Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 11:36   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

Can we have threads by manufacturers please?
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 12:01   #182
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I agree.

It would be good, if we have separate threads, with any specific kinda naming standard. An example "[Auto Expo 2014] [Manufacturer]"

As we have only a ~dozen and a half manufactures. it shouldn't be very difficult for mods/viewers to navigate to specific threads.

By doing so, Each thread will be the source for the most intuitive discussions for particular brand & models, which is what everyone wants. Each thread will become a wiki for a brand's future plans, suggestions & comments.

Old 5th February 2014, 12:05   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
No,i don't think so there is any special criteria. If there would have been one, 500/- tickets would have been not be available on bookmyshow/metro stations.

Mad rush? how bad is it? I am planning to visit on the 8th.
Last year even on a working day the rush was so much that at some halls even getting a glimpse of the car was difficult.
But last year the Auto Expo was held at Pragati Maidan, which was easily accessible by Metro, so it was a great time pass destination for many.

But this year it is being held at greater noida, where the connectivity is not that great, so I expect lesser & more serious visitors only. But still I feel the foot fall is definitely going to be heavy.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 12:32   #184
BHPian

Looking forward to pictures and details of the concept cars showcased by Maruti. I really like the SX4 S-Cross

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...s-cross-379630
Old 5th February 2014, 13:31   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I think it will happen any ways. Didn't have time to check but, if my memory serves me correctly, I think that's what happened the last time, the entire event was covered in the mega thread with subsequent threads dedicated to major manufacturers. Don't remember if it happened real time or not though.

Yep I was right, in fact it wasn't just restricted to manufacturers but also specific major launches check out the link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/search...rchid=21068497

Last edited by da_lowrider : 5th February 2014 at 13:34. Reason: added more information
Old 5th February 2014, 14:28   #186
BHPian

SX4 crossover looks Fab!! I only hope they actually launch this in the market and it doesn't become one of those never launched concept cars.

BTW, isn't there a SX4 hatch with a 4X4 in some countries. How is this crossover concept different from it. I know one is called a hatch and other a cross, but just thinking aloud if there is a pronounced difference between the two.
Old 5th February 2014, 14:44   #187
gemi_kk

Hero has launched a new version of Splendor, Called Pro Classic.

This is basically a splendor with a Continental GT seat. May be it qualifies for "The Official Joke thread"

source : http://www.vicky.in/blog/hero-splend...cture-gallery/

Tata Nexon seems to be a promising product. I hope they launch it.
source: http://www.vicky.in/blog/tata-unveils-nexon-auto-expo/
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 14:47   #188
BHPian

The all-new Corolla Altis has been launched by Toyota (via @Toyota_India)
Attached Thumbnails
The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-toyotacorolla.jpg  

rshanker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 14:58   #189
Senior - BHPian

The S-Cross from Suzuki looks a bit plain jane to be honest. It looks too much like an SX4 and as a result, does not have the freshness of the other new compact crossovers.

The Ciaz concept on the other hand, has a sleek look about it. Suzuki does have a habit of toning down excellent concept cars into ordinary looking showroom versions, a la the Kizashi. Lets hope they reverse that trend.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:03   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
SX4 crossover looks Fab!! I only hope they actually launch this in the market and it doesn't become one of those never launched concept cars.

BTW, isn't there a SX4 hatch with a 4X4 in some countries. How is this crossover concept different from it. I know one is called a hatch and other a cross, but just thinking aloud if there is a pronounced difference between the two.
Crossovers are generally the traditional station-wagons, with SUV like features.
  • While a hatchback is a 2-box automobile with A, B & C pillars, a station-wagon is also a 2-box automobile but with A, B,C and D pillars.
  • The actual cargo box (third box) from a 3-box sedan is taken inside the car to make the station wagon look like an extended hatchback.

Tata's Indigo Marina and Fiat's Siena Weekend are some of the station wagons that were seen on the Indian roads in the last decade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...gon-india.html
Coolman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:09   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
Crossovers are generally the traditional station-wagons, with SUV like features.
  • While a hatchback is a 2-box automobile with A, B & C pillars, a station-wagon is also a 2-box automobile but with A, B,C and D pillars.
  • The actual cargo box (third box) from a 3-box sedan is taken inside the car to make the station wagon look like an extended hatchback.

Tata's Indigo Marina and Fiat's Siena Weekend are some of the station wagons that were seen on the Indian roads in the last decade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...gon-india.html
Thanks Coolman. I knew the difference between the two but was actually wondering about how different they would look. If you see the photos of SX4 hatch (a google search should pop up some) it does look like a really big hatch. My question was more about how they would unambiguously differentiate between the SX4 hatch and the cross over in terms of their looks.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:28   #192
BHPian

Someone in Hero Corp saw the Royal Enfield Continental GT and though "Wait, we can do this too"

How on Earth can someone rhink of a model like this??? it would not sell back in the '80s.

Take the CIAZ in the photo, replace the LED lights with atmost projectors, remove the alloys and put in Bridgestones 14 inchers, make way for Faux fog lamp section to distinguish between VXI and LXi variants, and that is what we will probably get.
I still can't forget what maruti did to the A-star.

The dollops of chrome on the bumper probably will survive though....

Last edited by aah78 : 6th February 2014 at 01:08. Reason: Posts merged.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 15:43   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Yes we will have separate threads for manufacturers, That's what GTO mentioned in this very same thread and the team is already in Noida.

You can see his post below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/auto-e...ml#post3361690

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 5th February 2014 at 15:53.
Old 5th February 2014, 15:57   #194
gemi_kk

Mahindra launched Quanto with AMT. Nice to see other indian brands started plonking AMT transmissions in their vehicles.

Would love to see, if they plonked AMT in a 2012/2013/2014 Chasis. Quanto hardly moved out of mahindra showrooms. I think, this is another round of (Not a cosmetic one ) makeover to move the stocks out of showrooms.

Sad to see that no updates are coming from moderators. Expo started around 10/11 and till now, we haven't received even one report from Mods.

Its more saddening to see that, "Auto Expo 2014 thread" search in google results "Team Bhp thread" as the first result, which doesn't contain any official update.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 5th February 2014 at 16:16. Reason: Adding value

Old 5th February 2014, 17:06   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Thanks Coolman. I knew the difference between the two but was actually wondering about how different they would look. If you see the photos of SX4 hatch (a google search should pop up some) it does look like a really big hatch. My question was more about how they would unambiguously differentiate between the SX4 hatch and the cross over in terms of their looks.
Crudely put (from the visual perspective only),
  • the SX4 Hatchback would be the boot-chopped SX4 and hence would be smaller in terms of on-road-presence and length
  • the SX4 Crossover would be the boot-extended-till-roof SX4 and hence would be having more in terms of on-road-presence and length.

A casual looker, might pass the Crossover as a Hatchback.

The Quanto and Xylo can be taken as analogy though not in the same context.

What the Marina is to Indica, what the Weekender is to Palio, I think the S-Cross is to SX4 Hatchback !!!

Thanks,
C_ (p 100... 5-2-14)

Last edited by Coolman : 5th February 2014 at 17:12. Reason: Signature Edit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks