, no one can save FIAT.

Old 7th November 2012, 10:56   #395
Team-BHP Support

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/f...for-up-to-2015

IAB carries the following article, which they say is relevant to the Indian market. Somehow, I'm not able to believe them.
Old 7th November 2012, 11:39   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
IAB carries the following article, which they say is relevant to the Indian market. Somehow, I'm not able to believe them.
True, they have mentioned the source as Paultan.org, which is a Malaysian website. Paul Tan listed down models planned by Fiat Group for the next 4 years, and it looks like IAB just expanded it and added what they feel as applicable for Indian scenario

http://paultan.org/2012/11/05/fiat-g...an-up-to-2015/
Old 7th November 2012, 11:51   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/f...for-up-to-2015

Seems wishful thinking on behalf of the writer/website to expect even the so called India relevant products to be revised and laucnhed here. Hope it is true. More than 2015, I am interested to understand/see what Fiat plans are to survive until 2015.
Old 7th November 2012, 13:04   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Seems wishful thinking on behalf of the writer/website to expect even the so called India relevant products to be revised and laucnhed here. Hope it is true. More than 2015, I am interested to understand/see what Fiat plans are to survive until 2015.
New launches from Fiat stable is bound to happen.
No one is going to invest in an exclusive Fiat dealership with only two products : the punto and the Linea. Fiat must have disclosed their new launches to the prospective dealers in order to convince them of a decent product portfolio in the near future.

The main question for me is What? When? and How?
The most important aspect that Fiat should take care is a reliable service network to cater to their customers and also increase the level of QC in the products.
Old 7th November 2012, 13:17   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Complete agree with Sommos. New products are required to keep the dealers interested. Even if the dealers sign the dotted line now will get disinterested if they have only 2 products.

They are definitely working towards independent dealership + service centers. For sure I know Prerana Motors and KHT are coming up with both sales outlet + Service centers. Expect something by Jan 2013.

Get the Panda in the 2 wheel drive guise and the pricing needs to be from 4 to 6 lacs max. This will definitely get some numbers, the new Panda is difficult to be ignored.
Old 10th November 2012, 16:36   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap
Complete agree with Sommos. New products are required to keep the dealers interested. Even if the dealers sign the dotted line now will get disinterested if they have only 2 products.

They are definitely working towards independent dealership + service centers. For sure I know Prerana Motors and KHT are coming up with both sales outlet + Service centers. Expect something by Jan 2013.

Get the Panda in the 2 wheel drive guise and the pricing needs to be from 4 to 6 lacs max. This will definitely get some numbers, the new Panda is difficult to be ignored.
My linea is displaying a message "airbag failure pl see hand book" any idea what it means. The SA seems to be clueles. Car was in workshop for 2 weeks for change of bonnet, bumper and headlights. Had a small bang up! During delivery the message started appearing. The car has been checked with the examiner but no fault shown. The battery got exchanged with another car due to the efficiency of the workshop!! Could this be the reason? Can I Hav some inputs pl.
Old 10th November 2012, 19:43   #401
BHPian

Quote:
My linea is displaying a message "airbag failure pl see hand book" any idea what it means. The SA seems to be clueles. Car was in workshop for 2 weeks for change of bonnet, bumper and headlights. Had a small bang up! During delivery the message started appearing. The car has been checked with the examiner but no fault shown. The battery got exchanged with another car due to the efficiency of the workshop!! Could this be the reason? Can I Hav some inputs pl.
Even I had faced the same issue. In my case problem with Airbag control module. Airbag control module is not covered under extended warranty and price is around 10K. My service adviser told me they have to place an order and will take 10 days to get the part from Fiat. I am yet to confirm them. After diwali I will call my service adviser and tell him to place an order for me. Hope this help
Old 11th November 2012, 09:49   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull

how does the battery get exchanged due to inefficiency. it gets exchanged only due to dishonesty. your fiat service center is Upto no good.
Old 12th November 2012, 09:22   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Weak battery can cause airbag failure to pop up, are you also getting ABS failure warning light? If yes its a battery problem.
Old 12th November 2012, 09:32   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Weak battery can cause airbag failure to pop up, are you also getting ABS failure warning light? If yes its a battery problem.
As mentioned above, please check the battery first before placing an order for the airbag sensor. The weak battery throwing up this airbag failure message have been reported a few times.
Old 12th November 2012, 09:48   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Update on Fiat Dealership in Thane,

Been to Balaji Cars Thane this week for routine check-up. The showroom on Front Side of Balaji Cars Service Center is being fully renovated. When asked, Balaji Service Staff confirmed
Its confirmed that a Fiat Cafe is coming up at the location as mentioned by Autocop. They have started putting up the banners and are attempting a Diwali opening of the showroom. I guess Ghodbunder Road has become the automobile road with almost all major manufacturers having their dealers there. To name a few, Renault, Nissan, Ford, VW, Tata/Fiat, MS etc.

Most Viewed