Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2023, 13:44   #9376
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Tata Nexon prices hiked by up to Rs 15,000; new variants added

Tata Motors has increased the prices of the Nexon by up to Rs 15,000. The carmaker has also made some changes to the variant line-up.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-starlightnexoncolordbanner.jpg

Prices of the petrol variants have gone up by Rs 10,000, while the diesel trims cost Rs 15,000 more. As a result, the base price for the Nexon has been revised to Rs 7.80 lakh (ex-showroom).

Tata Motors often rejigs variants depending on demand and other factors. This time, the carmaker deleted the XZ Plus, XZA Plus, along with their HS, L, Premium, Dark Edition, Dual Tone and Kaziranga trims. These have been replaced with two new variants called LUX and LUXS.

The 2023 Nexon carries forward the same engines as before. The compact SUV is powered by a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 118 BHP and 170 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel that puts out 108 BHP and 260 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and 6-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 9th February 2023 at 13:46.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 14:46   #9377
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Since its the same state, the Thane dealer should be able to register at the Pune RTO. I don't think you need to run around for this.
You can do that even from other state. I brought my last car from Delhi and the the dealer got registration of Ghaziabad. In such scenerio , dealers first provide temporary registration and later permanent registration.
Old 9th February 2023, 14:58   #9378
BHPian

One of my friend has booked, Tata Nexon XZA+ Dark Edition Petrol for 13.17L in Thane
The on-road price for the model was 13.60L, but after negotiation, 13.17L was finalized.
Delivery is 10-12 weeks as per sales advisor.

The manuals variants are available in 2 weeks as per him.
Old 9th February 2023, 15:51   #9379
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier & Safari prices hiked by up to Rs 25,000

Tata Motors has increased the prices of the Harrier and Safari by up to Rs 25,000. The revised prices are applicable from February 2023.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-harriertropicalmistmobile.jpg

The base XE variants of both the Harrier and Safari now costs Rs 20,000 more, while prices of other variants have gone up by Rs 25,000. With the latest hike, the Harrier range costs between Rs 15 lakh to Rs 22.60 lakh. The revised prices of the Safari range from Rs 15.65 lakh to Rs 24 lakh (ex-showroom).

The Harrier and Safari share the same 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 168 BHP and 350 Nm. The engine is paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Meanwhile, Tata Motors is gearing up to launch the 2023 Harrier and Safari Red Dark edition later this year. Both SUVs are expected to get a larger 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 7-inch instrument cluster, a 360-degree camera and ADAS.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 9th February 2023 at 15:52.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 20:41   #9380
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The revised prices of the Safari range from Rs 15.65 lakh to Rs 24 lakh (ex-showroom).
OEMs are for surely more inclined for profits and taking advantage of their order books.

Over the last few months:

- Steel prices are either stable or going down
- Logistics costs are again quite stable
- Air freight situations are lesser in auto components industry as of now + high waiting period shows that OEMs are not in hurry (air shipping parts) to fulfill the orders
- OEMs are certainly not substantially increasing salary of employees/labors
- OEMs are certainly not compensating the suppliers for their increased cost (1st hand experience)

I agree that there are cost increases for few raw materials like Copper and special steels. But these cost increases do not justify the car price increases every forth quarter.
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 10:24   #9381
BHPian

Price hike blaming increase in raw materials is one of the way out for them to make money. The standard practice of looting customers by showing the order to deliver (waiting period) is 2 to 4 months from booking date still outruns other methods.

You never get the car at the price in which discounts are given unless someone else has cancelled the booking and then you are given that order, but then even to that the color and trim may be of not of your choice.

Price locking should be introduced, high time now!
EshanS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 12:52   #9382
Senior - BHPian

Kia cars could get dearer by Rs 50,000 from March 1

According to a leaked document, Kia is likely to increase the prices of its models by up to Rs 50,000 from March 1, 2023.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-kiaseltossonetcarenspricehikemar2023rdenorms768x398.jpg

The document also reveals the model-wise quantum of the price hike. Prices of the petrol and diesel versions of the Seltos are likely to go up by Rs 40,000 and Rs 50,000, respectively.

The Sonet petrol is expected to cost Rs 30,000 more, while the diesel version could command a premium of Rs 45,000. The prices of the petrol and diesel versions of the Carens could rise by Rs 30,000 and Rs. 50,000, respectively. The document doesn’t say anything about the Carnival.

This is not the first price hike announced by Kia this year. Prices were increased by up to Rs 1 lakh just last month.

Source: Rushlane
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 13:07   #9383
BHPian

Price hikes became a weekly occurrence after COVID-19. Unfortunately, nobody at the top cares about these hikes.
GhostGrid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 19:57   #9384
BHPian

I am not able to understand all these protests against price hikes claiming "companies are looting customers, companies don't care about customers, etc. etc.". Do we not understand how capitalism works? If I have a business, am I supposed to sell at the least price possible or the max price possible, the price at which I can still move the maximum inventory, optimizing the profits?
bordeaux is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:18   #9385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
I am not able to understand all these protests against price hikes claiming "companies are looting customers, companies don't care about customers, etc. etc.". Do we not understand how capitalism works? If I have a business, am I supposed to sell at the least price possible or the max price possible, the price at which I can still move the maximum inventory, optimizing the profits?
I agree totally. If you feel that the price is unreasonable, boycott the brand, do not buy.

Sellers will alway try to sell at the maximum price possible, as long as there is buyer.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 17:07   #9386
Senior - BHPian

MG to hike prices of its models by up to Rs 60,000

MG Motor India is set to increase the prices of its models by up to Rs 60,000. The new prices will be applicable from March 1, 2023.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2023mghector01.jpg

The MG Gloster and diesel variants of the Hector will see the most significant price revision of Rs 60,000, while the prices of the Hector petrol will increase by Rs 40,000.

MG will also increase the prices of the Astor. The SUV will command a premium of Rs 30,000. Similarly, those looking to purchase the ZS EV will have to shell out Rs 40,000 more for the electric SUV.

This is not the first price hike announced by MG this year.

Last edited by TusharK : 16th February 2023 at 17:28.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 23:42   #9387
BHPian

Quote:
Do we not understand how capitalism works? If I have a business, am I supposed to sell at the least price possible or the max price possible, the price at which I can still move the maximum inventory, optimizing the profits?
This is not Capitalism but cartel operating to maximize investors at expense of customers. Soon buying car will a luxury item just like 1970s out of reach of salaried class. Complete shift EV only exacerbate.
Old 16th February 2023, 23:49   #9388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Soon buying car will a luxury item just like 1970s out of reach of salaried class. Complete shift EV only exacerbate.
If that's the case, I am not sure who is buying all these inventories then. Are car manufacturers buying their own inventories via proxies leading to extended waiting periods? Cars are flying off the shelves across the country. Ref: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/vehicl...4-january-2022

Even the supremely overpriced Mercs are flying like crazy. Ref: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/januar...mercedes-india
Old 17th February 2023, 00:09   #9389
BHPian

Quote:
If that's the case, I am not sure who is buying all these inventories then. Are car manufacturers buying their own inventories via proxies leading to extended waiting periods? Cars are flying off the shelves across the country. Ref: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/vehicl...4-january-2022

Even the supremely overpriced Mercs are flying like crazy. Ref: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/januar...mercedes-india
1. Waiting period is only for specific models. Long waiting helps manufacturers in many ways:
a. Clearing of slow selling model inventory
b.Helps to create a artificial hype around their halo model and negates any negatives publicity around the model.
c. No need to ramp manufacturing thereby saving investing.
I suspect the 2016 shale oil fiasco has been a catalyst for this.

2. Luxury cars are altogether different domain. Even recession of 1930s only mass market cars suffered and that is true now also.
FrozeninTime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 10:55   #9390
Senior - BHPian

MY2022 Mahindra Thar offered at Rs 1 lakh discount

There’s a 4-month wait for the Mahindra Thar. However, if you don’t wish to wait that long, dealerships have the MY2022 Thar readily available and that too with an attractive discount.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-3-thar_newcolour_blazingbronze.jpg

According to a media report, Mahindra dealerships are offering a discount of up to Rs 1 lakh on the 2022 Thar LX Petrol AT 4WD. It is said that customers can avail of a cash discount of Rs 45,000 or accessories worth Rs 60,000. There’s a corporate discount of Rs 10,000 and an exchange bonus of Rs 15,000 as well. Besides this, Mahindra is also offering a 3-year maintenance package and insurance benefits.

The Mahindra Thar LX Petrol AT 4WD variant comes with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder mStallion petrol engine that produces 150 BHP and 320 Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel drive system.

Earlier this year, Mahindra introduced the rear-wheel drive version of the Thar. The carmaker is now gearing up to launch the Thar 5-door.

Source: Carwale
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks