Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 17:27   #121
BHPian

re: Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
Thank you . It'll be delivered in March
Congratulations. Will be looking forward to an ownership review.
In the meantime as per this article by NDTV, Lexus will be launched by August of this year.

http://m.carandbike.com/news/exclusi...n-2016-1276664
Old 12th February 2016, 17:27   #122
Team-BHP Support

re: Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs

Looks finally Lexus is coming , one of my known sales advisor at a premium car dealership was approached by local toyota Dealer for Lexus sales recently and now this article of today

Lexus is finally coming to India, and the launch is likely in August this year. Toyota Motor Corp has taken the long awaited decision to bring its luxury brand Lexus to the Indian car market. There has been speculation on this for several years, but now finally it seems that everything has fallen into place for Toyota.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/exclusive-...n-2016-1276664
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 11:34   #123
Senior - BHPian

Looks like case of one more false reporting.

If that was the case Toyota would have certainly brought in Lexus to showcase in Auto Expo 2016!
Old 15th February 2016, 13:48   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Looks finally Lexus is coming , one of my known sales advisor at a premium car dealership was approached by local toyota Dealer for Lexus sales recently and now this article of today
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post

If that was the case Toyota would have certainly brought in Lexus to showcase in Auto Expo 2016!
It might be a case of false reporting but what about the sales advisor being approached for Lexus sales as posted by Turbanator.
Old 15th February 2016, 18:45   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No , I have multiple confirmations from different contacts , one in chandigarh is coming up by present Toyota dealer , at this time they are going selectively - perhaps only One in this region. First products are from hybrid & Petrol range only - RX is definitely coming. I have recently driven RX in Canada & this can be a worthy product if they are able to launch somewhere around 50-60 Lac.

Quote:
They are big Giants as far I understand their working - every single thing is approved from top management and they are very conservative. They have not even shown LC Prado & LC

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th February 2016 at 18:47.
Old 15th February 2016, 19:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Could someone count from the first thread the number of times we have been hearing this already.

I feel it's going to be really tough pricing the Lexus competitively in India when Toyota itself has priced their vehicles relatively very high. So I'm not going to believe this unless I hear it directly from Lexus or Toyota top management themselves.
Old 16th February 2016, 00:38   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
Congratulations. Will be looking forward to an ownership review.

Thank you. Though the order is on hold for now, as there's a good possibility of getting a better variant. I'll post here as soon as its finalised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
No , I have multiple confirmations from different contacts , one in chandigarh is coming up by present Toyota dealer , at this time they are going selectively - perhaps only One in this region. First products are from hybrid & Petrol range only - RX is definitely coming. I have recently driven RX in Canada & this can be a worthy product if they are able to launch somewhere around 50-60 Lac.

They are big Giants as far I understand their working - every single thing is approved from top management and they are very conservative. They have not even shown LC Prado & LC

Yes, even I heard that Lexus is coming soon. Also the LC Prado and LC were present at the Auto Expo.
Old 16th February 2016, 09:23   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the order is on hold for now, as there's a good possibility of getting a better variant
That's news - are you actually getting Lexus - LX ? I can't think of any other variant that they sell here I believe the one you booked is with all options as standard or am I missing something ?

Quote:
also the LC Prado and LC were present at the Auto Expo.
Oh , looks I missed but there is no mention of these even here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2016-a...po-2016-a.html
Old 28th July 2016, 10:12   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Lexus's India launch is finally confirmed for 2017.

The LX SUV is most likely to be the first Lexus car launched in the country.

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-20160727125552_lx.jpg

Quote:
Toyota has however revived its plans to bring Lexus to the market and is banking on the growing number of benefits hybrid cars are beginning to enjoy in India.

Firstly, the customs duties on imported cars are lower overall for hybrids. In addition, under the FAME scheme, hybrids above four-metres long get a concession of up to Rs 1.38 lakh, which is a healthy benefit even on a Rs 1 crore luxury car. And with the ‘odd-even’ restrictions in Delhi becoming a more regular feature and possibly spreading to other cities, a hybrid car, which is exempt from the rule, is even more attractive.

It’s not clear which models Lexus will first introduce but it’s likely the company will follow a ‘top-down’ strategy and eventually bring in its entire range. First up could be the full-size LX SUV followed by an entry-level ES 300h hybrid sedan.
Autocar India
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 10:17   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Is that a grill or collapsible garage door in front of the car? Sick designers dish out crap in the guise of differentiating the brand.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 10:20   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Is that a grill or collapsible garage door in front of the car? Sick designers dish out crap in the guise of differentiating the brand.
Looks like he/she was hired straight out of DC! Heck, DC can give better grill.
amtak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 10:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a product of Innova Crysta meeting with Land Rover.
Toyota seems to be tackling Diesel car ban in Delhi in its own way.
As we are aware that things move too slowly in Toyota, the thread title is a glaring proof with 2015 mentioned still.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 10:48   #133
Team-BHP Support

Re: Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Possible launch in 2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Looks like he/she was hired straight out of DC! Heck, DC can give better grill.
Please don't mock DC. Lexus is the real thing. It can't get any better than this unless Darth Vader himself designs the grill and the cars.

Surely Lexus has some of the most tasteless designs this decade has seen. I'm afraid it might appeal to the Indian market where Chrome is in good demand.

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-lexusgxexteriorstarfirepearlgalleryoverlay1204x677lexgxgmy150050.jpg

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-lexusrxfsportultrawhitegalleryoverlay1204x677lexrxgmy160036.jpg

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-lexusgs350descriptiongalleryoverlay1204x677lexgsgmy16002501.jpg

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-lexuslx570starfirepearlgalleryoverlay1204x677lexlxgmy160041.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th July 2016 at 10:53.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 13:57   #134
BHPian

The RX and RC F are coming first. I was offered the RC F, and delivery could be as soon as end of August, which is next month. I even got a preview link to this Indian website, but it works only on one computer.

They're bringing in only 5 RC F's as the halo product and it'll be priced around 2.3 cr on road in Delhi. So anyone looking at the RC F can grab one. 😋

The LX 450d would be coming next year mostly and they're still working on the LX 570, which I do hope they bring.

Lexus - The Indian Challenge. EDIT: Launched, range starts from Rs 55.27 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1469694352.534540.jpg
Shivjeet is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 15:56   #135
Team-BHP Support

If they are serious about Indian market they should first get Hybrids and see if they can get some concessions from Government. It can be win-win for everyone. I don't see anyone spending 2,3 Cr on RCF, one can buy a discounted M4 and probably LC200 in this money
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks