Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2006, 15:00   #1
BHPian

Opinions about Skoda Octavia

Hi Guys!!!!!

We have booked a Skoda Octavia and the car will be delivered this weekend. I have been told by couple of my friends that even at minor impacts the airbags of the cars blow up and then in order to replace them I need to get the entire dash board replaced which again is very expensive. I want to know from all the skoda owners out there whether this is true. This thought has disturbed me a lot.

And any other suggestion guys to keep my car up and running for years!!!!!!
Old 22nd March 2006, 15:11   #2
BHPian

yes, the cost of spares scared me away from buyin it and I went for optra instead..
Old 22nd March 2006, 15:27   #3
BHPian

Sumit, there has been a lot of discussion on the spares of Octavia at the below thread - please take a look, and post your concerns there
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hlight=octavia
Old 22nd March 2006, 15:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery
I have been told by couple of my friends that even at minor impacts the airbags of the cars blow up
no. airbags doesnot comes up in th event of minor impacts.
there are sensors which can sense the intensity of the impact.

in simplest words, it won't come up until the impact is of enough intensity, where you would have crashed your head/chest against the steering, if you were not wearing seatbelts!
moreover, never ever let the airbags come up when you are not wearing the seatbelts! they may kill you instantly! airbags works best with the seatbelts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitdongerkery
and then in order to replace them I need to get the entire dash board replaced which again is very expensive.
no need to replace whole dashboard. if you can drive your car to the service station, then take it there and the service people will reposition it like before, if no damage has been done to the air-bags.

but be assured that you won't feel the need to take car to the service station everyday!

by the way, which Octavia you booked?
is it the RS Petrol or Rider or the evergreen 1.9TDi ??

all are very good.
but still, i am quite curious to know.
Old 22nd March 2006, 16:07   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sumit. I see you're new here. Please do a search for "Skoda Octavia" and you will find pages of results giving you all the information you need.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks