Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 20:55   #301
BHPian

Re: General Motors to launch Enjoy by year end

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
For me, Enjoy is just another Tavera, and has no aspirational value. Will affect the sales of Tavera, and settle around 1000 units per month.

They had to launch the Spin MPV, which has a lot of character and style!
Yea, I agree, but I really think GM Brazil wouldn't let GM India touch that. Spin is developed by GM Brazil. Most of their cars in Brazil is market specific and it is Chevy's 3rd Largest market in World.
Old 19th April 2013, 09:33   #302
Senior - BHPian

Someone was asking about boot space.
This pic from Zigwheels explains it. I would say its pretty badly managed unlike Ertiga where the 3rd row folds flat.

Suppose if i am looking for a 5 seater with a huge boot, This vehicle wont serve my purpose. Looks like they are only aiming at Taxi segment which will install a roof top carrier.

Other observation i have is, GM india is dumping cheap chinese goods in india. They had Sonic, but we got Average looking Sail(in comparision). They have the spin which is called their global model, but we get the Enjoy !! If they really wanted to be aggressive in the market, they should have launched Sonic and Spin already.

Other observation is about the bland interiors. Why cant they have a standard golden chevy logo on the steering ? The plastic steering with a tiny embossed bowtie looks so cheap. Are they worried that Logos over Steering gets stolen ?

These are the small things that would not cost much, but will be a disaster if you dont do right !!!

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-chevroletenjoythirdrowphoto11_640x480.jpg
Source - Zigwheels

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is important for you to provide a clickable link when using an image from another website. Also do upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd April 2013 at 11:58. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 09:48   #303
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite a lot of private MPV & SUV vehicles now-a-days have roof top carriers. I guess some vehicles are being developed with the assumption that when there is a family of 6-7 travelling outstation they will use the carrier.

The Dash and captain seats look neat, the third row looks wide, yet it does have to be a 2 seater practically speaking. So this is effectively a 6 seater like any vehicle with mid row captain seats.
Old 19th April 2013, 11:00   #304
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012

Some to a dealer yesterday. They expect the vehicle by month end. No. Indicative pricing yet though.

Last edited by jaibir : 19th April 2013 at 11:03.
Old 19th April 2013, 15:27   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
This pic from Zigwheels explains it. I would say its pretty badly managed unlike Ertiga where the 3rd row folds flat.

Suppose if i am looking for a 5 seater with a huge boot, This vehicle wont serve my purpose. Looks like they are only aiming at Taxi segment which will install a roof top carrier.
The way I understand it, with most other MPVs the rearmost row, slots in between the wheel wells on either side, thus it folds flat but compromises on a crucial 8-10 inches of usable space.

In this case it appears that GM has mounted the seat directly on the wheel wells thus concentrating more on usable space for the 3rd row as opposed to luggage carrying capacity. That having being said, not sure how comfortable the setup would be in terms of ride for the passengers in the third row.

P.S. I could be very wrong about the above, it is just an observation.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd April 2013 at 11:59. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 19th April 2013, 15:41   #306
BHPian

Quote:

These are the small things that would not cost much, but will be a disaster if you dont do right !!!
The rear seat will detach from the bottom and further fold forward. To top it up it might be detachable and removable. Toyota Qualis has a similar mechanism for front facing rear seats. So for 5 people who require the big boot this might be a more practical option.

I have an Innova where the rear seats folds upwards and a qualis with above mechanism. The innova seats always play spoil because the upward folding seats reduce the width of the trunk.

I would say it will suit some and wont suit some and we as end users get to choose the suitable.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd April 2013 at 11:59. Reason: Quoted post edited
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 16:16   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
Yea, I agree, but I really think GM Brazil wouldn't let GM India touch that. Spin is developed by GM Brazil. Most of their cars in Brazil is market specific and it is Chevy's 3rd Largest market in World.
I think the GM Chevy Spin is also coming to the ASEAN markets soon. First being Indonesia.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 08:18   #308
BHPian

Why are they still testing the MPV ? Saw this test mule parked in a mall, a few days back.
I reckon, its about time Chevrolet launched this car..

The car looks roomy from the inside. But very basic dash and trim levels.
By the looks of it, they want to do a Xylo on this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-forumrunner_20130422_081434.png  

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-forumrunner_20130422_081501.png  

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-forumrunner_20130422_081515.png  

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-forumrunner_20130422_081532.png  

Old 22nd April 2013, 13:13   #309
BHPian

Chevy wants to play it safe by testing this and Sail Twins extensively. Already they are Chinese, if it fails in reliability it would be disastrous. Hence this kind of testing. I suppose they advertised xxxxxxkms of testing in India during Sail launch. Further this MPV is given an engine transplant in India, so it's the HAS to undergo this kind of testing. Same with the Sail twins.
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:40   #310
BHPian

Enjoy MPV now on Chevrolet website

Chevrolet's newest offering for the Indian market, the Enjoy MPV is now on its website. The Enjoy is likely to target families looking for a spacious and fuel efficient family vehicle. The styling features a chrome 4 slat front grill with the Chevy 'bowtie' and a chrome surround mesh airdam on the front bumper. However, there's no denying that it follows the same conservative and understated design language as the Sail and Sail U-VA (versus something edgy like the Beat). The clear lens headlamps and front fog lamps round off the design at the front. 6 spoke 14" alloy wheels come standard on the higher end variants.

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-mm_gal_item_c2_5.img_resize.img_stage._2.jpg

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-model_overview_space_that_makes_you_versatile_dual_tone_interiors_980x424_01.jpg

The Enjoy features a monocoque chassis and is rear wheel drive. More importantly it offers a diesel engine that makes 73 BHP and 19.17 Kgm of Torque at 1750 rpm. A 1.4 liter petrol engine is on offer as well. The interior design is par for the course for an MPV with a dual tone dashboard and triple cluster instrument panel with speedometer, tachometer, temperature and fuel gauge. Tilt steering, power windows all round and power mirrors are also on offer along with a height adjustable driver's seat. Dual AC is standard, which is a boon for the middle and last row passengers, and the 3rd row gets a 12 V power outlet too.

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-model_overview_space_that_makes_you_versatile_seating_980x419_02_new.jpg

The Enjoy has the potential to be a success within the Chevrolet stable, if they can overcome their propensity to price cars out of the market. Maruti's Ertiga has been a sales success from day 1, proving the existing market demand for MPVs. The Enjoy will need keen pricing to get off to a good start. As things stand on paper, the Enjoy has the potential to be a competent and well thought out offering from Chevrolet.

With the launch of the Enjoy around the corner, Chevrolet is also running an online competition

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-enjoy-contest.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd April 2013 at 12:21.
Redline6800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:00   #311
BHPian

ACI has done a first drive review of the Enjoy. Check it out:-

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd April 2013 at 12:01. Reason: Embedding youtube video
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:56   #312
BHPian

Quote:

Raj Sir

This arrangement will not make a good 5 seater (which anyways GM doesn't want Enjoy to target, it is the job left to Sail sedans).
However, it is a very good 7 seater as you will have good thigh support as you sit high above the floor. This also means you can sneak in luggage below the seats which I think is functional enough.
And roof carriers are also available to private vehicle owners and not just taxi owners so you can fit it on your car if you don't find space adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
The way I understand it, with most other MPVs the rearmost row, slots in between the wheel wells on either side, thus it folds flat but compromises on a crucial 8-10 inches of usable space.

In this case it appears that GM has mounted the seat directly on the wheel wells thus concentrating more on usable space for the 3rd row as opposed to luggage carrying capacity. That having being said, not sure how comfortable the setup would be in terms of ride for the passengers in the third row.

P.S. I could be very wrong about the above, it is just an observation.
lowrider the seats cannot be fitted (rather should not be) on the wheel arches as due to loading the seats may buckle and put pressure on the wheel arch. This may lead to contact of wheel arch and tyre resulting in tyre rupture or failure. It is a little far fetched but the when concerns are of safety it is never far fetched.
The steel bars are the support frame of the rear most seats. Hope this clarifies.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd April 2013 at 12:01. Reason: Quoted post edited.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:03   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Raj Sir

This arrangement will not make a good 5 seater (which anyways GM doesn't want Enjoy to target, it is the job left to Sail sedans).
However, it is a very good 7 seater as you will have good thigh support as you sit high above the floor. This also means you can sneak in luggage below the seats which I think is functional enough.
And roof carriers are also available to private vehicle owners and not just taxi owners so you can fit it on your car if you don't find space adequate.

lowrider the seats cannot be fitted (rather should not be) on the wheel arches as due to loading the seats may buckle and put pressure on the wheel arch. This may lead to contact of wheel arch and tyre resulting in tyre rupture or failure. It is a little far fetched but the when concerns are of safety it is never far fetched.
The steel bars are the support frame of the rear most seats. Hope this clarifies.
Plz dont call me sir

I posted that pic bit earlier. I think latest Autocar video shows that the rear seat can be folded and lifted too. So my concern is solved.

Coming to 5 seater, I heard that Enjoy will come in both variants(captain seats as well as a bench) so people can choose what they want.

So i wish good luck to GM. price it well and fleet owners are going to love this offering. I am not sure about families. but its not that bad looking.
Old 25th April 2013, 10:15   #314
BHPian

Not a bad looker for a MPV! Though they could have done something about the rear quarter design which is too bland. Looks more spacious than ertiga and 3rd row got good leg-space too.

I wonder why they didn't chose 90 bhp version of the 1.2 litre SDE. This should generate decent sales for chevrolet, atleast from cabbies and some large families. I'm sure pricing will be very competitive.

Last edited by rock75 : 25th April 2013 at 10:16.
Old 26th April 2013, 12:25   #315

I had entered my details in the Chevy website and got a call from the local dealer within 2 hours. He said formal launch is scheduled for 11th May. Also confirmed that the vehicle would be available in petrol and diesel. As expected, he did not have any details about the pricing. He was very cordial and sounded quite excited!
Today, one of the websites is reporting that the launch will be on 9th May.
I am seriously looking at this vehicle. The four captain seats and rear bench for occasional extra passengers suits my requirements well. Fingers crossed.
Regards
Raj
Rajseniorhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks