Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2016, 12:44   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee

The Jeep brand was soft-launched at Bangalore yesterday evening.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th January 2016 at 12:45.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 13:37   #167
BHPian

Watched one of the YouTube videos and man, what a joke of a presentation.

Sorry, just my opinion...
Old 19th January 2016, 12:49   #168
BHPian

And the Big Daddy of SUVs is here. Engines are massive and so is the size of vehicles.

I think these will be the new Toys on Road for Gangsters and Politicians on road to display their power.

Waiting to see one in flesh on road.
Old 19th January 2016, 14:15   #169
Team-BHP Support

Pricing would be crucial i think.. whiff in the air (though the Jeep guys were absolutely tight lipped about this), says the cheaper wrangler would be 35-40 lakhs and Cherokee 65-70+. If that is the case then Jeep as a brand has a very uphill task finding traction in our Indian terrain.

Wrangler (i had experience in person before also) is practically a 2 adults capacity for regular use and more of a recreation vehicle. Rear seats are strictly for short journeys or for young ones. Quite basic in nature and features. Personally would not look at it for more than 20 Lakh OTR. And if i am really buying i would wait few years for it to come at a much lesser cost into used car market

Overall the event was a short and sweet event, the guys were knowledgeable enough to explain the vehicles to the people checking them out.

Disclaimer: I had gone as a guest in my non TBHP mod capacity
Jaggu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 14:23   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Wrangler (i had experience in person before also) is practically a 2 adults capacity for regular use and more of a recreation vehicle. Rear seats are strictly for short journeys or for young ones. Quite basic in nature and features. Personally would not look at it for more than 20 Lakh OTR. And if i am really buying i would wait few years for it to come at a much lesser cost into used car market
As CBUs, wouldn't these be more difficult to live with off road than our desi 4x4s. Speaking from the repair-ability p-o-v. It could be a while before the parts arrive.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 18:15   #171
BHPian

The rumour I have heard is that they will also be launching a 2.8 litre, in-line 6, diesel engine putting out 200 bhp for the Wrangler, with auto transmission. It will be priced around 32 lakh ex-showroom in Bangalore and 45+ lakh on road. It will also be imported as a fully built unit.
Old 22nd January 2016, 20:55   #172
BHPian

I was at Fiat Jay-Vijay motors today to pick up my Linea from servicing. I had some wait time to pick up my car so got chatting with the staff there about the Jeep being launched. To my surprise, they said that the Grand Cherokee was in the service centre the other day (they showed me pics, mostly of them posing with the car) and would be stopping by today evening.

Also, they mentioned that it would be priced around 85 lacs. Not sure if this is accurate information, but thought of sharing it with everyone.
Old 22nd January 2016, 21:05   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen View Post
Also, they mentioned that it would be priced around 85 lacs. Not sure if this is accurate information, but thought of sharing it with everyone.
Maybe not that much, but close to it.

Good luck to them - they will need it!

Edited to Add: Maybe they meant the GC SRT??

Quote:
Pricing would be crucial i think.. whiff in the air (though the Jeep guys were absolutely tight lipped about this), says the cheaper wrangler would be 35-40 lakhs and Cherokee 65-70+. If that is the case then Jeep as a brand has a very uphill task finding traction in our Indian terrain.
That pricing was also what was told to me by F-C (Jeep) reps, and they will find it quite tough!

Quote:
Personally would not look at it for more than 20 Lakh OTR. And if i am really buying i would wait few years for it to come at a much lesser cost into used car market
I would agree with your pricing value as well.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 22nd January 2016 at 21:09.
Old 24th January 2016, 07:34   #174
BHPian

The Jeep Wrangler & Grand Cherokee caught testing on Indian roads

The Jeep Wrangler & Grand Cherokee caught testing on Indian roads

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-cherooke.png

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-w.png

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-w1.png

Last edited by ampere : 24th January 2016 at 08:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged
hellletloose is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 08:27   #175
BHPian

I went to the local fiat dealership in nerchowk mandi HP , to enquire about 16" alloys for my punto evo ,while I was discussing the issue with the owner , I saw 2 Jeep wranglers & 2 Grand Cherokee halt by the fiat dealership .I had a brief talk with the guy driving one of the jeep wranglers, he told me that these jeeps are to be launched at the Auto Expo-2016 at New Delhi.

those who view driving simply as a means of getting from one place to the next should look elsewhere, because the Wrangler is for those who seek adventure, those who have an interest in taking their vehicle places they've never gone before, and those who enjoy driving for no reason other than to be out in the great outdoors.

Some think of a Wrangler basically as a crude form of SUV. But the Wrangler is more about attitude and less about practicality than most other SUVs on the market. In fact, Jeep put "utility" in the sport-utility vehicle and called it a Wrangler. With removable doors, a fold-down windshield, removable top, replacement half-doors, holes in the floorboards for hosing out the interior when it's dirty - now that's utility! In sum, a Jeep Wrangler gives you the ability to express yourself, and allows you the freedom to drive anywhere you want to drive. It's the ultimate "go anywhere, do anything" vehicle! Buying a Jeep also admits you into an extremely active and public fraternity. Whether you're young in age or young at heart, it's the youthful sense of adventure that make a Wrangler a great vehicle to own.

more pics to follow & I am open to questions if you have any .....

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-1.png

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-2.png

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-3.png

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-4.png

Name:  5.png
Views: 2677
Size:  1.01 MB

Last edited by ampere : 24th January 2016 at 08:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged
hellletloose is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 10:04   #176
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
re: The Jeep Wrangler & Cherokee caught testing on Indian roads

It is not Jeep Cherokee - it is Cherokee.
Please make the correction on the thread title.
Old 24th January 2016, 10:37   #177
BHPian

I may be the first one here to click them on the road i guess, somewhere in himachal,the fiat guys tried to shove me off ,from taking pics but i took them still.
"to see one in flesh on road" as xs2mayank puts it....& I've some info too, I am open to questions , if any...
Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-w1.png

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-w.png

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-cherooke.png

Last edited by hellletloose : 24th January 2016 at 10:55.
hellletloose is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 10:43   #178
BHPian

Re: The Jeep Wrangler & Cherokee caught testing on Indian roads

Great pictures!
The Jeep Wrangler looks amazing in White. The Grey shade looks a bit dull. Hope it comes in Bright Red, Deep Blue and Matte Black as colour options.
The Cherokee looks like a streched TUV 300!
Old 24th January 2016, 11:04   #179
BHPian

Re: The Jeep Wrangler & Grand Cherokee caught testing on Indian roads

Now, this is the SUV! Not the urban crossovers which neither have a utility nor sport any looks!

Get this with a sensible pricing [ And Service- The hard Indian terrain is bound to throw in some challenges] and BANGG , I see the skyrocketing sales of Fiat India!

I pray the FI to get it ASAP ! Absolute Treat to Eyes ..
Old 24th January 2016, 11:24   #180
BHPian

Re: The Jeep Wrangler & Grand Cherokee caught testing on Indian roads

These days whenever I hear news of "Jeep" brand, this song comes to my mind - "I made a mistake I bought a Jeep, Don't you make the mistake...."
which was made by a frustrated owner due to poor service provided to him by FCA. It's been a time since it went viral but still can't get the lyrics out of my mind!

Call it the power of social media but can it effect any brand, and how!!

Sorry for going OT.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 24th January 2016 at 11:33. Reason: Added an apology in advance for going Off-topic along with an I'm Stupid tag :-P
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks