Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 20:00   #286
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

I believe, its a good move.Its a precursor to FIAT finally taking Indian Auto market seriously, to such an extent:That not only they will expand thier operations all across India, but would mark the possible coming of Chyrseler,Dodge,Jeep in the future.But, for all that to happen,the preliminary step is to dissociate themselves from Tata, and seek thier fortune independently. Nevertheless, wern't they did exactly that many years ago and repent, such that they had to associate themselves to Tata.Yet, one can say that times have changed.

Frankly speaking, one has a lot of respect for the FIAT brand, thier cars are beautiful , sturdy, robust. I would love to buy FIAT linea T-jet but dont have that kind of money, have been persuading my parents to buy me this car for past 5 and a half months, parents wont relent. My father loves the Hyundai brand, my mother not much concerned about cars made nowadays, I dont know why but the only car brand that she likes is Jeep. Perhaps, her predilection for Jeep is due to her driving one, two and a half decade ago when she was unmarried, and used to drive one.!!Anyways, Im stuck, my parents wont budge from thier stand and neither would I!!?
Office commute is taken care by Office transport, but for that weekend night out , one have to ask my younger brother for his car.Thankfully, he relents. Sometimes, I consider myself lucky, that I dont have a gf.!! LOL.
Old 10th June 2012, 19:52   #287
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

@ Mumbaikars, Yesterday's Punto Sports ad in DNA Mumbai does not mention Wasan Motors (at the end of the ad where all dealer names are mentioned).

Has Wasan Motors revved away from Fiat ?
Old 13th June 2012, 11:30   #288
BHPian

Its really good move but there has to be certain behavioral change also.They should start with1. Better customer focus.
2 .Availability of spares for old models like palio-the customer should not be left waiting for spares endlessly.One unhappy customer means many potential customers would run away from the fiat to the gain of maruti and hyundai.
Moreover ,they fail to respond to the new dealership queries.
I KNOW THE THEY HAVE VERY capable machines but ,I have been trying to speak to them (MR. Sachin More to be specific),but the attendant says that I should mail him the details and they would look into the matter.
I have already written him ,but didnot get any response.
I dont think this would help.
regards
praveen singh
Old 17th June 2012, 23:37   #289
Senior - BHPian

Heard from reliable sources that Fiat has closed the dealership for Chennai. Fiat no more receives new application for the dealership for Chennai. None of the existing dealers will become a Fiat dealer. Information on new dealer may be announced in few months time.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 21:42   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
Saw this news
Fiat to make a third attempt at gaining Indian automobile market share - The Economic Times

I was told by TA** that timing belt for Palio 1.6 Sports has not yet come despite ordering...
I think problem is more likely that A.S.S end not stocking spares rather than FIAT not providing them. For example; for my Palio 1.6 GTX, I had to buy timing belt and bearing from Kashmere Gate, Delhi simply because it wasn't readily available at Dynamic Automobile, Noida. Interestingly, the timing belt, which I got outside was a genuine FIAT India imported one and it has a manufacturing date of just 2 month earlier from my date of purchase ! I wonder how outside shops get genuine parts.

I hope that since new dealerships will have fewer car models to take care (No Tata cars ); they will be able to stock enough spares for old Palio lineup as well.

Last edited by neosmart : 18th June 2012 at 21:52.
Old 20th June 2012, 21:08   #291
Senior - BHPian

I am hearing news that KUN may be the Fiat dealer for both Chennai and Coimbatore in TN. Currently, KUN is the dealer for Honda, Hyundai and BMW in Chennai.
Old 21st June 2012, 12:29   #292
BHPian

FIAT-TATA breaking up - can't be sure whether to laugh or cry. I owned a Palio MJD for 4 years before moving on. The car was booked at the Tata dealer and the buying experience was more like - take it or go away. When this was pointed out to the Sales Manager, he simply told me that those who inquire about Fiat cars don't need to be pushed hard, as they go for Fiat only. And to speak about the service, once I specifically asked for the cleaning the interior of the Palio - what did I get? A grease imprint of the service guy's hand on the fabric seat.

Fiat cars may be seen less on the roads, but I think as an organisation, they are making profit. They are supplying the engines to Maruti and Tata. At the end of the day, it is the profit that counts and may be not the number of vehicles bearing the brand logo.

But, as an admirer of Fiat, I think this is a step in the right direction. Then my concern would be that whether there be a service station in 2nd tier towns?
Old 21st June 2012, 13:52   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
FIAT-TATA breaking up - can't be sure whether to laugh or cry.
They are not breaking up. The 50:50 JV will continue. Only that Fiat will have its own distribution network. Fiat will take the ownership of Sales, Service and Spares which was lying with Tata earlier.
Old 21st June 2012, 22:48   #294
Senior - BHPian

Heard from a source in VST that Fiat exclusive showrooms are to be opened by them and also KUN. Heard it would be only sales, Fiat Caffe kinda thing. No exclusive service centre it seems.

FIAT, if you are reading this, your sales would not increase one bit with just these kind of showrooms, invest on service centres instead. Your cars are good, but service is BAD.

And the person from FIAT who said that he has finished studying India and is going to take up the exam now; he sure is going to fail if this is his strategy.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 22:09   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Heard from a source in VST that Fiat exclusive showrooms are to be opened by them and also KUN. Heard it would be only sales, Fiat Caffe kinda thing. No exclusive service centre it seems.

FIAT, if you are reading this, your sales would not increase one bit with just these kind of showrooms, invest on service centres instead. Your cars are good, but service is BAD.

And the person from FIAT who said that he has finished studying India and is going to take up the exam now; he sure is going to fail if this is his strategy.
FIAT will definitely have exclusive service centres.the new dealerships will function as independent dealers tasked with sales,service and spares.fiat caffe is just a brand showcase and the dealerships will in no way be similar to that style of functioning
Old 24th June 2012, 23:17   #296
Senior - BHPian

I had got a call from the Tata-Fiat dealer I bought my car from (Hyson, Thrissur) to remind me about renewal of my auto insurance. I took the opportunity to ask them whether they will be still be servicing Fiat cars in the new scenario, say by the year-end. The caller told me they will probably not be servicing Fiat cars at the current facility, but service will be available from a new facility. From the way the caller answered, I got the impression she wasn't prepared for this question, so she was only giving what she thought is a good answer
Old 25th June 2012, 09:01   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Had dropped in to AAdya motors on Saturday to get the pricelist for the Punto as my cousin is seriously considering the Punto.

Was enquiring with the FIAT SA about the independent dealership. He confidently said, the new facility would get operational in the next 3-4 months. The facility is coming up near Yelahanka. Keeping fingers crossed.

An ocean blue punto that was being delivered looked lovely in the sunshine.
Old 25th June 2012, 09:57   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

I don't know which source in VST told you this. Fiat has clearly read out that Sales, Service and Spares will be dealt separately. The source seems to be completely ignorant too. There won't be any more Fiat Caffe's in India. Do note that India is the only country where Fiat has opened more than one Caffe's. Even if VST wish to service Fiat cars together with Tata, Fiat will not take this forward.

I got a news that KUN is not taking the Fiat dealership for Chennai. This news was received from a source very close to KUN .

Last edited by rameshnanda : 25th June 2012 at 09:59.
Old 25th June 2012, 10:40   #299
BHPian

I was at KHT Motors yesterday for Punto TD. Acording to their sales team only sales/distribution part would be taken care by Fiat. Service business will continue with TATA
Old 25th June 2012, 11:40   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post
I was at KHT Motors yesterday for Punto TD. Acording to their sales team only sales/distribution part would be taken care by Fiat. Service business will continue with TATA
Tata dealer Sales team seems to think that they have been provided with the responsibility of handling future strategy for Fiat . Pathetic situation for Fiat in the hands of Tata Dealers.

To clarify, according to the press release from Fiat-India on 02/05/2012,
"As part of the growth plans and in order to provide greater focus on the Fiat brand, Tata Motors will hand over the distribution and service responsibility for Fiat cars in India to a Fiat Group owned company being formed for this purpose."

Source - Fiat India

Let us put an end to the speculations being created from the Tata dealers and wait for the Fiat's move.
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks