Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 14:38   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: General Motors to launch Enjoy by year end

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
Tata also needs to drastically overhaul their R&D. You just won't get away with sticking to old boxy designs in a market where everyone is not just looking for the next "new best thing" but also the next "new fresh thing"
the known issues with service and quality really killed my interest in the Aria.
Yep - Totally agree. In fact they need a complete overhaul. Borrow some cues from the JLR Team and incorporate them into Tata Models. Example "Corvette" inspired cockpit in Chevy Sail. There could be a XF inspired feel to probably the Manza.

They might also need to fire the current customer service dept and bring in young talent a.k.a RMs in a Mahindra dealership. Start with Aria, Storme and Safari and slowly trickle down to other models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
- Will Enjoy work even if its spacious compared to Ertiga and priced the same sans the features (ala SAIL)?
- Will Enjoy work even if its the same size as Ertiga but priced lower?
Chevy has one feather - viz it is a hit with taxi operators (Tavera). This plus-point can be used to sell the Enjoy. A bare bones basic model would be a hit with the taxi crowd and probably even dent sales of Xylo d2/e2 if priced correctly. Taxi guys anyways dont care for much features more than an AC. They might also have to give a fully loaded one for 10-11 lacs OTR to compete in the personal/self use segment. If Xylo can sell in Taxi and private segment, GM Chevy can work out a similar strategy and compete with Ertiga too.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 18:16   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Chevy has one feather - viz it is a hit with taxi operators (Tavera). This plus-point can be used to sell the Enjoy. A bare bones basic model would be a hit with the taxi crowd and probably even dent sales of Xylo d2/e2 if priced correctly. Taxi guys anyways dont care for much features more than an AC. They might also have to give a fully loaded one for 10-11 lacs OTR to compete in the personal/self use segment. If Xylo can sell in Taxi and private segment, GM Chevy can work out a similar strategy and compete with Ertiga too.
IMHO, this mixed segment strategy is not going to help the Enjoy in any way. Following the strategy of Dzire is the correct approach. Sell the pre-facelift product to the taxi segment and launch a new facelift intended for the personal vehicle segment. For GM to follow this, they need to wait for a newer facelift to arrive in India.

Selling a vehicle to the taxi segment presents its own problems. The same thing happened to the Indica/Indigo/Vista etc. Through Tata never intended the original Indica for the taxi segment, the segment took a liking for it and Tata was more than happy as the cash registers kept ringing. But the taxi image still continues to haunt the Indica family today and even though they keep launching newer variants by naming them Vista etc etc, it still is a refreshed taxi for many mango people and this affects the sales. Now, the situation is such that Vista is neither the target vehicle for taxi segment nor for the personal segment. Falling sales figures for Indica/Vista is an indication of that.
Old 5th February 2013, 18:46   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
IMHO, this mixed segment strategy is not going to help the Enjoy in any way. Following the strategy of Dzire is the correct approach. Sell the pre-facelift product to the taxi segment and launch a new facelift intended for the personal vehicle segment. For GM to follow this, they need to wait for a newer facelift to arrive in India.

Selling a vehicle to the taxi segment presents its own problems. The same thing happened to the Indica/Indigo/Vista etc. Through Tata never intended the original Indica for the taxi segment, the segment took a liking for it and Tata was more than happy as the cash registers kept ringing. But the taxi image still continues to haunt the Indica family today and even though they keep launching newer variants by naming them Vista etc etc, it still is a refreshed taxi for many mango people and this affects the sales. Now, the situation is such that Vista is neither the target vehicle for taxi segment nor for the personal segment. Falling sales figures for Indica/Vista is an indication of that.
Totally Agree - I was not able to figure out the logic .

Why does Xylo and Innova sell like hot cakes to private owners even though they are favorites amongst Taxi operators. There IS a strategy hidden in the company, which the Sales & Marketting team must un-earth and bring success. Technically poosible as Innova and Xylo are proof. What the strategy is - is something the company should understand.
Old 6th February 2013, 08:56   #244
BHPian

I spotted a very lightly camouflaged Enjoy in Bangalore near Brookefields, the camo was limited only to masking the bowtie and blue tape cris-crossing the body. It looks to be of Evalia proportions, and there's nothing significant about it to blow the segment wide open, unless it is priced aggresively.
Old 15th February 2013, 10:13   #245
BANNED

Re: Scoop Pic! *Improved* Chevrolet Tavera spotted

I saw this testing vehicle near near KR pura(ORR ) Bangalore ,Its Gujarat registered vehicle and I feel its from Chevrolet,fully covered and logo also covered.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-img_20130201_111348_0.jpg  

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-img_20130201_112306_0.jpg  

Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-img_20130201_112229_0.jpg  

balechaparka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 12:11   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pic! *Improved* Chevrolet Tavera spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
I saw this testing vehicle near near KR pura(ORR ) Bangalore ,Its Gujarat registered vehicle and I feel its from Chevrolet,fully covered and logo also covered.
That's the Enjoy which will be launched in a month or so. There was another thread for it - mods could move it over there. Nice capture anyway!
Old 15th February 2013, 13:01   #247
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV : Auto Expo 2012

Spotted the same in Hyderabad last evening on the PVNR ExpressWay. This is the second time i spotted an under-test chevy (earlier it was the Sail sedan near ChandrayanaGutta) in Hyderabad.
I was able to catch only a fleeting glimpse, i think the shape is very similar to Ertiga but the rear is as boxy as a WagonR if not less.

Can anyone confirm if it comes with the 75hp or the 90hp diesel mill? Multiple auto sites over the web are saying this will be a no frills van and no features are expected. As an average Indian family man am looking for a small sized mpv that can carry me n my wife, along with one set of parents and a couple of kids (in the last row)

Requirements:
captain seats in the middle row
split seats in the third row - to carry that extra luggage without compromising too much on the seating capacity!
automatic climate control with dual A/C or rear vents
steering mounted controls
adjustible steering (to find that optimal position for wifey as well)
Airbags (min. 2)
ABS

With the above requirements, am disappointed Ertiga didn't satisfy the first 2 criteria and now am afraid Chevy Enjoy is not going to support 3,4 and 5.

Last edited by paliontile : 15th February 2013 at 13:29.
Old 20th February 2013, 23:44   #248
Senior - BHPian

GM begins production of Chevy Enjoy. That indicates an imminent launch is around the corner. Here is the full report from Autocar India:
http://www.autocarindia.com/News/333...roduction.aspx

Image Source: www.autocarindia.com
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Sail (Hatchback) & Chevrolet MPV (Enjoy) : Auto Expo 2012-0_0_355_http___i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20130220094519_enjoyx.jpg  

swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 23:57   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Question :: When is a production line inaugurated? After the production of test batches or before it? People with insight to assembly lines / manufacturing process could answer this.

If this is before the test batch production, won't we have further 2-3 weeks delay?
Old 21st February 2013, 13:20   #250
Senior - BHPian

I expect the Enjoy to undercut the Evalia and Ertiga in pricing. If it doesnt, then it wont make much of an impact in the market. Performance should be sluggish than the other two as well as the Evalia has a 1.5-litre motor and Ertiga is a 1.3. The ENjoy also has a 1.3 but I am sure it'll be heavier than the Ertiga.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:27   #251
Senior - BHPian

Just recently i saw Enjoy doing testing rounds around Pune. It was covered little bit but one can easily guess that it was Enjoy from GM

Anyways, i couldn't find anything attractive or special in that car. It is just an ordinary car or i should say MPV. Only thing i noticed is it has lots of headroom. Overall it was tall vehicle. Looks wise it was plane, nothing great at all. Don't know what is the idea behind that. May be cost cutting? GM needs to price it below Ertiga & Xylo, then only they have some hope to survive in the market. I have feeling that only few Taxi people will be interested in buying such car. Ertiga looks far better than it. Lets see how GM is going to plan about it.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:45   #252
BHPian

Production of the Enjoy MPV has started.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/333...roduction.aspx

If we go by the pricing of Sail and Sail sedan, similar aggressive pricing can be expected from Chevy for Enjoy. This can hit the Ertiga sales which is enjoying a runaway success. Till then, ENJOY
Old 21st February 2013, 16:08   #253
Senior - BHPian

Saw it yesterday on Ashram road, with number plates covered,else nothing else,first could not get which car is it but on closer look and that covered chevy badge could make its MPV from chevrolet.Looks pretty good,though i was on opposite late,few mins on traffic hault but whatever could be made looking at it, seems a good family mover and much pleasing looks compared to nissans new car.
Old 21st February 2013, 16:49   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

Anyways, i couldn't find anything attractive or special in that car. It is just an ordinary car or i should say MPV. Only thing i noticed is it has lots of headroom. Overall it was tall vehicle. Looks wise it was plane, nothing great at all. Don't know what is the idea behind that. May be cost cutting? GM needs to price it below Ertiga & Xylo, then only they have some hope to survive in the market. I have feeling that only few Taxi people will be interested in buying such car. Ertiga looks far better than it. Lets see how GM is going to plan about it.
You cant term taxi people as few. That is how people like Toyota are running the business isnt it ?

Enjoy is going to be spacious than ertiga, Fuel efficient than Xylo and Cheaper than Innova,Xylo etc.

That is exactly what Cabbies will love. Coming to families who will be using it for private purpose, here it might be a tricky question. Ertiga surely suits them pretty well (especially in the cities) But with good priciing, Chevy can attract some of them, and rural markets.

What is interesting here to see how GM will price it. They already have Tavera which is cabbies favourite after Qualis went out of production.

They have to slot this one in between Tavera and Xylo/Ertiga to win people.
Old 21st February 2013, 17:16   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
You cant term taxi people as few. That is how people like Toyota are running the business isnt it ?

Enjoy is going to be spacious than ertiga, Fuel efficient than Xylo and Cheaper than Innova,Xylo etc.

That is exactly what Cabbies will love. Coming to families who will be using it for private purpose, here it might be a tricky question. Ertiga surely suits them pretty well (especially in the cities) But with good priciing, Chevy can attract some of them, and rural markets.

What is interesting here to see how GM will price it. They already have Tavera which is cabbies favourite after Qualis went out of production.

They have to slot this one in between Tavera and Xylo/Ertiga to win people.
I am not saying Taxi people are few, i am saying only few will be interested in buying this one

Already it has lots of competition from Innova, Ertiga, Xylo, Evalia (Really???), Sumo etc. Also it has major competition from their own product Tavera itself. I am sure after Enjoy launch, Tavera sales are going to get affected. If they want to get market share they have to price it below Xylo, Tavera, Ertiga. Then only it can generate few numbers IMO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks