Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 10:31   #1141
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
There is a 55000/- discount on a-star here in Chennai, valid until the month end.

Gift cheque = 35000
Exchange bonus = 20000
Total = 55000
The offer has been made more sweeter:
55k + 3k (corporate discount) + 5k (additional discount) + basic accessories(1.5 k) + sunfilm + underbody coating (5K)..

All these bring the discounts to 55 + 3 + 5 + 1.5 + 5 = 69K

Task in hand - Push for 3rd year warranty
Old 19th August 2011, 10:51   #1142
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
great deal for sure.so you got 80k off + free accesories eh?
And what exactly is this thing about the insurance.did not understand a thing.could you please elaborate.And what is Honda assure?
Yes, 80K + accessories listed above. Seems common these days, remember reading 78K + accessories couple of pages ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-program.html
Honda Assure is insurance facilitated by Honda. Promises smoother processing during claims. Going for a different provider may sometimes lead to claim delays etc. depending on coordination issues between dealer and insurance provider. The rep was giving me insurance from other providers (probably dealer gets a cut from ICICI/Reliance if they sell that to me). I insisted on Honda Assure hoping it will be peace of mind, God firbid I need to use the insurance any time.
Old 20th August 2011, 15:18   #1143
BHPian

hi, the deal I got for my I10 Sportz AT, Electric Red, Mumbai

1. 35 K cash discount
2. 3 K corporate discount
3. 20k exchange discount
4. 2.55 lacs for my 5 yr old Swift Vxi (I kept the woofer, amplifier, wiring)
5. Bridgestone tyres on the i10
6. Mats + Flaps
7. Would be taking the NCB discount (approx 6K) of the insurance post the dealership sells off my Swift (thanks to Guderian for explaining the procedure in detail!)
8. I gave the Swift at my convenience before the new car delivery - have a parking issue
9. VIN no. was immediately provided post the booking cheque being cleared. Did a PDI before registration. All fine!

I didn't want the dealership to accessorize - might only be taking OE fog lamps

Net Hit: 2.81 lacs after selling off the Swift

I tried going in for the A-Star AT but no one guaranteed a delivery time less than 6-8 weeks. The i10 was despatched in 10 days from the factory. There's no choice really in the AT hatchback market if one is in a hurry....

Last edited by d_himan : 20th August 2011 at 15:19.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:26   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

Rs 30,000 off on i10 at Hyundai Motor Plaza, Mumbai.

"The discount is being offered on the car since the car is a few months old and has been on display in the showroom, so the dealer couldn't sell off the car. The car being in showroom is likely to clean and maintained. So it isn't a bad deal to go for."

http://http://www.carwale.com/news/7...za-mumbai.html
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:07   #1145
BHPian

Irresistible offer for ANHC ( All new Honda City) - S MT.

Courtesy Honda in Okhla gave me a Rs.90 K discount on the price. Delhi landed OTR is now Rs.8.18 lacs for S-MT. I booked my car yesterday. This is without the 3M treatment and includes registration, road tax, logistics and insurance.
raj_srini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:13   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post

Courtesy Honda in Okhla gave me a Rs.90 K discount on the price. Delhi landed OTR is now Rs.8.18 lacs for S-MT. I booked my car yesterday. This is without the 3M treatment and includes registration, road tax, logistics and insurance.
That is not an irresistible offer, its an unbelievable offer. My team's manager is in the market for petrol sedan and he went and checked the S-MT here in Pune and the best price he got was 8.80 lacs OTR for S-MT without any freebies. Either Delhi is the best place to buy ANHC or my manager lacks haggling skills big time.
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:26   #1147
Senior - BHPian

That indeed is a great deal. But if I am not mistaken the prices of most Cars in Delhi are cheaper than around the country. I know for sure the taxes in Maharashtra are high. But taxes in Bangalore takes the cake. They are sky high.
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:52   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post

Wow, thats the best I have seen so far for the ANHC. Please provide your tips on negotiation, we are all eagerly waiting for the same.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:43   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Just a few offers i read in the paper today.
Skoda Fabia at 3.99 L during the auspicious Ganesh Fesitval.

Chevy Beat ~ Savings upto 22K ~
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:04   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Few more offers as per today's TOI article:
  • The i10's base model and one of the variant of the Santro have a cash discount of Rs 24,000.

• The i20 petrol offers a free third-year warranty (worth Rs 3,700) and a Rs 2,500 gift voucher.

• The AStar offers total freebies worth Rs 55,000, and these include Rs 20,000 as exchange bonus, Rs 15,000 cash discount, Rs 15,000 free petrol coupon and Rs 5,000 worth free accessories.

• Similar offers are available on the Estilo, WagonR and the Alto, though the total freebie value may be less.

• GM's Spark has an offering worth Rs 60,000. This includes a cash benefit of Rs 30,000, free insurance, free 3-year maintenance package and free accessories.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:15   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Wow, thats the best I have seen so far for the ANHC. Please provide your tips on negotiation, we are all eagerly waiting for the same.
@bharatbs - R.P.Yadav was the sale executive. He did not allow me to negotiate, despite my best attempts over a 1/2 hr personal talk at the dealership. He gave this offer to me as a "take it or leave it" option. I thought it was a pretty good way.
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:35   #1152
BHPian

Yesterday visited Toyota dealer for Etios, Sai Service for SX4 AT and Riverside Honda for City VAT.

Etios top end EF VX Kolhapur OTR 768420.
base EJ J model OTR 556710
For city address registration 1.5% more towards LBT.
Discounts - NIIIIIIIIL
Free Accessories - Nil.

Showroom experience quite warm. Sales reps were welcoming and offered drinking water and asked if we would have hot beverages.
Overall EF VX version was quite inviting. I did not think dash was overtly cheapo. Wifey did like the red display car like hell. Was offered TD immediately. Product aside, the showroom experience itself instilled some confidence in the product.

Then went on to Sai Service next door.
Was specifically enquiring about SX4 AT version.
SX4 ZXI BS IV AT Kolhapur OTR 927598/-
sx4 ZXI BS IV Leather AT 963093/-
Same 1.5% LBT if address within municiple limits.

Showroom experience:
Hopeless! Even worse but I am not finding appropriate word.
New Swift booking effect very obvious. I have enough and don't care about you now attitude. I waded through a few couples haing a look at new Swift. Somehow found a sales rep to hand me over SX4 price list.
And then I walked away. No one seemed bothered about noting phone numbers even.
Discounts: Well was initially given a stern look and then was told 25K discount. When I mentioned AT, I was told that I have to book with 1 Lac advance and sign an undertaking that I will not cancel my booking. And usual non-sense that you HAVE to buy insuarance from Sai Service itself.
Go to h**l. I would sure never step into Maruti showroom again at least this one. My current car is a Maruti and how I wonder was my earlier experience was awesome at different dealer. This example proves again that competition is a must.

Next I walk into Riverside Honda.
I once had registered ineterst for Jazz online when there were talks that Jazz likely to get CVT.
I got a call from Honda on Saturday informing new Jazz had arrived.
When I walked in, I was pleasantly greeted. The conduct of sale rep was bang in the professional zone.
Decided to have a look at City V AT. Same wasn't available. But V version was thoroughly shown to my utmost satisfaction. I was very much impressed by the showroom experience and product too, except that the rear bench looked striclty for 2 Adults and a kid unlike SX4/Manza style. In the mean time were served coffee. It leaves a good impression.
Pricing:
V AT Kolhapur OTR: 1031850/-
1.5% LBT extra.
EMT 826289/-
No extra advance payments and no hefty penalties should I decide to cancel my AT booking.
Current offer for Insurance free and other stuff drops this price by 50K at least.
I requested a net connection on which I showed them team-bhp thread where bh.p secured 80K discount. When asked if they can give a similar offer, the rep smiled and said they can try to match it to the extent possible if I book immediately.
Since I do not have first hand experience on AT car of any make I decided to rather wait till I take a TD.
But 100000KM coolant change, timing chain lifelong, oil change routines at much higher km, snob value, near perfect engineering etc has made me inclined towards city AT.
As far as Jazz goes top end is 6.8 L on road. Knockoff insurance as it will be offered free. No additional discounts as there is waiting for the same. Riverside is sitting on 65 booking even before the model was available for exhibit at their showroom.

I would update Vento AT kolhapur pricing.
Kolhapur and pune pricing seems quite close.

Apologies for stretching the pricing thread so much.
However I do wonder if any one would find any interest in SX4 AT anymore. I was rather thinking that Maruti would offer close to 1 Lac discount to match City AT offer.
I am also of the impression that Honda AT box and system provides much more than that of SX4 AT box but I do admit that my understanding of AT boxes do not qualify me even as a beginner.
Also City Basic falls within Etios top end segment. At least I would opt for City Basic. What a smart pricing by Honda.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:43   #1153
Senior - BHPian

The ANHC comes with a 5 speed AT box with paddle shifters.
Whereas the SX4 comes with a sort of outdated 4 speed box.
I would highly recommend the ANHC AT, it's a fantastic car and you will definately not regret your decision. It's rather fuel efficient too.

Regarding the Jazz top end.
in Pune the Jazz X variant retails for 7lakhs OTR.
Are you sure you can get insurance free on the facelifted jazz?
That would be quite awesome. Did the sales rep agree to the same?
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:58   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
mdsaab
Regarding the Jazz top end.
in Pune the Jazz X variant retails for 7lakhs OTR.
Are you sure you can get insurance free on the facelifted jazz?
That would be quite awesome. Did the sales rep agree to the same?
My bad. After reading your reply I called them again. They said Insurance free only for City and not for Jazz. Apologies

But even then without stupid LBT, for someone residing outside municiple limits, OTR is 677950/-. Good isn't it?

BTW, sales rep told me AT box was 6 speed Ha ha. He did mention about paddle shifter.
SX4 was attractive at previous difference in price point. Now I am not even going to look at it. Still waiting for Vento AT TD. But more or less fixed on city AT.
Now since you own one, may I please ask you abt comparatively lower GC. I believe estilo's GC is 165. And was told City has 160. I never had a problem of bottom scraping in estilo here in Kolhapur where roads are competing the dirt tracks. Hope city too is easy with this practically.
As you are talked about a lot on negotiating best deals any tips for me?

Rgds.
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:11   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
My bad. After reading your reply I called them again. They said Insurance free only for City and not for Jazz. Apologies

But even then without stupid LBT, for someone residing outside municiple limits, OTR is 677950/-. Good isn't it?

BTW, sales rep told me AT box was 6 speed Ha ha. He did mention about paddle shifter.
SX4 was attractive at previous difference in price point. Now I am not even going to look at it. Still waiting for Vento AT TD. But more or less fixed on city AT.
Now since you own one, may I please ask you abt comparatively lower GC. I believe estilo's GC is 165. And was told City has 160. I never had a problem of bottom scraping in estilo here in Kolhapur where roads are competing the dirt tracks. Hope city too is easy with this practically.
As you are talked about a lot on negotiating best deals any tips for me?

Rgds.
PHEW! that brings some relief, if they were to offer free insurance on the facelifted jazz it would be a real shocker.

Rs. 6,78,000/- OTR for the top end is mouthwatering indeed.

Yes i would take the sx4 out of the equation too.
It's clearly between the ANHC and Vento AT.
The Vento has a 6 speed AT BTW.
Also check out Noopster's fantastic thread for more info on the Vento AT.

So far in Pune i have not had any issues with the GC of the ANHC.
What i suggest is to take a test drive of the ANHC on the most horriblest roads of Kohlapur that you know. If you are satisfied with it's performance over the rough stuff, then you can go in for one.

Well if your dealer matches up to the current best cash discount.
You have already got yourself a juicy deal.
But you can always try and up it with a few basic accessories.
Such as reverse sensor, body cover etc.
Body cover being the easiest one to get.
This is to be done when taking out your cheque book for the booking amount. Tell them you are serious and can seal the deal right then and there.
Call in sales manager if required. You will get something for sure.
Also you can speak for a favorable deal if you are planning to opt for some ANHC accessories like ducktail spoiler, illuminated side step garnish etc.
Maybe a % Discount or so.
Hope this helps.
Good luck with the negotiations.
Do not fear, it's them who want the money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks