Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 08:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Around 2 lacs in exshow and 2.25 in on-road. The same is mentioned couple of posts above.
Thanks.
Cijo would suggest you to get the GX then.Here's a break up of what stuff are gonna cost you outside..

Good Audio System with a Pioneer Touchscreen HU-75k
Reverse camera with sensors-10k
Alloy wheels-25k
Stanley Leather Seats Satin/Scandinavian-45-50k
Faux Wood Dash-7-8k.If you plan to install this get this only at your dealer.The Wood Dash you get outside looks the same but is of crappy quality.
ORVM with side indicator-7-8k at the Toyota Dealer
So you still save some money at the end of the day even if you buy a GX and Accesorize it.
cityvic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 22:20   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cijo
10.Optitron combimeter with illumination control (Dont know what does it means)
Not sure if someone has already clarified. The Optitron is the new instrument cluster that was introduced in Fortuner and made its way only to VX. The dials and the numbers have a 3d look and are visible only when turned on else it's completely black. This is similar to the ones in high end cars, infact also there in new Verna. I personally would recommend it as the non Optitron is truck like with really age old dials and looks more in the lines of the instrument cluster of Toyota Qualis.

Last edited by vishnugs : 15th January 2012 at 22:22.
Old 15th January 2012, 22:51   #93
BHPian

Re: A close look at the 2012 Toyota Innova facelift

I had read it in some magazine that in most of the countries Innova is priced more than the Corolla. Corolla is 16 lacs here and if Innova was say a lac more i.e. 17 lacs it would have been only a couple of lacs cheaper than the Fortuner, so it can have Fortuner kind of interiors but in India It is being criticized for the interiors matching a cheaper car. Now for Innova its a plus point.
Old 16th January 2012, 17:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
I had read it in some magazine that in most of the countries Innova is priced more than the Corolla. Corolla is 16 lacs here and if Innova was say a lac more i.e. 17 lacs it would have been only a couple of lacs cheaper than the Fortuner, so it can have Fortuner kind of interiors but in India It is being criticized for the interiors matching a cheaper car. Now for Innova its a plus point.
That is correct. For eg in thailand, the Innova is 15-20% more expensive to purchase as well as hire, compared to say a corolla.
Old 21st January 2012, 10:41   #95
BHPian

Saw one on the road yesterday. The Gaudy chrome patti on the rear was not there. I liked the new look. Some how it seemed a tad bigger too.
Old 24th January 2012, 22:27   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

Reverse camera: Where is it housed? Doesn't seem to be in the bumper at least.

Do we have any chance of Toyota adding safety feature like ABS in mid-variants?
I went to Ravindu Toyota last Sunday and checked out the GX they had on display. The Reverse Camera is positioned under the chrome plate (above the number plate). It provides a view from the bumper all the way until the point where visibility ends when you look through the rear window.

The GX now comes with ABS and Driver's airbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The Innova is already overpriced for what it offers in terms of gadgets. Reliability and practicality cannot be measured in my opinion and is more of an Individual thing. Thats the reason according to me for Toyota not launching a Diesel AT option in the Innova. A premium of 1L over the top end model will easily make the AT car cross 15L OTR which is a sort of mental barrier for a car buyer.
+1 to that. The VX in Bangalore now costs 16.33 Lakhs. Is an AT option is made available for 17 Lakhs, I wonder how many takers there will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmn View Post
I went to Ravindu Toyota last Sunday and checked out the GX they had on display. The Reverse Camera is positioned under the chrome plate (above the number plate). It provides a view from the bumper all the way until the point where visibility ends when you look through the rear window.

The GX now comes with ABS and Driver's airbag.
The camera doesn't come fixed in the GX though - only in VX. The sales person showed me a demo on the Fortuner standing next to the Innova.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th January 2012 at 02:27.
Old 26th January 2012, 10:45   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cijo would suggest you to get the GX then.Here's a break up of what stuff are gonna cost you outside..
cityvic

thanks to your message , I opted for GX instead of V and got the silver one with your mentioned accessories booked yesterday , should take delivery tomorrow or day after .

Last edited by Turbanator : 26th January 2012 at 10:46.
Old 28th January 2012, 16:52   #98

it looks boring although not as bad as what Hyundai did with the last gen Verna {deform}
prasadnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 15:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

I am considering upgrading from my Cedia to Innova 2012 sometime this year. I was going through the specs and i find the GX variant most suitable for my needs. I have some doubts on the technical specs though; i read on site that the Innova engine as below:

Displacement (cc) 2494
Power (PS@rpm) 102@3600
Torque ( Nm@rpm) 200@1400

how is the lag in this car? does it feel very heavy to drive around?

Thanks.
Old 30th January 2012, 16:10   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I am considering upgrading from my Cedia to Innova 2012 sometime this year. I was going through the specs and i find the GX variant most suitable for my needs. I have some doubts on the technical specs though; i read on site that the Innova engine as below:

Displacement (cc) 2494
Power (PS@rpm) 102@3600
Torque ( Nm@rpm) 200@1400

how is the lag in this car? does it feel very heavy to drive around?

Thanks.
Yes those are the ageold specs of Innova still carried onto the facelift. Atleast they should have upped the ante with 120-140 bhp with the facelift, but it still is superb drive.

Lag quite noticeable < 1500 rpm. But once par that the power and torque delivery available on tap and pretty quick. But the beauty is in its city-driveability due to the low end torque.

Heavy to drive? Where did you get that idea? Its for many the ideal upgrade from sedan going into SUV/MUV segment and the lightest one to handle even at critical times/places, probably would surpass a few sedans too at handling.
Old 31st January 2012, 18:39   #101
BHPian

Saw the new Innova at the Nandi Toyota showroom yesterday. The lines on the hood look nice. Except for that, it is the same old Innova. The audio system on the high end model is a welcome addition.

The Innova is a winner in a lot of departments. But the looks are disappointing. What we need is a new design and not new grilles, wheels etc. Toyota - Are you listening?
Old 21st February 2012, 06:13   #102
BHPian

How is audio system quality on VX? I am getting it for 16.2 on road in Hyd. including of 10k accessories.
Old 21st February 2012, 16:37   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
How is audio system quality on VX? I am getting it for 16.2 on road in Hyd. including of 10k accessories.
The Audio system (HU) is good. It has Dolby decoder built in. If you replace the stock speakers with Aftermarket JBLs or Infinitys with an amp and Sub, it would do the trick. This would set you back by around 20K at the max. Exchange your stock speakers at the dealership itself as some G / E owner would like to pick them up.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 15:24   #104
BHPian

Any chance of Innova with CVT

While Toyota has upgraded the Corolla to a 7 speed CVT, the Fortuner only got the 4 speed CVT. Innova does not come at all with a CVT or AT option. Any chance that Toyota may launch Innova with the same gearbox as Corolla or upgrade the Fortuner gearbox to 7 speed in near future. I want to buy a diesel with MUV/SUV with AT but not sure if 4 speed gearbox of Fortuner is as good as Altis's 7 speed one.
Old 6th March 2012, 18:39   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72 View Post
While Toyota has upgraded the Corolla to a 7 speed CVT, the Fortuner only got the 4 speed CVT. Innova does not come at all with a CVT or AT option. Any chance that Toyota may launch Innova with the same gearbox as Corolla or upgrade the Fortuner gearbox to 7 speed in near future. I want to buy a diesel with MUV/SUV with AT but not sure if 4 speed gearbox of Fortuner is as good as Altis's 7 speed one.
Don't expect any more upgrades to the Innova or the Fortuner. The next upgrades will come in the form of next gen models which in my opinion are at least 18 months away.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks