Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 08:11   #196
BHPian

Re: Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!

The article clearly says

1. Hover will not be in the DATSUN scene
2. But for starting up, NISSAN will be using most of the existing dealers who are capable (financially sound & capacity) of setting up a second dealership to sell DATSUN products. Which means, such dealers will be selling NISSAN products via HOVER, and also - they will be selling DATSUN products, but from NISSAN directly.

Looks like Nissan realized their mistakes and is willing to set up a fresh sales channel managed by themselves. I think that is a good move.

Hope the little flow below clarifies the concept.

NISSAN
|
HOVER
|
Dealer XYZ's Nissan Showroom

DATSUN (NISSAN)
|
Dealer XYZ's Datsun Showroom
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 19:28   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I'm still not sure how they can cut off Hover if they are planning to sell Datsun cars through the current dealers, who are still controlled by Hover.
The dealers are not controlled by Hover. The cream of Nissan's sales management is 'outsourced' to Hover. Like booking, allocation, dispatch, logistics, parts availability and arrival and so on. Dealer's contact and communication regarding these aspects is with Hover instead of Nissan. This is where Nissan has lost its game primarily in India, I feel. And now, for Datsun, the dealers will interact with the ones (Datsun/Nissan) who manufacture the product.

I could have easily got the model and color of my choice for the Micra. Instead Hover was keeping on sending the model and color they want to sell off. They cared very little for the customer experience. If Nissan were to handle the booking, I'm sure that I would have received my choice of color, at the least in the second dispatch. Hover didn't care whether the customer cancelled the booking - this is what my common sense told me.

So by avoiding Hover, I have to guess that Nissan's/Datsun's managers will do a more committed job in catering to the customer. That means that there won't be disappointment for the waiting customer. The undue wait (sales or service) is where most customers are unhappy about.
thoma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:30   #198
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Go+ MPV brochure & specifications are now available & IAB is running a report on the same. Please refer below link for the same:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/12/d...rochure-107435

Quote:
Specs of the 5+2 people mover:
1. Nissan Micra’s 1.2-liter detuned three-cylinder petrol engine;
2. Power - 68PS & 104Nm of torque;
3. Dimensions - 3,995mm long, 1,635mm wide & 1,485mm tall;
4. Wheelbase - 2,450mm;
5. Weight - 794 kgs
6. Tyres - 155/70-R13
7. Brakes - ventilated discs at the front & drum brakes at the rear; &
8. Colours - Reddish Gold, White Solid, Silver Metallic, Grey Metallic & Black Solid.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 2nd December 2013 at 17:35.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:28   #199
RSR
Senior - BHPian

While Nissan is sure to have done loads and loads of cost cutting on the Datsun Go and Go+, not all seems to be bad.

Two noteworthy features are included on the Datsun Go and Go+, which I initially feared would be left out.

1) The very necessary rubber beadings/weather strips around the doors:

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-image.jpg

2) A tachometer - a digital one (with bars) like on the Chevrolet Beat, even if it is a tad small:

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsungompv_arizona5.jpg

I'm relieved and glad Nissan/Datsun have not skimped on these two very important features. I hope they also add a glovebox lid, put in ELR type seatbelts at the rear and use decent NVH insulation to reduce engine and external noise, not to mention provide airbags and ABS, at least as options.

First image courtesy LA Times, and the second one Autobild Indonesia.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd December 2013 at 18:43.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 14:34   #200
RSR
Senior - BHPian

ACI are reporting that Nissan are showcasing the Datsun GO in Mumbai right now:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gal...ry-367622.aspx

Is Team-BHP taking part in the event? I would love to get a first hand report on the interiors and cost cutting levels on the resurrected Datsun brand's comeback car.

Last edited by RSR : 14th December 2013 at 14:36.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 14:36   #201
Senior - BHPian

There are ads on the radio as well... I heard one yesterday late evening.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 14:48   #202
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
There are ads on the radio as well... I heard one yesterday late evening.
ACI also have a report that they are showcasing it across cities, beginning with Mumbai, Chennai and New Delhi in the first phase, followed by other cities (more than 90 across the country).

From the pictures, it seems the car is being showcased in malls. All I need to know is which one in Chennai, and I'll go there to have a close look.

Last edited by RSR : 14th December 2013 at 14:54.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 15:42   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
ACI also have a report that they are showcasing it across cities, beginning with Mumbai, Chennai and New Delhi in the first phase, followed by other cities (more than 90 across the country).

From the pictures, it seems the car is being showcased in malls. All I need to know is which one in Chennai, and I'll go there to have a close look.
Head to express avenue mall, it's on display today and tomorrow.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 16:05   #204
Senior - BHPian

Now Dastun Go based sedan is spied in Russia. Here are the images:

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsungrantabasedsedanspottedundisguised.jpg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-fou2enbhrca.jpg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-rwnt2n0_61y.jpg

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-vgj8sabtxp8.jpg

Does not look good IMO, they could have done lot better, especially at the rear.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 16:11   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Now Dastun Go based sedan is spied in Russia.

Does not look good IMO, they could have done lot better, especially at the rear.
That for sure is one of the ugliest looking sedan designed recently, I pray that it shouldn't be launched in India.
Old 14th December 2013, 18:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
That for sure is one of the ugliest looking sedan designed recently, I pray that it shouldn't be launched in India.
The 3rd & 4th pics seems to be artistic impressions/ renderings IMO, I now feel that the actual car could be bit better finished at the back, but still I am not expecting a Linea-esque rear job for the car.

I feel the rear could end up looking similar to/ inspired from the rear of the Amaze.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 14th December 2013 at 18:42.
Old 14th December 2013, 19:55   #207
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I believe the Datsun sedan spotted in Russia is specific to that market, and is based on a Lada Granta platform (just like the Datsun Go is based on a Nissan Micra platform). The Renault-Nissan Alliance either have a JV with, or own a part of Russian car maker Lada, I think.

That particular sedan is definitely not coming to India. We may instead get a sub-4m sedan version of the Go here, along with markets like Indonesia.
Old 16th December 2013, 11:43   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I believe the Datsun sedan spotted in Russia is specific to that market, and is based on a Lada Granta platform (just like the Datsun Go is based on a Nissan Micra platform). The Renault-Nissan Alliance either have a JV with, or own a part of Russian car maker Lada, I think.

That particular sedan is definitely not coming to India. We may instead get a sub-4m sedan version of the Go here, along with markets like Indonesia.
They have detailed plans laid down for the Datsun Go based sedan & MPV, which has already been posted in this thread. IMO there will definitely be a sedan, but, not sure when it will be showcased &/ or launched in India... my bet is on the showcase in AutoExpo'14, if Nissan is participating.
Old 19th December 2013, 12:39   #209
Team-BHP Support

Re: Datsun GO: A Close Look

Nissan has revealed that it has plans to introduce another Datsun hatchback, which will be positioned below the GO and cost between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 3 lakh.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 14:01   #210
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun GO: A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Nissan has revealed that it has plans to introduce another Datsun hatchback, which will be positioned below the GO and cost between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 3 lakh.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Wow, are they trying to say that Go is their 'premium' hatch?

I can't imagine another Datsun that costs 1 lakh less than the Go. What else can they skimp on the already barebones Go hatch? Even if they remove AC and PS, that'll only save ~40k. What else to remove the remaining 60k?

Probably a cylinder chopped off from the current 1.2L engine and may be canvas top and door-less frame like the Mahindra jeeps?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks