Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2012, 19:46   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Any news of an independent dealership
opening in Delhi ?
Old 20th September 2012, 20:02   #377
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

any BHP ians have talked to any new new exclusive dealers ?
Im sure Fiat would have presented them a clear product plan / future plans for their investments for a span of say ..next 5 years?.
Old 21st September 2012, 18:59   #378
BHPian

Separate Sales and Service is good thing.
Does any one know who is in charge of quality control at Production level. If it is Tata, FIAT should take it in its hands as it is very important to have a good reliable product first so that it goes less in Service Centre for premature part failures. Also FIAT should improve parts quality.
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:34   #379
BHPian

Something i had shared from my sources couple of months back ..

Quote:
Carmaker sees rough ride for 2 years

MUMBAI, JULY 9:
Mr Enrico Atanasio readily admits that the next 18-24 months will be “tough” for Fiat in India after which things will take off.

“We will have some problems in the short term when dealerships are being set up. The fate of Fiat post-2014 will be good and positive by which time we will be able to take full advantage of what we will build,” the Senior Vice-President (Commercial), Mr Enrico Atanasio, told Business Line.

Fiat recently parted ways with the Tatas on the joint retail business model and has now decided to go on its own. This is the toughest challenge ahead for Mr Atanasio, who has been entrusted with the responsibility of preparing the new base.

“I cannot launch a product without a network but am trying to speed up the entire exercise. The more we accelerate, the quicker will be the recovery,” he says, while cautioning that Fiat must resist the temptation of thinking that “we have done it”. The key is to “do things in an orderly fashion and sell as much as we can in the short-term”.
For full article: Click here.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th October 2012 at 07:14.
FastLove is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:45   #380
Senior - BHPian

Thanks FastLove. Thought of sharing it here but, you did it .

The news which I was not aware and surprised is this.

"“We have five R&D centres in Asia-Pacific of which the biggest is in Chennai (Chrysler India Automotive) with over 1,200 engineers."
rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 22:31   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
any BHP ians have talked to any new new exclusive dealers ?
Many of the existing dealers are going to have Fiat Dealerships. The names may be different, but the (dealership) management remains the same in these cases. It actually makes sense for everyone since the dealer already has trained service people & ready stock of spares that can be readily used in the "new" facility.
Old 4th October 2012, 16:55   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Thanks FastLove. Thought of sharing it here but, you did it .

The news which I was not aware and surprised is this.

"“We have five R&D centres in Asia-Pacific of which the biggest is in Chennai (Chrysler India Automotive) with over 1,200 engineers."
Yes, the news indeed is right and I'm one of those.
21Archer84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 11:51   #383
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Yes, the news indeed is right and I'm one of those.
Man, now this is a good news. Congrats, I would love to join this auto R&D division but dont have qualifying degrees

Could you please update on what could be expected in the next couple of years? I wouldnt ask for confidential info, but, if shared, we would be happy

Any good news should be fine.

Old 5th October 2012, 12:19   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Man, now this is a good news. Congrats, I would love to join this auto R&D division but dont have qualifying degrees

Could you please update on what could be expected in the next couple of years? I wouldnt ask for confidential info, but, if shared, we would be happy

Any good news should be fine.

Nothing concrete yet on the lineup but AFAIK you can expect Jeep to be the first one to launch in India from Chrysler stable. 300c may also be launched later depending on the Jeep's share in its segment.

We have teams working on programs specific for China, but nothing for India at the moment. So expect models to be launched as CBUs initially and CKDs later on.

And there's nothing confidential here. If I know something, you would have known it much before I come across that news.
Old 5th October 2012, 22:18   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84

Nothing concrete yet on the lineup but AFAIK you can expect Jeep to be the first one to launch in India from Chrysler stable. 300c may also be launched later depending on the Jeep's share in its segment.

We have teams working on programs specific for China, but nothing for India at the moment. So expect models to be launched as CBUs initially and CKDs later on.

And there's nothing confidential here. If I know something, you would have known it much before I come across that news.
Wow.. Is jeep getting launched in india? Man, that's some good news now. I love them and always insist to drive one when I rent from hertz in US. I can't wait for the launch. Hope they price it competitively. :-$
Old 6th October 2012, 10:27   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt
Any news of an independent dealership
opening in Delhi ?
Expect an exclusive service station in Delhi near dussehra, end of October this year. And 2nd exclusive by end December-early jan. source is reliable
Old 6th October 2012, 12:04   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Many of the existing dealers are going to have Fiat Dealerships. The names may be different, but the (dealership) management remains the same in these cases. It actually makes sense for everyone since the dealer already has trained service people & ready stock of spares that can be readily used in the "new" facility.
This is my experience with an existing dealership - Concorde motors dairy circle :

There are 2 SAs for FIAT vehicles. They are always overloaded - one of them never picks up the phone ( I called him 6 times on a working day and he didn't respond or call me back. However he does call back begging for good feedback ). They don't attend to vehicles if you walk in - you need a prior appointment and taking an appointment takes about 1 week. They told me that their "Quick Service" Bay is only for filling fluids .
Quality of service is nothing great.

So if this becomes a "new" and "exclusive" FIAT dealership I wonder what will change. Probably nothing.
Old 6th October 2012, 21:34   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
This is my experience with an existing dealership - Concorde motors dairy circle :

There are 2 SAs for FIAT vehicles. They are always overloaded - one of them never picks up the phone ( I called him 6 times on a working day and he didn't respond or call me back.
I have had some not-so-great servicing experience there too. They took 3 days for the 3rd service and the reason they say is there are other vehicles. If they were going to look at my car only on the 3rd day, why not give me the appointment on the 3rd day. Very poor time management.

Anyway, good thing is (now I am guessing here), Concorde being a Tata group company (remember they only do Tata cars), they are unlikely to go for a Fiat dealership.
Old 6th October 2012, 23:13   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Anyway, good thing is (now I am guessing here), Concorde being a Tata group company (remember they only do Tata
cars), they are unlikely to go for a Fiat dealership.
You guessed right, Concorde won't be selling or servicing Fiats anymore. Hope the new exclusive dealers give us a better experience!
Old 7th October 2012, 09:51   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
You guessed right, Concorde won't be selling or servicing Fiats anymore. Hope the new exclusive dealers give us a better experience!
I just gave my Linea for service yesterday at Concorde Motors - Ambattur, Chennai . Spoke to the manager over there, it seems the Chennai - Fiat dealership is a WIP and will be up by March 2013 (as per their internal discussions)

Not sure how correct this is, but this is what I heard

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks