Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2013, 15:48   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!

Nissan has very limited presence all over India. I guess they have hardly 100 showrooms. In Pune at least they are situated on the outskirts & not in city. So if Nissan wants to succeed with Go, they need to be aggressive with the number of showrooms & their locations. Showroom location also plays an important part in the sales IMO. Also with Go, if it succeeds, Nissan only will benefit out of it with more customers looking at their car like Micra & Sunny along with upcoming Terrano.

The front seat of Go is really a good idea for city use. You can easily squeeze a small kid upto 7-8 years old IMO. So it can be eventually used as a 6 seater for city use.
Old 18th July 2013, 15:57   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossovers are truly the flavor of the season & now the GO undergoes the same treatment in the latest render, What do you think ?

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsungocrossrendered633927.jpg

Image Source
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 12:14   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Nissan has very limited presence all over India. I guess they have hardly 100 showrooms. In Pune at least they are situated on the outskirts & not in city. So if Nissan wants to succeed with Go, they need to be aggressive with the number of showrooms & their locations. Showroom location also plays an important part in the sales IMO. Also with Go, if it succeeds, Nissan only will benefit out of it with more customers looking at their car like Micra & Sunny along with upcoming Terrano.

The front seat of Go is really a good idea for city use. You can easily squeeze a small kid upto 7-8 years old IMO. So it can be eventually used as a 6 seater for city use.
With the launch of a mass market product like Go obviously Nissan will open up a lot more dealerships. They are now going to Tier III cities and will cover Tier IV cities as well, region by region, state by state, these things take time, in about 12 months they will have a greater dealer network across India.
Old 19th July 2013, 16:40   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Crossovers are truly the flavor of the season & now the GO undergoes the same treatment in the latest render, What do you think ?

Attachment 1112742
+1. With the 1.5 diesel it would do wonder. They can place this around 5.5 to 7 lac price bracket and kill the competition.
Old 20th July 2013, 11:57   #140
Senior - BHPian

There is no doubt that the Datsun Go is based on Micra, which could be replaced by the time it is launched. IMO this appears lesser feminine as compared to Mirca, & when viewed from side the profile appears similar to the Fabia. But, the build quality could be the catch here, with lighter build & narrower tyres, which could positively affect the performance & mileage of 1.2L petrol.

I believe, this could attract quite a few posers & racers who would love to pimp up the car with fatter tyres, spoilers &/ or few engine mods.
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:36   #141
Senior - BHPian

I had owned the Datsun 120Y and the Nissan Sunny Sedan! They sure were good companions. Quite reliable and economic to maintain as well. From the photos, I'm getting a feeling this is in competition to the Etios and would be in similar standards.
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:56   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Revive? We never had Datsun in India before. So question of reviving does not arise. The title should read more like "Nissan to introduce Datsun brand in India".
To clarify, the Datsun brand is being revived on a global level with the first launch being in India.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:02   #143
BHPian

While all commodities prices are on the rise, how can they stick to the Rs.4 lakh price tag? If at all they succeed in that what could be the outcome of that?
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:08   #144
BHPian

Good for India. Finally we see more and more car models visiting us. Instead of being a dump yard we are now market for fresh launch. Datsun Go looks more spacious than the Alto 800.
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:53   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

To keep up the hype in Datsun GO, the production ready prototypes will be displayed at select Nissan Showrooms across the country to create awareness and interest in the new brand until its launch.
No details or specifications of the GO are yet revealed.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/d...-preview-88668
Old 23rd July 2013, 23:53   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

How about a 2 door, lowered version of the GO ?

Nissan to revive the Datsun brand in India!-datsungo3dcsp2.jpg

Image Source
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 02:32   #147
BHPian

Although I shall reserve my final thoughts and comments after the launch of this vehicle, I wanted to get this off my chest.

I have been following this car very keenly, and IMHO, I just don't get the purpose of this car. It seems that all Nissan wants to offer is a large car with good interior space (and maybe a decent motor under its hood) at a cheaper price.

Nothing wrong in this, but some of the speculated cost cutting measures like no glovebox lid, no day/night IRVM, no windshield and door beading, no internally adjusted ORVM's just doesn't go down well with me. I mean due to the size and design, it will not be as easy to maneuver in the city as well (I am comparing to its competitors here). I am still willing to overlook the music pod, and that stupid front 3rd seat (I mean what's the purpose?). But somehow this car feels like a commodity to me.

I mean look at hyundai's eon. Good interiors, decent space, and all the essentials like internally adjusted ORVM's and day/night IRVM's etc. are present. Correct me if I am wrong, I think the higher models have the split seat as well. All these little things make the ownership experience a lot more pleasurable.

Nissan is going all out to revive an old brand name and spending quite a lot on marketing it. I wish they could have taken this opportunity to make a proper small car, with good space management, and some new innovative measures. This datsun 'go' feels like as if the company just told its engineers to 'hurry up and just get it over with'.

To me, the Tata nano and Hyundai eon are the better cars. They have made a real effort in designing these vehicles. The Datsun 'Go' shows that its made by the managers rather than the engineers.

I sincerely hope, I am proved wrong. I will form my final opinion after the car is launched.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 24th July 2013, 08:39   #148
Senior - BHPian

Normally, anyone should be welcoming only higher brands that offer more value for each Rupee.

Hows this 'Datsun - Go' better, when compared to a home brand that offers MUCH more value @ that price point(Indica with cr4 engine). Oh! There suddenly people find reason to criticise something that's completely subjective - Looks, Image.

Why'd I like to welcome a cheap skate brand when for what's being offered, the price seems anything but low?

Some are literally willing to pay more for less! Just because its imported tech. What is so great about the k9k engine at this state of tune? I honestly think its overrated & overpriced. Like Mahindra had the guts to call its 65bhp Vibe as a 'Sporty compact sedan' with the same K9k unit. Like Renault has the guts to price the Duster 85PS RXL (O) at almost 13.5L (OTR Bangalore).

Then we crib about the falling value of our currency! Our current a/c deficit to remain high till 2015!

If the people of any country think Phoren=Superior, then the above economic problems are just waiting to happen.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 24th July 2013 at 08:56.
Old 24th July 2013, 09:32   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Some are literally willing to pay more for less! Just because its imported tech. What is so great about the k9k engine at this state of tune?

If the people of any country think Phoren=Superior, then the above economic problems are just waiting to happen.
Agree with your view points on our affinity towards foreign technologies. I think it is not only the technology. As a customer one will give equal importance to after sales support also. eg Fiat has many technologically advanced product but their products were not successful (to the level they should be).

Currently there is no decent Indian product available for a prospective hatchback customer can choose from. There are exceptions like Tata Nano and Indica but they have their own demerits as well. Anyway let us see how our home grown auto majors preparing themselves to take own competition.
Old 24th July 2013, 09:40   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Normally, anyone should be welcoming only higher brands that offer more value for each Rupee.

Some are literally willing to pay more for less! Just because its imported tech. What is so great about the k9k engine at this state of tune? I honestly think its overrated & overpriced. Like Mahindra had the guts to call its 65bhp Vibe as a 'Sporty compact sedan' with the same K9k unit.

We should not forget that not every body is as lucky as you or me to welcome higher brands only. Even the market trend suggests so.

It is not just Phoren=Superior in this case. Nissan is doing a Maruti Suzuki in the other parts of the world.

And where was it reported that the K9K will make it to the Datsun Go?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks